PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted you to know he's gone...

Skwee
12-16-2005, 11:53 AM
:cry: Bye Bye Skwee m'boy :cry:

I have just burried him next to Sonny with everything from his cage. food, bedding toys and treats. the lot.

After he was dead i was checking him over (he didnt want to be handled as he was in pain before) and i found a lump. Turns out he had a smallish but very nasty tumor right insside either his stomach or his intestines.

:cry:

no wonder i couldnt make him better :cry:

But its just plain wrong as he was only 4 months old :cry:

souffle
12-16-2005, 12:11 PM
I am so sorry about your loss. He had a short but happy, wonderful life with you. You did the right thing releasing him from his pain. Play happily at the Rainbow Bridge, little Skwee. :cry:

i-love-paddy
12-16-2005, 01:12 PM
Oh Gemma. Niamh told me you were chatting on MSN and that Skwee had died. What happened-she wasnt making sense.

Im so sorry that Skwee has died. Sometimes its just so unfair. Its harder when they havent been with you for as long as you want.

Play safely at the bridge Skwee, darling little hammie.

All my love to you Gemma x

pophammy
12-16-2005, 02:10 PM
Oh, I am so sorry to hear about Skwee. It is hard for you now but as Souffle said you have done the right thing. Thinking of you.

Skwee
12-16-2005, 02:24 PM
well... he had that nasty illness about 5 weeks ago now... went from 148g down to 86g and had serious diarrhoea. I got him all better with lots of tlc and weight up to a whopping 164g.

Unfortunately over the 5 weeks he had diarrhoea constantly and i tried everything i possibly could to stop it. He started losing weight rapidly and in just under a week he went from 168g down to 70 something grams... thats less than a good sized dwarf i think :cry:

It got to the point where i was too scared to hold him incase i broke him :( he was all scraggle and bones and i was having to bathe his back end at least every day (he didnt object and i got interesting photos)

After he was dead (i refused to let the vet poke him about while he was alive, i only let her examine him while he was sitting in my hands because they are so rough and i *knew* it was his time to go... i told my poor vet that she had to put him down and she didnt really want to (this is my 4th hamster she has put down.... 3rd one this year!!) not to mention 2 cats and 2 rabbits as well :roll: but shes so kind and sympathetic lol. we always insist on having her.

So yeh.. he died pretty much instantly and he did scream and bite her when she turned him on his back (he has never bitten anyone or screamed) so i took him back and comforted him and he was fine, i almost think he was dying almost dead when i handed him back because he went quite limp :cry:

I felt there was a lump deep inside him that didnt feel right and the vet said she was pretty sure it was a tumor what with where it was and problems its caused...

But yeh.. i knew he was going to be pts so i cried myself out yesterday and didnt cry at all today. Not even waiting in the que to pay. I was very hot and shakey though :roll:

i-love-paddy
12-16-2005, 02:30 PM
How awful Gemma but you have done the right thing. Skwee has been poorly for some time and you have done all u could for him. No one can doubt you are 100percent devoted to your animals.

Thinking of u

Emma
12-17-2005, 04:21 AM
Poor Skwee :( I'm sorry you lost him, but you made the best decision for him to let him go and be at peace. I lost Phoebe yesterday too, maybe the two of them have met up already and are causing mischief at the bridge ;)

MBll
12-17-2005, 05:39 AM
Vey sorry to hear about skwee, I know how your feeling. :(

babyboos
12-17-2005, 07:42 AM
Oh I am so sorry Emma and Gemma, what horrible news I have just got in and read about the sad passing of two well known hamster members phoebe and Skwee. We will miss hearing about your adventures and hope you are happy and whole again over the bridge. Please remember to leave a little tribute when you feel up to it on the Memorial Pages (http://www.hamstercentral.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=185&start=15&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=)

flogging_molly
12-17-2005, 04:34 PM
I am so sorry to hear this Gemma, it's really sad news, poor little skwee, he'll be dearly missed.