PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a broken exercise ball?

Emma
03-16-2006, 01:14 AM
I was just wondering, if anyone had a spare 'lid' from a standard (syrian) sized exercise ball? I have a ball with a lost lid, and was wondering if anyone had a cracked ball they can't use any more, if I could have the lid from it? I'll pay any postage costs :)

I don't use the balls very much, although Hazel is a whizz at it, I only use them for 10-15min at a time, maybe twice a week, just when I want to give the ham some exercise out of the cage but can't watch them closely enough for free play. Free play is much better I think, but the balls are ok in small doses, if the individual hamster doesn't object.

flogging_molly
03-17-2006, 04:35 PM
Hey Emma, I actually have a spare lid - if you can believe who freaky that is. I lost it for ages so replaced the ball as it was really old then found the lid - doesn't it always happen that way. you can certainly have that one.

Emma
03-18-2006, 08:42 AM
Ooh thanks very much Debbie, I'll PM you my address. If you let me know yours too I'll send you a little thankyou :)

flogging_molly
03-18-2006, 01:53 PM
no probs i'll get that posted off on monday first class.

flogging_molly
03-28-2006, 01:08 PM
Hi emma, have you recieved the lid yet?

Emma
03-29-2006, 01:15 PM
Ah, goodness! yes, it arrived as i was going out of the door on friday to go away for the weekend! :? I'm so disorganised I forgot to say thankyou I am so sorry :( sadly the lid didn't fit my old ball - i'll just have to splash out on a new one for Tobs.

Thankyou is on the way to you :)

flogging_molly
03-29-2006, 02:12 PM
Thanks Emma, sorry it was no use - no harm in trying though eh?

Emma
03-29-2006, 03:40 PM
Yeah, was worth a shot. Thankyou :)

talesoftheriverbank
03-31-2006, 10:07 AM
My ball is broken. The lid is dark pink and pushes in and then turns and locks. If you email me I can send you a photo of the type it fits?

Debs

Emma
04-01-2006, 12:26 AM
Hi Debs (talesoftheriverbank - wow Debbie seems to be a popular names for hamster owners!)

Its ok thankyou, I went out and bought Toby his own ball yesterday! He tried it out last night and was quite good at it! Was far to interested in Hazel's cage though, will definitely have to keep an eye on him :wink:

I'm going to use the old ball without a lid in my rats' cage, try and cable tie it to the wall as a little cubby hole for them, see what they make of it.