PDA

View Full Version : Always Loved and In My Heart, Eros007 - Baby Bee!

dreamtree1234
11-29-2018, 11:01 PM
I can hardly believe that I am posting this here. My eyes are so swollen with tears that I can hardly see what I am typing, I have a huge lump in my throat, and my emotions are so numb with sadness and grief.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/38/b9/44/38b944b4f99f2dd0d9a32b7999b0efcb.jpg

Yesterday, Eros was extremely determined to play almost all day and most of the night. Every time I placed her back into her cage, she moved to the area of her cage where she could be the closest to me possible and just stared at me with her large, endearing eyes. Late in the evening, I noticed that she seemed perfectly fine but her breathing began to seem a bit more labored as if she was panting. I immediately took her out of the cage again and began giving her a thorough health check and her breathing became normal again. She acted like her extremely playful, loving self and wanted to get even more cuddles, kisses, and mealworms (of course). After having another long out of the cage playtime and cuddling kissy session, I was reassured that Eros was doing absolutely fine now and decided to place her in her cozy nest. She immediately came out and walked directly to the corner of her cage closest to where I usually sit on the sofa and looked up at me again with those loving eyes of hers. I told her that I love her with all of my heart and I could never imagine my life without her being in it, gave her another kiss on the top of her head, and giggled telling her that she really needed to get some rest so we could have another grand adventure and playtime tomorrow. I decided to go to bed since I felt sure that all was well with my Baby Bee now and I was extremely exhausted after the scare that evening and all the other things that are going on in my life currently. At approximately 5 A.M. on Thursday, November 29, I woke up from a very terrible nightmare that my precious Eros had passed away and she was calling out to me. I immediately rushed out of bed, ran to the other room where her cage is, and turned on the lights. She was sleeping so peacefully on the paper towel that had my scent on it that she used as her comfort, security blankie. The paper towel was resting on top of her most treasured Rainbow Bendy Bridge where she always begged for extra treats, playtimes, cuddles, etc. When I called out to her, she was completely unresponsive. At that point, my heart utterly sank and I felt a huge lump in my throat as I burst into tears and reached for my precious, little, baby fluffy. She was slightly cool to the touch, and I heartbreakingly could tell that she must have actually just gained her angel wings a short time earlier. I cuddled with her, kissed her, and told her how much I love and miss her. My mum and a few of my family members gave her kisses and petted her, and we made her paw print impressions as a special and treasured keepsake for the tiny paws that always had me totally wrapped around them from the moment I laid eyes on my precious Baby Bee. I placed a few lovely red roses on her from one of her favorite rose bushes right outside of my house that was surprisingly in full bloom although it is very cold outside right now. Her final resting place is under my family's red azalea bush.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/62/f1/b8/62f1b8933c64d2f06d1695b334c853dc.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/6c/84/21/6c8421c061b813903040ec9ca6b26f7b.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/94/52/f2/9452f2c0896014e2b7238d16a94407e1.jpg

To my cherished and beloved Eros, I wrote this love letter to you to wrap and keep you warm in for your forever sleep. I wanted you to feel my constant love cuddling you so you will always remember that you are so deeply loved and constantly remembered. I can't even grasp saying my final goodbyes to you so I choose to say "until we are together again forever, my little spirited Baby Bee". I will always keep your paw prints in my heart, and I will treasure all the magnificent and fun-filled, precious times that we shared with one another. Thank you for coming into my life and filling it with immeasurable love, happiness, and laughter. I will try my very best to keep smiling and remembering all of the good times only since I know you would want that, but I must admit that I can't stop crying and missing you more than words could ever express. You would have been celebrating your 2nd birthday in approximately five weeks and your 2-year Adoption/gotcha Day on February 9th, but sadly you were called to the bridge much too soon. The Rainbow Bridge gained another amazing, heart-ham and the world is a much sadder and lonelier place without you in it, Eros. Please give our precious Snickers and all of the beloved fluffs up at the bridge a bunch of whisker kisses, and please have lots of grand adventures and tons and tons of fun with all of your dear friends who have passed before you.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/09/a3/43/09a343871110464c30c3c09a1b118623.jpg

When my mum, my sister, and I went to one of my mum's doctor's appointments, I was totally overwhelmed with deep emotions and was truly touched because we were blessed with seeing the most glorious, breathtaking, male American bald eagle ever. It swiftly swooped down from high in the sky as if it was on an urgent mission from above and flew right across our view. Then, it gracefully found a perching spot on top of one of the tall trees right by the highway and cocked its head down at us. It gave us eye contact and, as we drove by slowly, it continued to turn its head to stare at us as we passed. I immediately told my family that it must have been a sign from Eros that she is watching over us from the Rainbow Bridge and that she has now arrived safely there. I had to laugh as I thought of Eros choosing a grand American bald eagle to be her personal messenger, but I felt the warmness in my heart as I truly know in my heart that she did just that.

souffle
11-30-2018, 01:11 AM
I am so very sorry for your loss dreamtree. Eros felt her time to be called was near and reached out to you and your were connected as she walked her final path I am sure. She will stay with you now tucked away in your heart till you meet again. She will be much missed by us all here on the forum and we will remember her with fondness.
Play well at the bridge sweet Eros x

cypher
11-30-2018, 01:17 AM
Oh dreamtree, I am so so sorry to hear such sad news, my heart goes out to you at this sad time, hugest hugs.
Your beloved Eros was such a special girl & the bond you had was just wonderful, I know you will miss her very much but she will always be there watching from the Rainbow bridge & living on forever in your heart & the many cherished memories she has left you with.
I'm glad your last moments together were so special as they always were & she passed peacefully into her forever sleep.
Your lovely girl will be missed by so many of us but never forgotten.

