PDA

View Full Version : need help sexing ww's

Harris_Hammies
05-30-2010, 04:21 AM
my partner never gave me a chance to have a look around for any campbells, or winter whites, see he was looking to get himself some dwarfs so i said i would ask aound but he came home with 2 last night :( they are very cute but i wanted to see if i could get breeder bred ones, as i havent had dwarfs since i was a teenager and he used to try to kill me lol, so i wanted to make sure we had tame ones, as for some reason the dwarfs scare the hell out of me lol i know im silly.

Any who, we now have these 2 new additions, which i will add pics of soon, we have a pearl winter white and a sapphire winter white, we managed to get pics of their privates today, as it seems luckily they are very tame which is great. My partner was told they where 2 boys, but i am guessing that the pearl is a girl and am unsure on the sapphire, first pic is the pearl's bits :mad: second pic are of the sapphire. sorry to introduce you to thier butt's first i promise i will introduce you to their faces soon :D

fluffymunchkins
05-30-2010, 04:44 AM
they both look female to me!
Stupid pet shop :(
I hope to see their adorable faces very soon :D

oh and if they are froma pet shop they are most likely hybrids not pure winter white. Depending on where the [et shop get there stock from. But if they can't even get the sex right, i'm pretty sure they won't be smart enough to pure breed.

I was told Treo was a winter white aswell although i know hes a hybrid.

Katty_Sheldon
05-30-2010, 06:08 AM
They look like girls to me:D

Iluvhamsters
05-30-2010, 10:50 AM
They look like girls to me too :)

SnickersTheFirst
05-30-2010, 12:59 PM
I'd 3rd that, I think they are girls :)

Tish36
05-30-2010, 04:23 PM
Definately girls!

Harris_Hammies
05-30-2010, 04:53 PM
Thanx everyone thats what i thought, the pet shop that he got them from, doesnt buy from breeding farms he buys from local people that breed and take them into him, we have 2 pet shops on our high street one buys from breeders and one buys from farms. which i spose this guy is slightly better for buying from local people. but i am a little worried now as he said to my partner they were boys, and they where the only 2 in the shop so i am hoping they where the only 2 period as if they wernt, i dont know if they where in with boys if he thought they where boys :confused: i spose we will find out soon enough

on another note though, i am glad they are here as i had bad experiences with dwarfs when younger and have always been weary of them, but these 2 are sweethearts, i heard my partner thinking aloud about names though and these poor girls are in for it lol i heard him say "TEXAS", "CHAINSAW" and "MASSACRE" as we are getting another ww from a friend of mine as it is unwanted by its owner, she will of course be kept separate though. But OMG these poor girls i hope he doesn't pick those names lol i could understand if they were mean but they are lovely lol and he didn't even like the film lol men ay.

any way here they are we have a sapphire and a pearl.

eye of the divine
05-30-2010, 06:48 PM
awww they are both cute little ladies

fluffymunchkins
05-31-2010, 10:21 AM
awww i really see the difference between campbells and winter whites in these two! If they are hybrids they certainly are very winterwhitey hybrids :)

Hope about sooty and sweep?

Jesse
05-31-2010, 10:41 AM
They are absolutely beautiful. Glad we got to see their faces too :mad:

Harris_Hammies
05-31-2010, 03:42 PM
Thanx i dont know if they are full or hybrids as the guy buys them from local breeders so i have no idea, if he had said he gets them from a breeding farm then i would know they where hybrids. They are very winter white looking. Partner has come to his senses and not pick texas chainsaw or massacre lol and has gone for Teeny, Tiny and Titch, slightly better i spose lol

annie81
06-01-2010, 02:30 AM
they are absolutely stunning...and both girls ;-) everytime i bought boys from the pet shop they turned out to be girls :-D

internet_nobody
06-01-2010, 03:16 AM
Aw, cute, I hope he doesn't pick those names as they deserve something much sweeter :). They definitely look like girls to me - hopefully they weren't left with their brothers for too long!

Type-wise, they don't look pure, their head shapes are a bit off, but that's only important if you're looking to show or breed.

Harris_Hammies
06-01-2010, 09:22 AM
yeah true, it's not really important to my partner, he just thinks their cute, lol. he has settled on the names teeny, tiny and titch, slightly better i spose lol.

wofunny
06-01-2010, 09:51 AM
Awhh very cute :D

annie81
06-02-2010, 03:38 AM
great names...haha :-D

Harris_Hammies
06-03-2010, 05:51 AM
we have noticed over the last few days, the girls dont fight but, the sapphire stands on the pearls belly and the pearl slightly over reacts about being stood on and squeaks lol its like a squeaky toy lol the sapphire, never bites the pearl though, just puts its front feet on the pearls belly. is this anything to worry about?

internet_nobody
06-03-2010, 06:08 AM
That is pretty normal, they are quite vocal animals. The sapph pinning the pearl down is a typical dominance thing, you only need to worry if there is any biting.

fluffymunchkins
06-03-2010, 06:43 AM
yh when i had my robo pair they'd do it quite often. With lots of squeaking :)