PDA

View Full Version : Cidie

souffle
05-19-2010, 01:08 PM
Our dear wee cat Cidie has gone to the rainbow bridge.
The tiniest of cats with the biggest of purrs she has shared our lives for nearly 20 years and what a pleasure it has been to have her with us.
I can still remember clearly going to the Glasgow Cat and Dog Home for a kitten and standing in a queue. By the time we reached the front there was only one kitten left and it was her. It was meant to be. She fitted in a tissue box and spent her first days basking in the tissue box under the bedside lamp as she like the warmth.
She liked to be warm all her life and used to seek out sunny patches, the back of Pophammy's computer, the Aga, the top of the boiler and sometimes I wondered how she didn't cook she got so warm.
Cidie was a charmer, small in size but big in personality and she was certainly first in the queue when the purrs were issued.
She was a gentle cat who never hunted and never even looked at the hamsters. She liked the dogs and her lifelong buddy Kennedy who she shared a love hate relationship with, one day cuddled up together the next spagging each other.
She has been fighting renal disease for the past year and has been a brave and dignified lady through it all but last week she asked to go and I was proud to hold her paw and step a little way on the path with her. She purred till her last breath.
Play well at the bridge sweet girl and keep warm with your friends who went before. We miss your mew and your one black toe and your tortie softness and most of all we miss your purr and your very special presence. You were one in a million.
love Souffle, BigD and Pophammy and all your animal friends xxxxxxxx
Cidie as a kitten
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/Pophammy/babycidie.jpg
and as an adult
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/Pophammy/cidie.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/Pophammy/cidie2.jpg

annie81
05-19-2010, 01:20 PM
awww....sleep tight cidie. i love the colouring of her fur. never seen that before. it sounds that she was very special anyway. i am pretty sure she had a long and nice life in your family xx

Jesse
05-19-2010, 01:46 PM
So sorry for your loss. She looks like she was a unique, special and much loved kitty. Sleep tight Cidie and play well at the bridge xxx

ameyjaney
05-19-2010, 01:49 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Its always the tiniest animals that have the biggest personalities. Sleep tight and play well little one.

Tish36
05-19-2010, 01:59 PM
Rest in Peace Cidie :(
Purr well at the bridge x

wofunny
05-19-2010, 02:15 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss, she must of had a great life :) she's is the cutest xx

Treacle_08
05-19-2010, 03:22 PM
That brought tears to my eyes........sleep well little kitty <3

DeweyTheHammy
05-19-2010, 05:49 PM
I am so sorry ):
I know she had a great life with you!

suga
05-19-2010, 11:08 PM
Sleep well little one - you sure held a huge part of your family's heart. x

fluffymunchkins
05-19-2010, 11:57 PM
How beautiful! I know she had a wonderful life with you, all my blessings xxx

Hope
05-20-2010, 04:12 AM
That is such a beautiful tribute - fitting for such a beautiful girl.

Sleep Well Cidie x x x

pebbles
05-21-2010, 10:51 AM
Sleep well Cidie R.I.P xxxxxx

Humphrey Furball
05-21-2010, 11:55 AM
So sorry to all of you for your loss; she was a special member of your family, I'm sure you will keep her memory close to your hearts. x

cornishrobos
05-30-2010, 08:43 AM
So sad but at least she had a long, loving and happy life with you and your family.

RIP Cidie x