PDA

View Full Version : Please welcome Olive!

Urchin
07-16-2010, 03:44 AM
I'm new to this forum, but I wanted to introduce my new little dwarf girl, Olive.

She's a black campbell's dwarf. Not sure of her exact age, but she is still pretty small, so I wouldn't guess she's more than 2-3 months old.

Olive and I had quite the adventure yesterday! I went to pick her up on my lunch break, and on my way back, my car began to die! I did manage to get back to work, and Olive spent the afternoon in her carrying cage, in my desk. She seemed a little sad to be alone (she was being kept at the petstore in the same cage as her 4 sisters), but I hope she'll adjust to being an only hamster!

When it was time to go home, I made my fiance come get me :) He drove my poor car home and I drove his truck, with Olive in the passengers seat. I had to stop to jump start my car (while DH drove it) about 3 times on our way to the mechanic. Dear little Olive slept through the whole trip! I was so happy, as I was a bit concerned that all the stopping and starting would stress her out, but she was a trooper!

She's now at home in her new two-story bin cage. She's a little timid, but is already gladly accepting sunflower seeds from my hand :)

She also is learning all about tubes and wheels, as I suspect this is the first time she really has had any experience with them!

I'll be sure to keep updating on Olive's progress. She's such a sweet little girl!

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c34/lunar_lamb/Hamster/olive2.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c34/lunar_lamb/Hamster/hamolive1.jpg

Hope
07-16-2010, 03:57 AM
Aw Olive sounds to have had quite an adventure already!! She is beautiful and its great that she is accepting treats already - well done! :-)

Welcome to HC - I look forwad to hearling lots more about you both!

Tish36
07-16-2010, 04:53 AM
Welcome to the forum :)

Olive is one of the most adorable hams I have ever had the pleasure of seeing :D

Cutey pie!!!

RachK
07-16-2010, 05:08 AM
OMG! Olive is adorable. What a gorgeous little dwarf.

Look forward to hearing more about you. And I'm sure she will be fine living on her own in her new bin cage she's got you! My dwarf lives on his own & is very happy.

:)

Jesse
07-16-2010, 05:21 AM
Oh my life, Olive is GORGEOUS!!! I just love her colouring :-D

princess-rhi89
07-16-2010, 05:24 AM
Aww shes adorable, all desks should come with a little one like this lol :D
Im glad she has found a loving home with you and cant wait to hear more about her.
oh and best of luck with your car xx

wofunny
07-16-2010, 05:29 AM
What a gorgeous hamster! I agree Rhi all desks should come with a hammy!

Fidgetthefirst
07-16-2010, 07:41 AM
Oh my gosh - shes a little stunner :]

fluffymunchkins
07-16-2010, 09:08 AM
I am in love!
Olive is just a beauty <3
her cage sounds fab, would there be any chance of a piccy of it?

Katty_Sheldon
07-16-2010, 11:33 AM
What a sweet hamster! And Olive is really a nice name for her:)

Urchin
07-16-2010, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I must admit, Olive might actually be an OLIVER! While he/she was climbing the cage last night, I swear I saw boy parts. I will take a more thorough look once he/she has settled in and is more comfortable with me!

Either way, I love the little bugger!

Dora
07-16-2010, 12:31 PM
awww olivia is beautiful! welcome too.

HamstersAreHardcore
07-17-2010, 05:06 PM
Olive / oliver is lovely !

Welcome to HC youll get addicted soon !

Also like Fluffy Munchkins can we see your cage setup ?

The two storey bin sounds amazing and i really want to see it :)

Urchin
07-18-2010, 04:30 PM
Thanks for all the warm welcomes! Here are a few more pics of Olive :)
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c34/lunar_lamb/Hamster/olive1.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c34/lunar_lamb/Hamster/olive2-1.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c34/lunar_lamb/Hamster/olive3.jpg

Heres a pic of the cage. This was from before when Cricket lived in it, but it's still the same
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c34/lunar_lamb/Hamster/hallc2.jpg

Oh, and I am pretty sure Olive is a she :) Phew!

RachK
07-19-2010, 03:23 AM
Olive is just too cute! I can't stop looking at all her pics! I check everyday. Especially love that one with her little feet up against the side of her cage.:)
Is that the regular 6.5 inch Silent Spinner you have for her? As I am going to order one of those. I got a 4.5 inch for Huxley but it is too small really. Stopped using it now as his little back was touching the spindle. :(

Demelza
07-19-2010, 04:04 AM
awww Olive is gorgeous, shes got such cute little ears lol. Hope she settles in well

Urchin
07-19-2010, 05:57 AM
Olive is just too cute! I can't stop looking at all her pics! I check everyday. Especially love that one with her little feet up against the side of her cage.:)
Is that the regular 6.5 inch Silent Spinner you have for her? As I am going to order one of those. I got a 4.5 inch for Huxley but it is too small really. Stopped using it now as his little back was touching the spindle. :(

Yes, that is a 6.5 inch silent spinner. It was pretty funny watching her learn how to use it :) She had never had a wheel before! She's a pro already though ;)

I can't wait until she is tame enough to be taken out of the cage for playpen time! Then I should be able to get some super cute pics!

fluffymunchkins
07-19-2010, 09:46 AM
that cage is so faboulius!!!! I think i've seen a pic of it before when looking for bin cage pics :D
Olive looks like shes coming along great too xx

wofunny
07-19-2010, 12:13 PM
Great Bin!!! looks like lots of fun for Olive :)

Hope
07-20-2010, 04:29 AM
Olive is such a little cutie!! Loe the pic of her with you offering her a treat - she looks so sweet! :-) Oh, great set up aswell - looks really spacious!

Urchin
08-05-2010, 05:11 PM
I have some really devestating news guys...

I just went down stairs to have my nightly training time with Olive..

I saw her in her little sand bath..not moving. At first I thought she was sleeping..but then though it was an unusual place for her to sleep.

When I called her name, and she didn't move, I knew something was wrong.

My little girl is gone :( I suspect it must have happened earlier this evening, and it must have been a heart attack or something. She was limp and lying on her side :(

I am so heart broken.

annie81
08-06-2010, 01:29 AM
i am so sorry for your loss. sleep tight little olive
xx

Hope
08-06-2010, 02:32 AM
What a terrible shock for you - and so soon, :-(

RIP Olive x

SarahJ
08-06-2010, 04:26 AM
oh no :( im so sorry to hear this *hugs*

R.I.P little one

RachK
08-06-2010, 06:23 AM
OMG! I am so sorry. I came into the thread again as I thought you had added new pics of Olive. How so very sad. She was so cute.
Thinking of you at this sad time.

RIP little Olive. xxx

Humphrey Furball
08-06-2010, 11:23 AM
So sorry to hear your sad news about Olive; she was a beautiful hamster. It's really hard when you lose them so young, but she looked as if she had the best life in a lovely home. Play well at the bridge Olive x

fluffymunchkins
08-08-2010, 05:59 AM
I'm so sorry for your lose, but she left a very happy ham.
She was filled with love even for this short amount of time x

wofunny
08-08-2010, 06:02 AM
I am so sorry for your loss :(

She was a buitifull little girl and will be greatly missed.

RIP Olive

souffle
10-20-2010, 03:58 AM
I am so sorry. There must have been a little something wrong inside her :(

anorak
10-20-2010, 05:11 AM
Oh no. I was just looking at how wonderful she was. I am so sorry.....R.I.P little one.

Doodles
10-20-2010, 06:42 AM
Oh no ! Was just about to post to say what a pretty little hammy and how her lovely name suited her :(

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, you must be heartbroken

RIP little Olive

Hugs to you too Urchin