PDA

View Full Version : RIP my past little ones...

Bebe
06-01-2010, 01:58 PM
These are my lost babies who are now in Hammy heaven...

Baz was my first, a long-haired Syrian my dad used to say looked like he had a little skirt around him. i was just a kid when i got him but i loved him, truly, and tamed him even though he bit me and drew blood once. he got cancer in his second year and had to be put down. my dad brought him home form the vets wrapped up in a scarf like he was sleeping and i cried all day and buried him in the garden under a wooden cross.

Yoshi came next, a tiny Russian dwarf who bit me so often that i preferred to give him loads of tunnels and rotastak houses rather than handle him myself (i was still a kid and couldn't tame him). i regret not taming him now tho...

Chandler was next, and he was such a good boy, a brown and white Syrian who was tam from the moment i got him. i spoiled him rotten and cried when i was forced to give him away because we were moving house and i couldn't take him with me.

And then there was Toby. After nine years without a hamster, i bought Toby, a grey and white Syrian male and i adored him so much. he was so gentle and cute and always up for a play or even a photograph. but i had only had him for four short months when he died of complications after he ate part of his plastic hamster house and damaged his insides. i bought that house for him, from a very respected pet shop, but i still feel guilty every time i think about how he died. I want to tell him i'm sorry... i was 22 when he passed away and i cried for hours.

RIP all my babies. i miss you
x

wofunny
06-01-2010, 02:34 PM
RIP little ones :( xx

SammytheSyrian
06-01-2010, 03:15 PM
Sammy is only my 2nd hamster..hammy died this year I also cried 3:

helenp
06-01-2010, 03:17 PM
RIP little babies. It sounds like you have lived with some adorable hamsters over the years.

fluffymunchkins
06-01-2010, 03:54 PM
You have had such wonderful memories and hammies in the past :) don't dwell on the bad times but be thankful you've learnt from mistakes and still gave them a beautiful life. You can tell Toby you are sorry, he is still watching over you now in spirit!

All my blessings xxx

Tijulliala Sunsoul
06-01-2010, 06:14 PM
This depresses me. :( I don't want to loose my Syrian, that's why I spend more money that I should on treats and toys. :)

Tijulliala Sunsoul
06-01-2010, 06:15 PM
I have decided to try and find a local rescue centre for hamsters. I want to help a hamster in need.

Bebe
06-02-2010, 02:39 AM
You have had such wonderful memories and hammies in the past :) don't dwell on the bad times but be thankful you've learnt from mistakes and still gave them a beautiful life. You can tell Toby you are sorry, he is still watching over you now in spirit!

All my blessings xxx

thank you for the kind words, it makes me feel better about little toby
x

annie81
06-02-2010, 03:05 AM
thats a nice tribute. rip little hammies. dont beat yourself up about the plastic house. it was NOT your fault xx

Jesse
06-02-2010, 03:15 AM
That really brought a lump to my throat reading that! RIP little ones x

Tish36
06-02-2010, 03:21 AM
RIP little lovelies x

Humphrey Furball
06-02-2010, 11:09 AM
It's nice for them to be remembered here; I'm sure we all make some mistakes when looking after our furries, but it doesn't mean they didn't have happy lives, and they were loved, so try to forgive yourself, and think of how much you have done for them all.

HamstersAreHardcore
06-02-2010, 01:44 PM
thats very sad i hope you are feeling better they are all very tragic losses