PDA

View Full Version : Zylvan - rest in peace sweet boy

cypher
02-24-2019, 08:16 AM
Zylvan (http://www.hamstercentral.com/community/chinese-hamster/68295-zylvan-another-new-man-my-life.html)
14.09.16-24.02.19

My sweet boy has passed to the rainbow bridge.
As some of you know he was being treated for an abscess & had been on antibiotics since Tuesday, he seemed to be doing well, the swelling was going down & his appetite had improved although mostly for baby food & porridge & remained his usual happy self throughout but he suddenly took a turn for the worse yesterday evening & sadly passed away this afternoon.
He took his last breaths peacefully lying in my hands as I comforted him as best I could.
He has been a wonderful friend, such a sweet gentle boy, everything about him was gentle & somehow delicate, I often used to think of him as being very polite too!
He was a shy boy to begin with but once he gained confidence & trust was a real joy, I will miss him running to greet me whenever I went to his cage, his sweet face looking up at me & all our special times together.
My heart is really breaking now as the reality hits home, I know he was a good age but can’t help but feel he had so much more life to live & so much more to give.
It’s been a true privilege to have shared his life & I’m just lost for words trying to express how special he was to me but I think he knew & that’s what matters most.
I sowed some seeds today so that some new life will come from a sad day & when I see the bees enjoying the flowers in summer Zylvan's spirit will live on through the happiness that will bring.

Run free & play well at the bridge sweet Zyl, I will miss you so much but you will forever be loved & cherished in my heart.

Baby boy :)

Favourite treats!

Whisker kisses, I'll miss the ones we shared.

pinkpixie
02-24-2019, 09:00 AM
I'm so very sorry cypher for the loss of your special heartham Zylvan.
He shared a wonderful and happy life with you and knew he was dearly loved.
I hope the many precious memories you have of him bring you great comfort, as they will always be with you safe in your heart. Xxx

mikatelyn
02-24-2019, 09:19 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that, Cypher. It is clear that he was quite cherished, and that he had a wonderful life with you. Thank you for sharing your lovely memories of him with us.

Pebbles82
02-24-2019, 09:32 AM
So sorry Cypher. Such a sweet, brave boy. You will miss him so much. Play well Zylvan xxx

Coco61
02-24-2019, 10:13 AM
Oh no,cypher. I am so very sorry indeed. It sounded as though your precious Zylvan was going to overcome his abscess. Your gentle ham is at peace now and with many to keep him company across the rainbow bridge. His life with you was simply the best he could have had. Seeds to grow to flowers and one of your markers for him will make you smile in time.
Play well precious Zylvan and send a rainbow to comfort your heartbroken Mum.
Hug for you cypher.

mangoandmimi
02-24-2019, 11:32 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this, he fought well but must've been a little much for him. Lovely that you were able to comfort him as he passed on. He certainly was a perfect gentleman, I love the bear kisses pic he looks so delicate and gentle. Glad he was able to have a wonderful life with you with lots of treats & muffins. Sweetest dreams Zylvan have fun at the bridge.

Fluffagrams
02-24-2019, 03:19 PM
I was so very sorry to hear of your loss today.

It doesn't make it any easier to come to terms with their loss when they've lived a good life and I know from experience that it's hard to imagine life without them. It will get easier and when the pain is less raw, you'll be able to look back on the good times and smile.

Sleep well Zylvan

alpacassei
02-24-2019, 05:26 PM
I’m so sorry fir your loss, Cypher. Zylvan was such such a special hanmie x

Play well at the bridge, little Zylvan.

Chicleteer
02-24-2019, 08:27 PM
I’m so sorry to hear of the loss of your sweet little Zylvan. May he run free and play well at the rainbow bridge....

cypher
02-24-2019, 09:59 PM
Thank you so much for all the kind words & support everyone, it means a lot.

I have one little wooden box left so I will be using that to bury Zyl today, I'll make him a nice nest with some flowers & treats then we'll say our final goodbyes & he'll join his brothers & sisters in the memorial garden.

souffle
02-25-2019, 12:31 AM
I am so very sorry for the loss of your sweet boy. We will all miss his stories on the forum and seeing his beautiful pictures. He will rest easy now in your heart and will run free and healed at the Rainbow bridge.
Rest well Zylvan x

Rads
02-25-2019, 03:32 AM
Cypher,
Sorry to hear about Zyl. he was such a fun loving little thing and your stories and photos of him where always good to se and read.
Rest forever now little Zyl. you are pain free and still loved so keep an eye on your mum from time to time while you are playing about with all the others that have passed by that rainbow bridge.
RIP little Zyl

SandyT
02-25-2019, 04:55 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss, Cypher. Sowing seeds is such a beautiful thing to do.
Play well at the bridge, little one. X

cypher
02-25-2019, 05:04 AM
Thank you souffle, Rads & Sandy.

I've buried him now, it was so hard, he looked so peaceful & perfect in his little nest & his fur was so soft & silky I really didn't want to let him go, I made him a little needle felt heart to rest his head on while I put it off for a while & that made me feel a little better about it, added in his favourite treats & found him a spot close to Zeki, at least it's a lovely sunny day & bumble bees were flying around us so it was a good way to say my last goodbye.
I've ordered his memorial stone now too & I know I'll feel better when I can put that in place.

