PDA

View Full Version : Hamster of the Month - May VOTING NOW POSTED

souffle
04-03-2010, 02:06 AM
It's a new month so we have to choose the 'Hamster of the Month' for next month. The winning hamster will appear on the front page of the forum so when someone comes on to the forum they will see the picture. :)

So it could be YOUR hamster who becomes famous. :-D

1. This competition is for the May Hamster of the month.

2. You may enter 1 picture and this should be accompanied by a few lines telling us a little about you hamster and why it should be chosen.

3. The picture should be clear and as charming as possible

4. The picture must be of a hamster of any species and it must belong to you or your family. It may be with you now or have passed to the bridge.

5. Closing date for entries is Sunday 25th April.

6. The voting will be posted and the new pic will be displayed in May.

7. Please try and post a new photograph that you have not entered in a previous competition.

8. It may be themed if you wish and May has mmm not a lot! May Day and Spring.

Please do not post any comments on this thread and only post entries. PM me with any queries. If you cannot post pics then e mail me the pic and I will post it on your behalf.

Good luck everyone and can't wait to see your pics :)

fluffymunchkins
04-03-2010, 12:42 PM
So i finally managed to get a decent photo and a nice little spring shoot of peggy so here it is:
http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx57/Piggylicious2009/Peggy/DSCF0317.jpg

Peggy is my 2 years and about 3 month old white faced robo. She was bought along with her sister, Dot from a pet shop as an impulse buy as after passing the cage i just couldn't leave them.
Unfortunately i lost Dot a few months ago and pegs has been spoilt rotten ever since.
She was my first hamster of my own and truly started my love and addiction for hamsters, and to never turn back :D
Even though shes getting older shes still lively and playful and loves to come out for a cuddle. She loves her ball and her fave food is probably millet hence why i chose this to try and keep her still!

Teddy
04-03-2010, 02:57 PM
As suggested, Teddy would like to try out for Hammy of the month.

http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/ae57/M00dycat/teds.gif

Ted is new to the forum, but he is looking for his 5 minutes of fame. He wants to make it big in hammy town and is currently working double shifts in his hamster wheel to pay for very expensive photo shoots, like this one.

No-one knows how old Ted is, but he's a bubbly little ham that likes nothing more than a sprint round the bedroom.

His owners have only had him for a day so there is much mystery surrounding this mighty ball of fluff, but one thing is certain ... the guy has got face ... and he is not afraid to use it.

WinterbellHams
04-03-2010, 03:48 PM
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae277/WinterbellHams/The%20Chinese/100_7314-1.jpg
Thing 1 & Thing 2

I keep and breed syrians, but these little boys were given to me recently. They are so sweet. I have never owned Chinese before, so it is a new experience. They are so shy and docile, but are a joy to watch, and on occasion, cuddle too. :)

suga
04-10-2010, 11:31 PM
This is Lilbear our hamster now in spirit. She really disliked having toilet roll pushed through the bars, she would pull it all down in disgust and carry it in her mouth to her nest as if she was a dog. She was a funny little thing and constantly wanted attention. :-)
Although she passed on in December last year - we can still hear her scuffling around in the bottom of the cage and squeaking for attention. Gone but not forgotten

louise_81
04-11-2010, 04:40 AM
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk182/Louise_81/girlyhammies008-1.jpg
This is my pretty little girl Flora-Sunflower, so good I named her twice. She is so lovely and sits on her bridge waiting to be carried out of her cage for play time

tireesix
04-11-2010, 09:38 AM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h57/tireesix/IMG_0141.jpg

This is Houdini and I thought I would enter her because I reckon she is pretty cute and also it was a wicked day for taking a photograph of her in the garden and she behaved really well!

Fidgetthefirst
04-11-2010, 10:50 AM
Beautiful Photo ^

Fidgetthefirst
04-12-2010, 01:38 AM
http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq18/HorsiieGirl/SDC12589.jpg

This is my gorgeous Syrian hamster, Milo. He was bought from a pet shop, where he was basically, dumped in a tank, with a bit of food, dirty water, and nothing else. I saw him the day before i got him, and he got out of his bed and came up to say Hi! And then the day after - i got him :)
He loves driving my old animal hospital car - which is where he is posing for the photo. ;)

Treacle_08
04-12-2010, 10:38 AM
This is Treacle. She sadly was PTS today because of skin cancer. She was loving and social and loved the month of May cause of the start of the sunshine. She enjoyed being out in the sun and never really wanted to come back inside. She was photographed on the towel as her dark colour was hard to pick up in the dim evening light.

