PDA

View Full Version : Tinwë, be at peace my brave boy.

cypher
12-07-2018, 02:50 AM
Tinwë (http://www.hamstercentral.com/community/hybrid-hamsters/66916-tinwe-brave.html)
28.05.16 - 07.12.18

It feels like it’s been the longest night of my life but my precious boy passed into his forever sleep this morning, his brave heart didn’t want to let go but I held him & spoke to him gently, talked about how much I loved him & how glad I was to have had him in my life, what a wonderful friend he has been & told him all about the bridge. I knew it was his time but it’s still so hard but he’s at peace now & that’s what matters most.

I will never forget that day when I went to the pet shop & there were more baby hams than I’d ever seen before, how to choose one? Well I think it was Tinwë who chose me when he jostled his way to the front of the pack & took my fingers in his little paws & looked up at me with the most endearing expression, a bond was formed right there & just continued to grow.

Not the most active or adventurous of little men but he always enjoyed his cuddle & treat time with Mum, probably loved his sand bath even more than most & kept all his treasures in there, or at least the ones that weren’t in his wheel! Adored his whimzees & his love of broccoli was legendary!

He has been a wonderful friend & brought me so much happiness in our time together, such a brave little guy always determined to keep on enjoying life in spite of the problems he had with his legs, his eyes or his ear, so patient when he needed treatment or help with things & our bond just grew stronger every step of the way.

It’s hard to sum up a life with a few words typed through tears but he was a very special & precious little soul & I’m so grateful to have shared his life.
He had a good long life & I think it’s been a happy one for him as much as me, I thought I’d been preparing myself for his time to go to the bridge for quite a while now as he grew old & frail but of course I’m still totally unprepared & my heart is breaking with grief & bursting with love & admiration for my very special little man all at once.

I’m so sad to see you go Tin but I’m comforted knowing that you are at peace now, restored to health & running free at the bridge, I’ve been blessed to have you with me for so long & now you will be forever in my heart.

He really lived up to his name both Tinwë the brave & “Little Star”.

There’s a starham waiting in the sky
One day I’ll come & meet you…

Run free, play well & find lots of broccoli at the bridge my sweet boy.

Memories of happy days.

cypher
12-07-2018, 03:23 AM
Just prepared a box with his favourite flowers & his whimzee for his final nesting place.

souffle
12-07-2018, 03:24 AM
I am so very sorry for your loss. He really was a wonderful character and he shared an amazing life with you. Run free at the bridge Tinwë. We will all miss your adventures x

dreamtree1234
12-07-2018, 04:02 AM
Oh no, not Tinwe!!! My heart dropped and my eyes welled up with tears when I saw Tinwe's memorial thread here this morning. His memorial tribute was so beautiful and touching, and his gorgeous pics were so precious and cute. I can't stop crying as another most beloved ham had passed to the Bridge and another friend's heart is breaking. My heart goes out to you, Cypher. I am sending you tons and tons of HUGE hugs and lots of love. I know how utterly devastating and gut wrenching it is to lose a ham so dear to your heart. Regardless of how long you have with your little one, it is just never enough time. Tinwe was and always will be one of the most brightly shining stars, radiating his love to you hope even in the darkness of night and the loneliest of times. The two of you had one of the most amazing and close bonds ever, and I know the sweet and loving memories of the time the two of you shared will give you much comfort while you celebrate a life well lived and mourn over the loss of your gentle and loving warrior. He wrapped his tiny paws around your finger when he first entered into your life, and his tiny paw prints will forever live on in your heart. He tried his very best to hang on to the cherished life he lived with you and the devoted mum he loved so dearly, but sadly it was his time and he will certainly be reunited with you again one day. Until then, he will be your little fur angel watching and loving you from above. He will be in good company with so many dear friends to greet, play with, and care for him at the Bridge. Another amazing and beloved member of the EHO has been reunited with the musical and mischievous hamgang in the sky, and the sounds of their lovely music will be heard forever more. He will now be with so many of his dear friends and hamily who have passed before them, and I'm sure they all will have so many wonderful stories to share, good times to be had, and infinite amounts of love to give. Please be comforted that he had a peaceful and dignified passing being surrounded by your love and hearing your voice telling him how much he means to you. He will live on in your heart and memories always, and he will forever be remembered fondly by all of us here on HC who you shared his wonderful life with through his thread and pics. Please know that we are all here for you. HUGE hugs and plenty of love. xxx Plenty of whisker kisses from Arwen and Hinata, too.

