PDA

View Full Version : So many useless wheels - what to do?

Cheeky
04-29-2010, 05:55 AM
I now have amassed SEVEN of those tiny dwarf wheels that come standard with cages. I have no idea what to do with them and I was trying to come up with a DIY project that could use them. any ideas?

nooboo
04-29-2010, 06:22 AM
are they any good for those with robos? or another type of dwarf? how big are they? maybe find someone who will want them for something they are good for!

some bad wheels you can just cut out a bit on the rim for a door and tun into a hut for a nesting area

Cheeky
04-29-2010, 07:34 AM
I believe they are 6" wheels so they would work for dwarfs. I hadn't really thought to offer them on the board since if someone were to pay postage and packing, it would be more than the wheel is actually worth. I have seen them on Ebay for £2 each.. they are really cheap!

However if someone has tons of dwarfs and needs all 7, I could just put them all in a box and they could pay postage, which might be worth it to them. Any takers?? :)

Amethyst_ice
04-29-2010, 07:36 AM
my syrians use the 6" fine but they are on the smaller size. offer on freecycle putting dwarf hamster wheel?

ps.i too have lots of spare lol

fluffymunchkins
04-29-2010, 10:14 AM
maybe a rescue would be grateful to have a donation?
I am slowly building up a collection of those types of wheel too :) I threw some in with my rotastak sale on ebay just to get the numbers down.

allie_freedie
04-29-2010, 01:03 PM
[QUOTE=fluffymunchkins;83908]maybe a rescue would be grateful to have a donation?
QUOTE]
Thats a really nice idea! You never know how much these places need stuff like that, I might see if any centre wants some of my old bits which I hang on to 'just in case'! :p

MickyB
05-01-2010, 06:21 AM
Would it be possible for you to put a photo of the wheels up on here because I would be interested in buying the lot off you.