PDA

View Full Version : How long do they live?

SarahJ
08-12-2010, 06:44 AM
i just thought that i dont actaully know the life expectancy for a chinese ham, could anyone tell me this please?

My 2 boys are weeks off being 2 years old and they are still as active as when they where young - they dont seem to have aged as fast as my Syrians.

internet_nobody
08-12-2010, 08:51 AM
In my experience, 2 is more of a minimum for chinese than an expected age. It isn't unusual for them to get to 2 and a half, so you should have plenty of time left with your boys!

Kassilik
10-22-2010, 12:43 PM
I'm not exactly sure, but the pet store I got mine from said 3 to maybe even four years, but I'm not sure how reliable that is, since it was just on a piece of paper at a pet store :P

SarahJ
10-22-2010, 01:11 PM
thanks, my boys are ober 2 years now and are still as active as the day i got them when they were 8 weeks old!!!

so im guessing they have a longer life then most hams

SnickersTheFirst
10-22-2010, 01:23 PM
There is a thread running somewhere that people post the age that their hamster passed away at, if that's useful? :)

racinghamster
10-23-2010, 03:44 AM
I`m hoping to rehome a Chinese hamster at some point in time and have read that their lifespan can be anywhere between two and four years! I guess a lot depends on how they are kept/fed and their genetic background? They are beautiful little creatures and they sound so lovely. Although I suppose there are some exceptions out there! Just hope when my time comes I get a tame one! :mad: