My Syrian, Winston, is currently in a Glass tank what measures: 122cm x 40cm x 50cm (LxDxH)
You can find second hand tanks for cheap, i got mine for £60 on Gumtree which is an amazing price! It even came with loads of fish supplies too!
- Allows lots of floor space
- Unable to chew on bars (because there is non)
- Allows for deep substrate
- Allows for a good view
- Allows a lot of enrichment
- Allows appropriate wheel size for a Syrian (and any other hamster)
- Easily cleaned
- Promotes natural behaviors (Due to the size)
- Promotes good health (Due to the size. E.g. strong muscles, good flexibility etc..)
- Appearance is simple and modern.
- Clean out less often (Due to size)
- You need to buy a lot of substrate.
- Hamster can chew off silicon.
- You have to make a lid with ventilation.
- Can be tricky moving the tank around. (You need 2+ people)
- Can be tricky placing it somewhere!
If anyone else wants to add their reviews on glass tanks feel free to share them with everyone. Personally i love glass tanks and i think everyone should get one! They're not as expensive as you think!
although i do want a taller one for my ham so i can put more substrate in, but that's just me being picky and spoiling my baby