PDA

View Full Version : bin cages

peanut25
03-18-2006, 08:03 PM
Is there anyone that sells these? I would love to get one for my hammy Butterball. I want to give her more room. If anyone knows of someone who sells these could you please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

SnuggleHam
03-19-2006, 08:01 AM
As far as I know.. there is no business who manufactures bin cages, they are projects made in the home. A woman known as Joan Walker also known as afishcalledwanda on this forum was making them.

She wrote an article on bin making and its listed on HC.. here is the link

http://www.hamstercentral.com/articles/binarticle.php

I’m not sure if she is still doing this, but a while ago she was offering to make them for people. You had to send her the bin via the mail.. and then she would put it together and send it back.. her email is listed in the article.. but ill provide it here.. (not sure if its still in use)

[email protected]

peanut25
03-19-2006, 12:51 PM
Thank you Candace. The only reason why I am not able to make one is because I don't have a dremel. Maybe I should just invest in a dremel and be done with it. Yeah her e-mail address isn't working so I will have to see what I can do.

It just seems that the only place that has large cages for them are over seas. the ones available in the US are so small. I don't understand it. I will just have to make one then.

nooboo
03-21-2006, 11:36 AM
personally i think some times people put too much work into a bin cage. you can create a perfecti\ly good cage by buying a large storage tub, covering teh bottom in bedding, placing a stand up wheel like a comfort wheel or silent spinner in, putting in an igloo or something as a 'house' fill that with torn up toilet paper, put in a food bowl and a sand dis, then you can either use zelcro to attach a water bottle on the side or selotape the wire that comes with bottles to the bottle with most of it then pointing up from the end, and use that to hook around the top edge of the tub.

if the tub has not go high enough sides for your hamster place wire mesh over the top as a lid. that simple. i have no drill, or such like here, we use wire lids now for ventolation, we had considered using a smaller tuband securing it to the inside of a larger one as an extra shelf but really the hammies are very happy how things are!