Tish36
04-14-2010, 01:38 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/jpiovq.jpg

This is my beautiful Shadow :)
We are still not 100% of Shadow's gender, but we're going towards a girl at the moment!
She's that fluffy it's hard to tell!
She is an absolutely gorgeous hamster, with a long skirt and a fabulous personality.
She loves her Wodent Wheel and eating massive Bonio Biscuits!

taylr1996
04-15-2010, 03:19 PM
thought i would put dopey up in this pic he was a bit dazed looking at me just after i took it like ....huh? whats going on mate ? where we going?

he is a yr and a half cimminon banded teddy touch wood he has never bite and let me pick him up in the store when the lady went to get the box and shut the door he came up and put both paws on the window and looked at me like ....dont leave me take me home :( so i went and sat by the window so he came home with me

wofunny
04-16-2010, 10:14 AM
this is smudge my amazing hamster he is first one and i omly got him a few days ago! Me and Him would love to win :)

Humphrey Furball
04-16-2010, 11:01 AM
This is Humphrey enjoying a brief snack-break in his play area -note the May/spring-themed yellow mat he is sitting on-tenuous link I know;)

Sammybingo
04-19-2010, 02:54 PM
Ok, I have too many pictures to choose from - Chewbacca is a right old poser. But here is a snatched moment of him nomming away at a Rodent Marble, which, in honesty, he normally won't touch. Chewbacca has lived with me for about 3 or 4 months. He's a right grumpy scamp. He was very busy and nosey when he first arrived, but now, he just likes his bed too much, like his human mummy! He enjoys having a climb, posing for pictures, meeting new people, being brushed and brocolli. He doesn't like being woken up, or porridge, or being woken up for porridge! He is a good soft hearted boy though, and he never really bites (sometimes a taste.. hah!).

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2715/4535598477_f0e49224b7_b.jpg

He would love to win, as he is phenomenally vain. If he wins, he will nibble himself a crown and will celebrate by playing on the lawn. x

Amethyst_ice
04-22-2010, 07:04 AM
This is Pumpkin aka...Mr.Pumpers! He is such a greedy lil thing and has gone from being a buffed up wheel boy to a lazy daisy! I noticed he had stopped rolling around in his ball and when i opened it up saw why!! Heaven knows where he got this carrot from, probably pouched it just before the torment of excercise!!!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs469.ash1/25753_679041645175_223407998_11972459_2598575_n.jp g

chubchub
04-25-2010, 01:35 AM
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj273/chubbbyy/SAMMY/sammy01.jpg
Hi, my name is Sammy and I'm a long-haired cream banded Syrian.
I may look chubby, but I like to think I'm sexy ;)
I love running on my wheel as much as I love food.
I can not stand being dirty so every time I wake up
I clean myself for at least half an hour :D
I like poking my nose everywhere and getting to know the hidden corners
of chubchub's room. I like going up her bed, to see how she is doing
as well as to see pooh bear and patrick the star.
I make the most of my short life as a hamster and live
each day with happiness :)

Please enter this pic next month as it is one entry per person
Thanks souffle
Hi, my name is Teddy and I'm a short-haired golden Syrian.
I was a thin abandoned hamster but now I'm happy and healthy :D
I am VERY nosey, energetic, and friendly :D
I'm an attention seeker and I can not stand being ignored.
I'm also a speedy litte devil, and I like playing hide and seek
with chubchub. My favorite activities are climbing the bars and roof
of my cage and stuffing a lot of food in my cheek pouches. :D

souffle
04-26-2010, 04:08 AM
The Poll has now been posted so please vote for your favourite hamster.
Please do not vote for your own entry.
The poll closes on Friday and the new hamster will be posted on 1st May.
Good luck everyone :)

souffle
05-04-2010, 03:10 AM
Congratulations to tireesix and the beautiful Houdini who is May's Hamster of the Month.
Thanks for all your entries - it was a hard choice :)

wofunny
05-04-2010, 03:31 AM
Well done!!! :D I have a great idea for June :)

Sammybingo
05-04-2010, 03:41 AM
Go Houdini! Picture looks brill on the front page :) x

Hope
05-04-2010, 04:05 AM
Well Done Tireesix! Houdini look beautiful and makes me smile whenever I log in! :-)

helenp
05-04-2010, 04:39 AM
Is such a lovely pic, very spring like.

chubchub
05-04-2010, 07:51 AM
I forgot it's May already.
Congratulations Houdini! You're such a beautiful hammie ^_^

ameyjaney
05-04-2010, 08:05 AM
Congratulations Houdini :)

Jesse
05-04-2010, 08:19 AM
Awww that's a stunning photo! Congratulations! :-D

fluffymunchkins
05-04-2010, 09:04 AM
congrats!
It is a beautiful pic :)

allie_freedie
05-04-2010, 01:08 PM
Well done Houdini! Thats such a beautiful pic, and makes me feel like Summer!

Tish36
05-04-2010, 02:26 PM
Congrats Houdini :)

suga
05-05-2010, 04:39 AM
Great flick of Houdini - :-)

Iluvhamsters
05-05-2010, 06:08 AM
Congrats Houdini :)

tireesix
05-09-2010, 01:39 AM
Thank you!!!!!!!! It was a sudden idea that came to me and kinda worked out!!!!!

The daughter is now wanting to have a go for June!