Pebbles82
02-25-2019, 06:57 AM
That is really beautiful Cypher. Sometimes it is harder when it's a nice sunny day - sort of bittersweet. But also nice to have a sunny day for his goodbye. The little felt heart sounds so special. It will help when his memorial stone comes. He is in a beautiful resting place with your other special hams xxx

BorisPasha
02-25-2019, 08:57 AM
It brought a tear to my eye to read your beautiful memorial to Zylvan. He was a very special little man, always so gentle. He'll be well and truly missed, he fought bravely and with dignity but he'll be pain free now, restored to full health and I'm sure tucking in to all his most favourite treats. His little felt heart to rest his head on sounds beautiful and so perfect for him and I'm glad the sun was out and the bees buzzing around to say goodbye to your boy.

Sending love and hugs to you cypher and know I'm thinking about you x

Have fun at the bridge Zylvan and say hello to my boys for me x

SKB_Hamsters
02-25-2019, 09:49 AM
Devastated to hear this sad news. Zylvan was so very fortunate to have an amazing home with you where he was loved, spoilt and cherished every day like he deserved. Loved hearing updated on him and hearing what he been up to - so thank you for sharing him with us - can't believe it time to say goodbye as it doesn't feel like it was that long ago you were introducing him to us. It sweet that you made a needle felt heart for his head to lie on.

Run free at the Bridge Zylvan.

Coco61
02-25-2019, 01:17 PM
The felt heart really moved me. What a lovely touch for Zylvan. A beautiful day for a beautiful boy to be at rest in your memorial garden. It is clear that he will be missed by so many here who enjoyed his thread with his photos and stories.

SandyT
02-25-2019, 05:48 PM
That's really beautiful, Cypher. A fitting tribute to your special fur babies. Adding the felt heart for his little head was lovely. I'm sorry you're hurting.

cypher
02-25-2019, 10:20 PM
Thanks again for all the kind words everyone, I am missing him terribly, I know it will get easier with time but it is hard right now, he was so worth al the hurt that comes with him going to the bridge & I'm trying to focus on all the good times we had.

SyrianHammie
02-26-2019, 04:32 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this :(

Play and run at Rainbow Bridge Zylvan!

dreamtree1234
02-26-2019, 09:56 AM
I'm so terribly sorry that your beloved, heart-ham Zylvan had passed to the bridge. He was such a special and sweet little fluff with the most darling little face. My tears are flowing for you and what you are going through after losing one so dear to your heart. Thanks for sharing his story and adorable pics with all of us. We all will miss him greatly and are here for you, Cypher. He was so blessed to have such a long and cherished life with you as his loving mum. There are so many precious memories of him and I know that they will be forever in your heart. He couldn't have asked for more and I'm sure it must have given you both much comfort to know that he was able to go on his final journey with your loving hands surrounding him. His moving memorial thread and photos truly touched my heart; it was so beautiful and fitting for your darling Zylvan. His resting place is so lovely and the heart pillow to rest his little head on totally brought me to tears. I'm sure that the seeds will blossom into the most gorgeous flowers and will bring a smile to your face in time. I will keep you in my thoughts, Cypher. Sending you huge hugs, too.

Zyl, you were truly loved and will be missed. Have plenty of fun with all of the cherished loved ones at the bridge and be sure to munch on all of the scrumptious goodies at the bridge, too. Please give your loving, devoted mum plenty of whisker kisses from the bridge and watch over her. We love you, Zyl.

hisnameispip
02-26-2019, 06:23 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Zylvan. He was a sweet little guy and I really enjoyed hearing all about him in his thread.

Run free at the bridge, little one.

cypher
02-26-2019, 10:11 PM
Thank you SyrianHammie, dreamtree & hisnameispip.

cypher
02-28-2019, 07:48 AM
My sweet boy sent me a sign this morning when the first of his seeds sprouted, somehow now I feel he's safe at the bridge & his memorial stone has just arrived so I can finish his special place, do him justice & have something to remember him by when I sit out by the memorial garden.
It will need some hugging first of course!

mangoandmimi
02-28-2019, 08:00 AM
The needle felt heart is a lovely touch, and he has a perfect final resting spot alongside the others too. His memorial really is a wonderful way to remember him by.

Coco61
02-28-2019, 12:10 PM
As always cypher, a memorial that reflects perfectly the character of hamily member who has gone to the bridge. An extra hug from me please, before you lay it in its final place. Tell all those in your memorial garden that they are much missed here and to have a lot of fun together. May his seeds grow, flourish and bloom and so bring you contentment.

Pebbles82
02-28-2019, 03:51 PM
The memorial stone is perfect and glad you had a nice sign xxx

cypher
02-28-2019, 10:49 PM
Thank you all.
Coco I have it given it a hug & will pass your message on.
I think it's had enough hugs for now & it's stopped raining today so I will go & put it in place later on.

dreamtree1234
03-03-2019, 07:07 AM
I'm sure it must have given you plenty of comfort to see Zylvan's seeds have sprouted already - such a lovely message from your sweet, thoughtful boy. I'm glad that the rain has ceased and you were able to place his gorgeous and very touching and fitting memorial stone to mark his resting place. I'm sure he will receive all of the hugs, too. Huge hugs, Cypher.

cypher
03-03-2019, 08:27 AM
Thank you dreamtree, it's been especially hard this weekend but seeing all his seeds growing has been really uplifting & his stone in place gives me a sense of peace for him.

Thin Lizzy
03-03-2019, 08:25 PM
Oh god, cypher, I cried reading about your wonderful boy Zylvan. I'm so very sorry for your loss. When I saw your stone that set me off again. Your gorgeous boy lived to a wonderful age and lived like a king with you as his mum. I always looked forward to his thread updates, I always remember when you got him and him being so small who had a big heart of love. He brought me so much happiness, laughter and tears. I know the pain you'll be going through, it will get easier over time and taking comfort in Miriel will help ease that. Sending you big hugs and thinking of you xxxx

cypher
03-03-2019, 11:06 PM
Thank you Lizzy x