PDA

View Full Version : Armed and Dangerous...

BrainGirl
06-15-2010, 05:33 PM
Whoohoo! This isn't about something I did yet, so much as show and tell for the thing I bought to do it with! I got sick and tired of trying to remove the bars on the Zoo Zone with side cutter pliers because I didn't have any big enough and for some reason my metal hacksaw just wasn't hacking it:rolleyes: So I went surfing to find a better tool and found, on sale, one of these:

A ROTARY TOOL!

Jobmate 36-piece Rotary Tool Kit | Canadian Tire (http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/6/Tools/2/CordedPowerTools/RotaryToolKits/PRD~0544777P/Jobmate%252B36-piece%252BRotary%252BTool%252BKit.jsp?locale=en)

OK, I know it's a cheapie, but it's my first:mrgreen:

Just imagine the trouble I can get into now!

Hope
06-16-2010, 01:36 AM
Just glad I live far enough away not to be in the fall out zone! :P

Looks great though - you will have to let us know how it stands up to those tough zoozone wires!

Amethyst_ice
06-16-2010, 04:25 AM
CANADIAN WITH A WEAPON!!!!!!!!! hehe awesome...girl power for deffs ;) x

BrainGirl
06-16-2010, 05:10 AM
Lol Hope, fall out zone? Thanks:p

Hehe! Thanks Amethyst;)

I haven't even used it yet. I tried to read the instructions last night and was so tired I couldn't quite see how they related to the machine I had in my hand, except for the advice to "not abuse the power cord".

Besides, one shouldn't operate machinery when one isn't at one's best, like this morning. Later today I may get a chance though. I will definitely post about that!

For all you Canadians out there this thing is on sale this week for $10;)

princess-rhi89
06-16-2010, 05:28 AM
Good luck hun, just becareful we dont want to read the next post saying you now have no fingers lol. And make sure you have eye protection, metal sparks and goes everywhere when cutting. sorry for the nag just want to make sure you dont get hurt your hammy needs its mommy :) cant wait to see the end result with the zoozone :)

BrainGirl
06-16-2010, 06:56 AM
Thanks princess-rhi, that's good advice for anybody! Don't worry though, I spent many years operating everything from chainsaws to front-end loaders so I've got the safety thing down;)

Amethyst_ice
06-16-2010, 01:11 PM
visions of flashdance enter my mind...

BrainGirl
06-16-2010, 02:11 PM
Yeah, except that I can't dance! I dance in my heart though;)

princess-rhi89
06-16-2010, 02:25 PM
LOL thats good to know!
Safety always has to come 1st. You had any luck with the zoozone yet hun??

Hehe Nat you make me want to hunt out the leg warmers and have a jive lol

BrainGirl
06-16-2010, 02:32 PM
Nope, I had an early morning appointment with the doctor to try to sort out my attacks of vertigo. But I brought the tool with me so the friend I was visiting afterward could give it a try:)

Leg warmers are comfy. I miss the 80's!

princess-rhi89
06-16-2010, 02:49 PM
lmao. awww hope you sort you vertigo out, my parters mum had that and ended up walking sideways like a crab, its funny what your ears can do to you. xx

BrainGirl
06-16-2010, 02:53 PM
Nope, not funny at all:p

To get off the loo I have to hold the towel bar or I fall sideways into the tub and I've spent the last 3 nights sleeping in a sitting position on the couch because lying down makes it worse!

Don't worry, I know I'll see the humour in this later, just not yet...;)

BrainGirl
06-16-2010, 09:57 PM
Progress! I'm still half-asleep since I've only been getting a few hours of sleep a night but after a bracing nap I decided to forge ahead with zoo zone modifications! I went through several cutting discs before I finally called a friend with more experience. He gave me some tips so I could get more than one cut out of the disc before it exploded in my face:)Then when I thought I'd cut enough bars out I switched to the grinding stone to rub off any sharp spots. Of course, I put the lid on and the hole I've made is only just big enough. I need to cut out at least one more bar. I'm so tired now though that it can wait until tomorrow.

princess-rhi89
06-17-2010, 07:16 AM
aww bless, imagening you in the bathroom made me giggle (sorry) It wouldnt be funny if you got hurt, I wish I could come and help you. Hope all goes well and hope the vertigo goes away soon xxx

BrainGirl
06-17-2010, 07:29 AM
Thanks princess-rhi, hopefully the doctor I saw today is right and it's something called BPPV that's often easily fixed by a simple series of head motions that my GP should be able to perform on me. I see her tomorrow!

