PDA

View Full Version : sad day..

Lily
08-07-2010, 01:24 PM
Unfortunately tonight we have had to have my daughters russian campbells hamster pts:(

We bought her at P@H and the person who checked her over said she had a little dampness around her bottom but he said it wasn't wet tail.

We had her about 6 weeks and she pooed alot and we thought it was change of food, not anything else as we were told otherwise. She seemed quite lively most of the time.

I checked on her tonight and she looked asleep and although breathing was quite still, I noticed something wasn't right so we took her to the vets he said she had had a prolapse and i was best to put her to sleep.

How do I tell my daughter who is away atm? do I ring her?

Last time I get a hamster from there!

helenp
08-07-2010, 01:28 PM
Oh am so sorry, poor little baby.

wofunny
08-07-2010, 01:31 PM
i a sorry for your loss :( RIP little one.

i would wait and tell her when she gets back, the last thing i would want is sad news to ruin my holiday, but you know her best. xx

Katty_Sheldon
08-07-2010, 01:36 PM
I think wet tail is only in syrians, so the person was right. Poor hammie. RIP little one. At least he had a good home for a while.
You know your daughter best...

LiamScott95
08-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Sorry about your loss :(

suga
08-08-2010, 12:14 AM
Sleep well little one. :(

shazzy
08-08-2010, 12:52 AM
Sleep well little one x

I was away when my Mo had to be pts, and before I went I told my mum that I wanted her to call me straight away if anything happened to little Mo (although I didnt think it would :()

However, I am 27 and could just about handle it - I take it your daughter is alot younger? It may be best to wait xx

fluffymunchkins
08-08-2010, 04:04 AM
Poor baby, i hate it when pet shops are so stupid!
Its best to let your daughter have a final goodbye, wait until she gets back, i don't know what your vet did with your hamster after she passed (and i'm sur eyou don't wnat to go into the details)
But i'm hoping you can put her in a final resting place and let your daughter decorate the grave and say her prayers. Kids can cope remarkably well with these things, sometimes even better than adults.

Rest in peace and look after all our dearly departed hammies up there lil one xx

Humphrey Furball
08-08-2010, 04:46 AM
Sorry about the loss of your little one, I'm sure your daughter will understand that you did the best thing for her. RIP little hammie.

katie123
08-08-2010, 07:24 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss, when we loose a pet we my daughter either makes a little card or writes a little note card saying how much we loved them and goodbye from everyone, we then bury it with them so they have something. If it's too late to do this you could always let her release a balloon with message on it. It all depends how old she is really.
Sleep well little hammie.

Lily
08-08-2010, 08:51 AM
Thank you everyone for your kind words, my daughter is nearly 18! but it doesn't make it any easier:(

I was attached to the hammy too and it was very upsetting to see her go as she was a youngster as well.

princess-rhi89
08-08-2010, 08:59 AM
awww sleepwell little hammie. At least you know your little one is in no more pain and is at peace xxx

annie81
08-08-2010, 01:09 PM
sleep tight little one

xx

souffle
08-08-2010, 02:44 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss. I'm sure that at 18 your daughter will understand that you had to let her go to relieve her pain.
Play well at the bridge little one XX

laura
08-09-2010, 12:34 PM
oh dear, that's sad to hear. It's not as common in dwarf hamsters to get wet tail I have heard, but pets at home are pretty stupid really. I hope your daughter doesn't take it too hard! R.I.P little dwarf hammie.

Maybe if you complain to pets at home they may give you another hamster since it was ill when you got it, although I know it won't make up for your loss as it is very sad once you've bonded with them. xx

LiamScott95
08-09-2010, 03:48 PM
I agree ive had enough with P@H I wont be buying from them either.

R.I.P little one.

Faerydae
08-18-2010, 06:48 AM
sorry to hear that :(

there's so many bad stories about hamsters from P@H, my first 2 hamsters that I had were from there, robos... one of them was fine but very tempremental as they don't get handled there and the other one died within a few weeks :(