Dearest Tinwe, you were one of those most precious hams who really touched my heart deeply, and I fell in love with you from the very beginning because your loving mum shared your adventures with all of us. Have fun at the bridge and know that you are loved by many. The final nesting box that your mum prepared for you is truly lovely and sweet, and I know it will give you much comfort being surrounded by so many of your favorite flowers and your treasured toothbrush. Shine brightly forever, sweet Tinwe. You will be very missed by us all. xxx

pinkpixie
12-07-2018, 05:50 AM
Sorry for the loss of your gentleham Tinwe. Such sad news. He lived a great and long life with you and you shared a precious strong bond together. The many treasured and wonderful memories you have of him will always live on in your heart. Xx

cypher
12-07-2018, 06:02 AM
Thank you for your kind words & thoughts souffle, dramtree & pinkpixie.

I've buried him now, it seemed way too soon but we're having a brief break in all the torrential rain so I though I would give him a nice burial in a little sunshine, I added some broccoli to his box before we had our final goodbye whisker kisses.
It's hard letting him go so soon but he has a little corner spot in the memorial garden with Zen on one side & Zephyr on the other & I'm sure they'll take great care of him.
I've had plenty of time in the last week to think about a memorial & knew exactly what I wanted for him so that should be on it's way soon.

Thin Lizzy
12-07-2018, 06:04 AM
The tears are falling down my face cypher, I'm so very sorry your brave, handsome, charming boy has gone to the rainbow bridge, he went with you by his side whispering comfort loving words, your little star is at peace now but he will forever shine brightly. Thank you so much for sharing Tinwe with us, he always made me giddy with love and joy.
Sending you big hugs and thinking of you at this very sad time. XXXX

mzwiwy
12-07-2018, 06:25 AM
So heartbreaking. You wrote such a lovely memorial and the pics are so sweet. Made me feel as if I've known him all along. So much love. Hugs. Sleep well and run free at the bridge sweet Tinwe.

mangoandmimi
12-07-2018, 10:13 AM
Such a lovely memorial for Tinwë. He was such a lovely little boy and it's so sad his time has come, but he did live a wonderful long life full of enjoyment. It sounded like you had an amazing bond too which is really special, lots of memories to treasure there. I'm sure your words reached him and he was able to let go - always comforting when their final moments are peaceful.

His final nesting place looks perfect, he'll be enjoying his favourite flowers, broccoli and whimzee for sure. Zen and Zephyr will definitely make him feel at home there.
Sweet dreams Tinwë you will be missed by us all. Hope you are doing alright cypher.

Coco61
12-07-2018, 11:05 AM
Oh help cypher, my heart fell when I saw this thread. I am so very sorry indeed. I am struggling to write the appropriate words, so thank goodness your own very moving memorial to your special Tinwe says it all. A long life, filled with all the love and care, ended in the best way as you coaxed him on his way across the bridge. Bless his little ham heart as he stayed with his Mum for as long as possible. His final resting place is perfect.
Play well little Tinwe, now strong again. Many ham friends will keep you company now so look out for your seeds and broccoli there! Send Mum a sign as we all need one from time to time. Hugs for you cypher at this heartbreaking time. X
Just to add that the middle photo of Tinwe in his bowl is the one that touched my heart.

