PDA

View Full Version : Grave markers for little lost hamsters

shazzy
07-01-2010, 01:06 AM
I have been looking for a little memorial plaque or grave marker for Little Mo's pot, but found that they mostly come in dog/cat/horse sizes.

Then I found this website which does little simple grave markers, in the shape of the animal that has passed - and there is a hamster shaped one.

Pet memorials, pet headstones, pet gravestones, pet memorial, pet tombstone - Friends4ever UK (http://www.friends-4ever.co.uk/products/index.html)

It's just a little token but it will be nice to pop in Mo's pot saying that she lies here.

Thought I'd share it incase anyone else wanted something similar.. xx

Hope
07-01-2010, 01:15 AM
aww thats really nice Shazzy, nice and simple and not too in your face, if you know what I mean.

I have come accross on ebay before hamster burial 'kits' (sorry, for want of a better word), with a little carboard coffin and a little plaque, I havent seen then for a while though . . . not sure if they are still availible?

Aha! Found it here it is - Farewell Set Home Burial Kit Size 2. Hamster/Rat (http://www.gardencentre.co.uk/product.asp?id=14818&sr=gbase&ad=14818)

They are quite nice too.

I like the fact that yours is in the shape of a hamster though, that will look great in her flower pot, Mo will approve I'm sure! :-)

wofunny
07-01-2010, 01:16 AM
That's a really sweet thing to do, little mo will love it! x

Hope
07-01-2010, 01:21 AM
Sorry to post on your thread but I found this website and just thought it may be of use to people that are looking for pet grave stone/markers/ ashes urns etc - they do a lovely range.
Pet Memorials | Pet Coffins | Pet Plaques | Pet Caskets | Pets in Paradise (http://www.petsinparadise.co.uk/index.html)

Hope you dont mind Shazzy?

shazzy
07-01-2010, 01:23 AM
aww thats really nice Shazzy, nice and simple and not too in your face, if you know what I mean.

Yeh, thats what I wanted - just a little thing in rememberence. I was looking for an engraved stone/pebble but found them all too big. This should fit the bill nicely. :)

annie81
07-01-2010, 01:59 AM
thats all really nice. didnt know that stuff was out there :-)

shazzy
07-01-2010, 02:10 AM
Of course I dont mind hope - this was more for everyone in the same situation rather than just me and Little Mo :)

fluffymunchkins
07-01-2010, 09:39 AM
Oh shazzy thats lovely, i think i will make my own memorial item when the time comes.

I remember when badger died, i put my favourite giraffe ornament that i painted myself on her grave :)

Tish36
07-01-2010, 10:27 AM
That's absolutely beautiful Shazzy - I am sure Little Mo's spirit will be very touched that you are getting one to place beside her x

I may use that service in the future x

princess-rhi89
07-01-2010, 02:31 PM
I have little memorials on my hammies graves, mainly pocket dragons and artifitial flowers but this would make a lovely tribute xx

29jonesem
07-03-2010, 11:53 AM
it just shows how much you loved her x <3