PDA

View Full Version : how close together can you keep Syrian hamster cages

JennyR
04-08-2006, 06:54 AM
I need to know how close you can keep Syrian cages together as my house isn't big enough for seperate rooms. I may be rescuing an 18 month old hamster dumped at local pet shop on basis of answer so need a quick one. Preferably from someone who really knows what they are talking about.

Thanks.

SnuggleHam
04-08-2006, 07:17 AM
I'd imagine you can keep the cages side by side provided that the hamsters cant stick their noses into each others cages. So if they are in bared cages just watch out for that. People that own hamsteries often have their cages placed side by side, so I don’t see any problems in doing so.

souffle
04-08-2006, 09:04 AM
We keep ours side by side but they are tank type but I see no problems as long as they are not touching.

JennyR
04-08-2006, 10:44 AM
I was too late she had already gone to what I hope is a good home. Really don't like or trust the man in the pet shop but at least now I've thought it through I realise I have room in my life and heart to offer a home to someone in need so will be keeping my eyes peeled. Thanks for your replies.

Emma
04-08-2006, 10:46 AM
I keep mine side by side too.

Ideally with a new hamster, I would keep it in 'quarantine' away from my others for maybe 2 weeks, to make sure they show no signs of illness - meaning in a different room completely - this year I've used the communal lounge wheras all my hams are in my bedroom.