Quicksilver
12-07-2018, 11:13 AM
Dear cypher - I'm so sorry for your loss, your tribute is beautiful. Tinwe was so handsome, what a lovely long life and so lucky to have had a life full of love and happiness. Rest in peace little one xxx

Pebbles82
12-07-2018, 04:10 PM
I am so sorry Cypher. He was adorable - such wonderful photos - his little personality shines through. You will miss him terribly but he was lucky to have you. Play well sweet Tinwe.

IamKat
12-07-2018, 05:29 PM
I'm so so sorry for your loss. Even when they have lived as long and as happy a life as sweet Tinwë, it doesn't make it easier to see them go. You clearly had so much joy together, and I'm sure that he knew how much you loved him. You gave him the most precious gift of a life full of treats and love and happiness, and his final spot is so beautiful xxx

Chicleteer
12-07-2018, 05:42 PM
Cypher, I’m really sorry to hear that little gentleman Tinwë has passed on. I’m sure it’s very difficult, especially so soon after losing Zeki. That was a beautiful tribute in your memorial.

Play well and peacefully at the Bridge, little Tinwë.

cypher
12-07-2018, 11:32 PM
Thank you so very much for all your kind words & support everyone, it really does help & means a lot.

I think it’s a deeper, gentler kind of grief with these older hams, knowing they lived their lives to the full & that t was just their time & not having all the what if’s & maybes that so often come with the loss of a younger ham makes it a little easier but I do miss him so terribly much, I’ve been trying to remember what it was like before he was here & just can’t right now.
So many routine things to miss especially as he was old & frail, all those little extras that I tried to do for him are gone leaving me feel quite at a loss.
I keep wanting to go check on him & then it just hits me all over again.
It’s very sad but even with the sadness I do keep thinking how lucky I’ve been to have had him in my life for such a long time & that’s a comfort.
I always like to go & sit by the memorial garden when one of them has recently gone which isn’t really an option now the rain is back but yesterdays sunshine feels as though it was a special gift for my boy in a typically wet Welsh winter!
Zylvan & Míri have both been a great comfort, Zylvan was up & about early yesterday & kept running to the door whenever he heard me as if to say “It’s OK Mum, I’m hear for you” bless him. It does seem very strange that only a little over two months ago I was still calling him my baby, the youngest of 3 & now he’s the oldest of 2 & really an older gentleham himself!
I know things will get easier although I’ll never stop missing my little star, I’ll feel better & get my sense of closure once his memorial arrives & I can make his place in the garden special for him.

dreamtree1234
12-09-2018, 03:53 AM
I totally understand finding yourself going through those wonderful routines and then being so hit with reality setting in once again, Cypher. My heart goes out to you as I know what that is like. I'm so sorry that you were not able to sit with him at the memorial garden due to the rain, but I'm pleased that some sunshine managed to shine through. Maybe, Tinwe is trying his best to send you a lovely rainbow. I will be praying that Tinwe's memorial arrives soon. I'm so glad that you were blessed with so many wonderful and special memories with your little star and he was able to live such a long and fulfilling life with you. I'm glad that Miriel and Zylvan have been able to give you some much needed comfort; they really are such loving sweethearts. Bless them both. HUGE hugs to you from me and plenty of comforting whisker kisses from my two piggies, Cypher. xxx

cypher
12-09-2018, 09:16 AM
Thank you dreamtree, the early days are always hard being caught out over and again as it sinks in but I know it will get easier with time.
I will be looking out for a rainbow & I'm sure it won't be long before my sweet boy sends me a sign & I'll look forward to a time when I can sit there in the memorial garden with them all again.

Rads
12-09-2018, 06:32 PM
Cypher, as I said on your insta account, I am so sorry to hear about your loss on Tinwe, he was such a little character.
So Mr Tinwe where ever you are now across the bridge, be that exploring, finding the biggest sand bath ever and a stack of treats your little eyes will bulge with delight.
Look down on your Ham-Mum with love and keep a weather eye on her, she needs you now more than ever.

RIP Tinwe the Brave go well you little fluffy dude.

