PDA

View Full Version : I'v lost my hamster

yftach
01-02-2019, 02:24 PM
Hay,
A year and a half ago, I'v got me first hamster. Beautiful Syrian hamster.
I was really attched to her. And a few minutes ago I discoverd that she passed away.
I just wanted to share it with people. Mabye it will make fill better.

souffle
01-02-2019, 03:27 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. It does hurt a lot but as time passes you will be able to look back at all the beautiful memories you have of her.
Run free at the bridge little one x

Pebbles82
01-02-2019, 04:21 PM
I am so sorry. It is hard when they leave us, and a shock and our routine changes - we miss them. She passed peacefully in her home though, with love and is now running free over the rainbow bridge. They stay in our hearts xxx I am sure when you feel ready you will have a lot of love to give to another little furball hamster.

craftsboydiy
01-02-2019, 07:49 PM
Sorry for your lost...stay strong and hope that you get a new lovely hamster...the little angle will always be in our heart

Thin Lizzy
01-02-2019, 09:51 PM
So sorry to hear about your hammy. We've all been through it and totally understand how your feeling. What was your hammy's name?

cypher
01-02-2019, 10:53 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss, it is very sad when our hamsters go to the bridge & you need to give yourself to grieve for your little one, it is hard but with time you will be able to cherish the memories & remember those good times with a smile, we always miss them & they live forever in our hearts but it will get easier.

Run free & play well at the bridge little one.

mzwiwy
01-02-2019, 11:40 PM
So sorry for your loss.

yftach
01-03-2019, 02:39 AM
So sorry to hear about your hammy. We've all been through it and totally understand how your feeling. What was your hammy's name?

Her name was Halisi from game of thrones

yftach
01-03-2019, 02:41 AM
I am so sorry. It is hard when they leave us, and a shock and our routine changes - we miss them. She passed peacefully in her home though, with love and is now running free over the rainbow bridge. They stay in our hearts xxx I am sure when you feel ready you will have a lot of love to give to another little furball hamster.

I'm afraid to get another hamster because I don't want to get to this moment again. It's really hard for me.

Pebbles82
01-03-2019, 03:49 AM
It is really hard. It can help a bit after you’ve had some kind of memorial service to say goodbye - especially when it’s sudden like this. Our last hammy is in our garden with flowers planted and a little sign with his name. Some people just say a few words or write a memorial on here.

It’s too soon to think about another hamster yet. I also felt like you do and all my family was sad. But when we were given another one a few months later we were all so happy again and our new hamster was completely different and a baby and very fast and funny and needed us to look after him. It actually helped get over the grief.

When it’s the right time you may feel different xxx

cypher
01-03-2019, 05:04 AM
It is very hard & now is not the time to be thinking about getting another hamster, some people do find it helps to get another soon after one has gone to the bridge but most wait a while, I know when my first hamster died I really never thought I could bear to go through that again but then after a while when the time is right you find you have a hamster shaped hole in your heart you need to fill, we never replace the ones that have gone before but our hearts grow bigger to let another in.
I agree with Serendipity that having some kind of memorial really helps, if you have a garden making a nice spot you can visit really does make it easier with time, if not a large pot or a memory box can help too.
You will know if or when the time is right for you to have another hamster, for now just cherish the memories & think about the happy times you gave little Halisi.

dreamtree1234
02-01-2019, 07:27 AM
I'm so sorry for your sudden loss of Halisi. She was greatly loved and will live on in your heart always. Huge hugs to you.

RIP and have plenty of grand adventures at the bridge, dear Halisi.