Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Navigation
Front Page
Forum
Gallery
Wiki

Ads by Google


Go Back   Hamster Central > >

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2016, 11:02 AM   #1
Bethyboo11
Hamster Pup
 
Bethyboo11's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: U.K.
Posts: 78
Unhappy Trixie rodent wheel rattling - help

I'll try and explain this the best I can:
I've looked at the wheel, and the actual rattling is caused by a large gap between the wheel and the screw ghat fixes the wheel to the stand. If you understand what I mean, please help me out with a solution - it's been keeping me awake at night!

Last edited by Bethyboo11; 08-23-2016 at 11:03 AM. Reason: I misspelled a word
Bethyboo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 11:28 AM   #2
Pygmypuff
Hamster Addict
 
Pygmypuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South West England
Posts: 971
Default Re: Trixie rodent wheel rattling - help

Hello - afraid I don't have a solution but do have the same problem and would love some help also lol
Pygmypuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 11:32 AM   #3
Bethyboo11
Hamster Pup
 
Bethyboo11's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: U.K.
Posts: 78
Thumbs up Re: Trixie rodent wheel rattling - help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pygmypuff View Post
Hello - afraid I don't have a solution but do have the same problem and would love some help also lol
I'd love to buy a new one but
1. I bought it 2 days ago
2. My hamster is in love with it

I've tried putting a sausage-shaped piece of blue tack where the rattling is occurring, and this has helped a tiny bit
Bethyboo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 12:10 PM   #4
Lala Noma
Hamster Pup
 
Lala Noma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Spain
Posts: 211
Default Re: Trixie rodent wheel rattling - help

Teflon tape in the screw? Maybe that will soften the rattle...
Lala Noma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 12:35 PM   #5
Pygmypuff
Hamster Addict
 
Pygmypuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South West England
Posts: 971
Default Re: Trixie rodent wheel rattling - help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethyboo11 View Post
I'd love to buy a new one but
1. I bought it 2 days ago
2. My hamster is in love with it

I've tried putting a sausage-shaped piece of blue tack where the rattling is occurring, and this has helped a tiny bit
Exactly!

Ah great idea, thank you
Pygmypuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 03:41 PM   #6
velma
Moderator
 
velma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Wiltshire, UK
Posts: 3,255
Default Re: Trixie rodent wheel rattling - help

If the hamster can get at the blue tack in any way, the I would really strongly advise against it. I don't have a trixie wheel to know what the problem but the gap doesn't sound like something concealed inside the wheel. If it's something you've out on the outside then then ham may be bake to nibble at it and it is almost certainly not digestible.
Could you wedge a piece of toilet paper in until someone with a trixie wheel can help out? If you feel the gap is a fault and you've only had it two days, you should be able to return it and get a replacement.
velma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 04:12 PM   #7
Bethyboo11
Hamster Pup
 
Bethyboo11's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: U.K.
Posts: 78
Unhappy Re: Trixie rodent wheel rattling - help

Quote:
Originally Posted by velma View Post
If the hamster can get at the blue tack in any way, the I would really strongly advise against it. I don't have a trixie wheel to know what the problem but the gap doesn't sound like something concealed inside the wheel. If it's something you've out on the outside then then ham may be bake to nibble at it and it is almost certainly not digestible.
Could you wedge a piece of toilet paper in until someone with a trixie wheel can help out? If you feel the gap is a fault and you've only had it two days, you should be able to return it and get a replacement.
I am aware that the blue tax is certainly not safe for hammies, however it is highly unlikely that he will know that it is there as it is obscured by the screw it's self That's a great idea about the toilet paper, but that will not work - as the wheel is turning, the toilet paper will just slide off
Bethyboo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
rattling, rodent, stand, understand, wheel, trixters

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Parts of this site powered by vBulletin Mods & Addons from DragonByte Technologies Ltd. (Details)
Copyright 2003-2020, Hobby Solutions
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:33 AM.