Thin Lizzy
12-09-2018, 09:44 PM
I've always said that Hams may be small but they have the biggest hearts filled with so much love. So when they leave us, they leave a huge hole. I so understand cypher about missing their routines, and find yourself keeping to them. I hope the rain has stopped so you can chat to Tinwe, he's got great company in your memorial garden and will never be alone.
Sending you big hugs xxx

cypher
12-09-2018, 11:53 PM
Thank you Rads & Lizzy for your kind words.
It did stop raining in the night & when I got up & looked out I saw the stars for the first time since he left & that was sign enough from my boy, it was such a comforting moment.

Thin Lizzy
12-10-2018, 12:15 AM
Bless Tinwe, your little star shinning in the night sky letting his mum know he's fine. He'll forever shine brightly cypher xxx

buttercuplols
12-10-2018, 11:36 AM
I hope you are OK. I'm sure he had the best life ever with you! Sorry to not write something sooner but I got very emotional reading this thread! :'( XXX

cypher
12-10-2018, 12:42 PM
He will Lizzy.

Thank you buttercuplols, I totally understand how hard it can be & I'm touched by your kind words.

Coco61
12-10-2018, 02:44 PM
Another bright star joins so many others. May they twinkle across the bridge and comfort all of us who miss our heart hams. Bless your message for your loving Mum, Tinwe.

Bright_moon
12-11-2018, 03:42 AM
Oh cypher, my heartfelt sympathy to you at this very painful time. I hadn't had any pets since losing my sweet Syrian about 5 years ago, and prior to getting her I'd had a long break from pet keeping as it got too much to keep losing them. My brain must've temporarily blipped and forgotten the painful parts when I got my current two sweet girls, and then I suddenly realised the other day that I will have to bear the loss of them too eventually.
All we can do is love them and make treasured memories while we have them. I genuinely believe in a 'rainbow bridge' and your angel boy is there, happy, playing and eating and knows one day you'll see each other again. xxx

cypher
12-11-2018, 03:50 AM
Thank you Bright_moon, it is sad that we do always have to bear the loss of our beloved pets eventually, when it gets really hard I just keep trying to remind myself that all the love & special time with have with them is worth it & with time the cherished memories do outweigh all that grief.

BorisPasha
12-11-2018, 07:55 AM
I know we spoke already but I wanted to leave my condolences here too. I couldn't bear to read through his thread because I knew my heart would break all over again reading your beautiful and moving words for your gentle little star ham.

He was so special and very clever as he knew that he'd have the most wonderful mum and life with you when he jostled his way to the front. I'm very glad he picked you and that you shared him with us here. His little wooden box looks beautiful and very fitting for Tinwë. Sending you lots of love and hugs cypher, my heart really goes out to you. I know how special he was to you and how special you were to him x

Have fun at the bridge little fluffy dumpling, I'll miss you but you'll always have a place in my heart x

cypher
12-11-2018, 10:48 PM
Thank you so much BP, I really appreciate your support.

cypher
12-13-2018, 09:20 AM
Tinwë's memorial arrived today, more tears but I'm very glad it's here & I can now put something special & personal in the garden for my lovely little man, when I've finished hugging it that is....

BorisPasha
12-13-2018, 09:42 AM
It's stunning cypher and I'm sure Tinwë will be very happy to have such a fitting memorial x

Coco61
12-13-2018, 11:38 AM
That is just such a moving memorial for Tinwe. His wings, your hugs, cypher. It's very special indeed. When the time is right it will be placed in your memorial garden to mark his spot but warm it with lots of hugs first.

mangoandmimi
12-13-2018, 11:42 AM
The memorial looks beautiful, it’s perfect for him. It’ll look lovely in the garden. It will be really nice sitting outside with them, when it gets sunnier that is.

cypher
12-13-2018, 11:16 PM
Thank you all.