Hope
06-17-2010, 07:36 AM
Bless ya!! Well I hope that your GP can sort you out, and that its easily solved by the head motions (that sound intriguing!) Hope it goes ok for you tommorrw! :-)

BrainGirl
06-17-2010, 07:40 AM
From what I've been reading it's caused by crystals that are normally free-floating getting lodged in the inner ear canal. The patient's head has to be tilted in a certain pattern to make sure that the crystals make it out of the canal. It makes me think of one of those sealed maze games that have a little ball bearing rolling around inside if you know what I mean:)

Hope
06-17-2010, 07:45 AM
Hehe! Yeah, thats what I was thinking! You are a just a living version! :-)

BrainGirl
06-17-2010, 07:54 AM
Lol, yup! At least now I know what all that rattling in my head was about:p

fluffymunchkins
06-17-2010, 09:07 AM
Nope, I had an early morning appointment with the doctor to try to sort out my attacks of vertigo. But I brought the tool with me so the friend I was visiting afterward could give it a try:)

:shock: wasn't the doctor a bit worried with you carrying a power tool into the surgery :mad:

oh and i hope your doing ok with the vertigo! I know how it feels to have uncontrollable dizzy ness, i have postral hypotension :(

BrainGirl
06-17-2010, 10:30 AM
:shock: wasn't the doctor a bit worried with you carrying a power tool into the surgery :mad:

oh and i hope your doing ok with the vertigo! I know how it feels to have uncontrollable dizzy ness, i have postral hypotension :(

Don't worry, it was concealed;)

As for postural hypotension, that was the first thing he checked me for! I have hypotension but it apparently doesn't depend on position. My BP was up to 100/80 yesterday. Yippee! That's high for me:-D

fluffymunchkins
06-17-2010, 11:22 AM
i've never had it checked out and it tends to be worse some days than others.
Like one day it'll be every time i stand up and others it won't happen at all!
I'm getting used to being careful every time i stand up, but i've blacked out and feel flat on my bum on the tile floor (bruised it :mad:)
And nearly fallen down the stairs a couple of times :roll:

Its quite scary as i don't feel i have any control of myself when it happens ( i was trying to open the kitchen door with my head the once... or is that just my 'normal' demented brain LOL)

princess-rhi89
06-17-2010, 12:05 PM
aww bless you all.
I hope she doesn't play the crystal maze theme whiles she doing your motions lol (I dont know if you have the crystal maze over there its a gameshow where they do all sorts of tasks like the ballbaring in the maze but use a crystals, if you search it on youtube you will see what I mean)
Ill have my fingers crossed for tomorrow for you. :) xx

fluffymunchkins
06-17-2010, 12:52 PM
do they seriously still play crystal maze on tv?
jeez that is sooooo old :mad:
It is a pretty good program though :)

princess-rhi89
06-17-2010, 01:20 PM
They play it on sky/cable on the challange channel I think, it was on over my mother in laws the other day. I dont have sky only freeview so cant watch it lol :(

Hope
06-18-2010, 02:33 AM
Totally off topic, but I LOVED THE CYRSTAL MAZE!!!!! Oh MY GOD!!! How cool was that programme?? I only watched it when Richrad O'brien presented it, I didnt like the other guy. I'm so excited that they still show it on Sky!! I will be camping out on my bfs couch from now on!!

BrainGirl
06-18-2010, 07:00 AM
I had no idea what this "crystal maze" thing was you guys were talking about, I don't think it's ever shown over here, so I checked it out on youtube last night. Looks like it could be fun, I may watch a little more of it:)