PDA

View Full Version : Pebbles (syrian) has a new cage (question)

Muddles
01-27-2006, 07:33 AM
Hello peoples

I had to get Pebbles a new cage yesterday. I have had to resort to a tank as she will not stop bar chewing no matter what I do and has now broken her tooth. To stop her and to ensure her tooth sorts itself out (vet said it is not bad enough to be trimmed but keep an eye on it).

She also loves to climb so to ensure she does not get bored I got her a Fob Bernie Prestige tank. It has a raised platform, 2 ramps with a house in the middle and a tube which goes round the outside at the top of the tank. It also has a wheel.

Anyway, She seems to be settleing into it and she loves the tubes but I don't think shes too chuffed at the minute as her old cage is a 2 tier. I have noticed that you have to be really really careful that it is closed properly too. Ie make sure the clips are fastened over the lid and the base edges and that the lid is fastened down properly otherwise she could very very easily just escape by climing out. Not too chuffed at that but when it is closed properly it is very very secure (I hope)

The question I have is this. The wheel is typically too small for her. I tried to transfer her usual wheel into the cage but on the stand attached to the platform it won't spin as it catches and the connection is too big for the free standing stand that comes with the cage.

Does anyone know of a freestanding wheel that I can get thats big enough for a syrian (she isn't a particularly big syrian but still)?and that will fit in the tank.

Also does anyone have any idea where to two ladders attach that come with that tank as I cannot see where they would go.

Thanks for your help.

Lisa x

babyboos
01-27-2006, 10:47 AM
I use Roly Savic Jumbo Wheels - they are marketed for rats normally but are solid and 8 inches diamater, and available with or without a stand.

Muddles
02-03-2006, 02:34 PM
Hello

Sorry I haven't replied, just finished my first week in a new job and it has been really tiring getting back into work.

I got Pebbles a Silent Spinner which fits well into the tank and she loves it.

Lisa x

babyboos
03-03-2006, 01:33 PM
They are nice wheels, I am sure she will have many happy hourse racking up the hours on it