It does feel very special, it's had lots of hugs now & will go where it belongs today & I'll feel better then.

dreamtree1234
12-14-2018, 03:46 AM
I'm so relieved that the rain had finally stopped so you are able to go to your little fluffies' memorial garden now. I'm sure Tinwe's bright star along with all of the other shimmering stars across the night sky must have been quite an amazing, emotional sight to see; I'm glad that he was able to send you his very special message and give you so much comfort to know he is safe and sound at the Bridge. Bless your sweet Tinwe for always thinking of his beloved mum and making her feel better in a way that only he can. Hugest of hugs to you, Cypher. I'm so happy for you that Tinwe's gorgeous and truly touching memorial had arrived, too. It is absolutely perfect; I love the angel wings, and the words were so fitting and brought tears to my eyes. Tinwe will be giving you infinite whisker kisses from the Bridge and will be loving what you have done for him. The gorgeous garden will look so lovely and you will begin to feel a bit more at peace once you place his memorial there with the rest of your dearly departed hamily's memorials. I'm certain that all of your extra hugs on Tinwe's memorial will be sent directly to your special heart-ham, and it will give him so much comfort as well. I'm sure he will always be the brightest star in the sky for you and will forever keep his watchful, loving eyes on his most precious mum. Extra, EXTRA huge hugs today as I know doing that final step can be extremely emotional. xxx

cypher
12-14-2018, 09:01 AM
Thank you dreamtree.
I do usually find the memorial garden a little bleak at this time of year but this morning when I went to put Tinwë's memorial there everything was coated with frost & glinting in the sunshine, it was really rather beautiful & a fitting way to complete his special place.

mzwiwy
12-14-2018, 10:00 AM
Oh my! It is beautiful!

SKB_Hamsters
12-15-2018, 02:35 PM
I am so sorry cypher to hear this very sad news. I have only just seen this thread and I’m absolutely heartbroken to hear your little star has left for the bridge. Tinwe was such a lucky hamster to lhave such an incredible home with you where he was spoilt with so many yummy treats and endless amounts of love. He lived to such an impressive age too. I also love that you also bury your hams with their favourite treats and chews too (I do the same with my girls) plus love his memorial stone.

Run free and play well at the bridge Tinwe.

cypher
12-15-2018, 10:08 PM
Thank you mzwiwy & SKB.

pinkpixie
12-16-2018, 03:43 AM
An extremely beautiful, special and fitting memorial plaque for your gentleham Tinwe x

dreamtree1234
12-16-2018, 06:00 AM
Wow, the beautiful memorial garden all covered with a layer of frost glistening in the sunlight must have been absolutely gorgeous and uplifting! I'm glad that Jack Frost made an extra effort to do this for both you and Tinwe. It truly sounds perfect and fitting since Tinwe was your light. Huge hugs to you, Cypher.

Sasha04
12-16-2018, 06:30 PM
Oh cypher! I’m so sorry for the loss of your dear Tinwë! I really don’t know what to say, my eyes are streaming tears and my head is hurting. Your man always stood out to me in HC.he was definitely the handsomest ham on the block. He was just stunning. The story about how you two met was heart melting and made me tear up. Seeing him always brightened my day and I always hoped Liberty and I would one day have as strong as a bond as you and your “Little star” did. Oh cypher, I’m not going to let myself ever forget your little brave brave, ham-man, Twinë. His box was so thoughtful and I’m sure he would have loved it. And the memorial melted my Herat. My heart is will you in this hard time. Sending the biggest of hugs to you.

Tinwë,
We were such a handsome ham-man! Your mom loves you so much and I will not forget you. xxx

Thin Lizzy
12-16-2018, 09:53 PM
Aww heck cypher, I saw Tinwe's beautiful Heart Memorial & message and my eyes welled up. Squeeze Tinwe's heart a little more from myself, I will so miss your little shinning star.

cypher
12-16-2018, 10:28 PM
Thank you dreamtree, Sasha & Lizzy.
All the support here really does help & is much appreciated.