Run free & play well at the bridge Eros.

Jesika_
11-30-2018, 02:28 AM
big hugs for you dreamtree.
Her last moment with you were so great, she is loved until her last breath, and she passed peacefully. By remembering that, I hope you will be fine.
Cheer Up.

RJS
11-30-2018, 04:27 AM
I'm so very sorry for your loss Dreamtree .. I haven't known you and Eros for all that long but I feel very sad today all the same. You and Eros will be in my thoughts.

Josie
11-30-2018, 05:35 AM
So sorry to hear that your beautiful Eros has passed to the bridge Dreamtree, such a lovely memorial to her, play well at the bridge beautiful little girl hugs to you xxxxxx :(

Do not worry about me when I am gone and on the other side.
"Life Is Eternal"

mangoandmimi
11-30-2018, 07:24 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this dreamtree, I do hope you're doing okay. Eros was such a character and I did love reading about her antics. You did have a lovely bond and I'm sure you have lots of wonderful memories to remember her by. It sounds like she did call out to you as her time was near, and very sweet of her to let you know that she'd safely reached the Rainbow Bridge. A beautiful tribute to your little girl and her resting spot underneath the azalea bush sounds perfect. You will be hugely missed Eros, rest well.

JennySTL
11-30-2018, 08:56 AM
Oh no, I am in tears! I feel like Eros was one of ours. I am so very very sorry for your loss. You gave Eros such a great life and she was so loved. Sending hugs and comfort your way.

flowerfairy
11-30-2018, 11:46 AM
What a beautiful heartfelt tribute to your little sweetheart.

You obviously had a magical connection.

Rest in peace Eros x

Coco61
11-30-2018, 01:21 PM
Heartbreaking news dreamtree. It has had me in tears along with your moving tribute and photos of your beautiful and special girl. Eros must have felt that she was slipping away from you and wanted to spend as much time as possible with you. That alone shows how extraordinary she was with her connection to you. A huge heart in a tiny ham. Her passing was gentle and dignified in her own home. It is the best way. Be comforted by that.
Her personality shone through in the wonderful photos you posted. Her whole life is here in her thread and a remarkable life it was too. She endeared herself to HC and you too with your warmth and generous attitude to others.
I believe I am right in saying that Eros was the last member of the Electric Hammy Orchestra to cross the rainbow bridge. I am sure Snickers felt her coming and gathered them together again to welcome her over. Master Harvey as leader and Sir Mocho as conductor would have played her into their loving company. She will have many friends there as you have here in your loss. She has already sent you a sign of comfort. We that are left behind understand how that feels and I join others in sending you many hugs of comfort.
Look back across the bridge to comfort your Mum, Eros, for you will be greatly missed but never forgotten.

Thin Lizzy
11-30-2018, 02:50 PM
Oh god dreamtree, I'm heartbroken, Broke down sobbing, I can't believe you're little princess has gone to the rainbow bridge. Please be rest assured Master Harvey, Sir Mocho Rattle & the rest of the Ham-Orchestra were there waiting for Her Majesty Eros007, many tears, ham-hugs & music celebrating her life. All the Ham-Orchestra are together and the music will never stop.
I'm here for you dreamtree and sending you lots of love xxxx
Eros stole my heart with her antics, posing and expressions, she will be so missed and forever loved and remembered.

pinkpixie
12-01-2018, 01:21 AM
Sorry for the loss of your very beautiful and special ham Eros. She clearly loved you deeply as much as you loved her. Hope the many wonderful and cherished memories you have of her, comfort you and help to soothe your heart at this sad and difficult time xx

Ruth Edwards
12-01-2018, 05:51 PM
Dear Dreamtree, i wish could give you a big hug, hope you are feeling better soon. Eros had a wonderful life with you, and she made you happy too. thankyou for sharing her antics with us, she was a lovely personality, love, Ruth

Sasha04
12-01-2018, 10:39 PM
I can’t even begin.
I really never get this tearied eyed. Dreamtree. I can’t even. Life is hard on us some times, to hard. I remember me losing my past ham, Comet. I walked in the room to find him in his foverever sleep. My heart skipped a beat and I felt the air run out of me. This wasn’t happening. I can only imageine how you feel about Eros. You two had one of the strongest bonds I have ever seen a person and a hamster have. It was truly amazing seeing Eros with her sweet and charming personality in lovely photos. I doubt I will ever forget this presious ham. She was, I can’t even put it into words. Something else. She was so beautiful. I giggled so hard seeing her photos. She lived a lovley life with you. Sending the biggest hugs in the words and kisses from Mr. Libby. xxx

Eros,
I will never forget your beautiful face. You were such a beautiful and well, presious little hamster. My first time I was on the fourm, I was greeted by this beautiful two-colored eyed hamster. She was the prettiest hamster I had ever seen. And, that was you. Eros. Your mum took gorgeous photos of you and your sweet personality shined. You dating your peanuts made my day and I will never forget you and the McDonald fries. I will miss you and so will Libby. xoxo

dreamtree1234
12-02-2018, 07:31 AM
Thank you, Souffle, Cypher, Jesika, RJS, Josie, Mangoandmimi, JennySTL, Flowerfairy, Coco, Thin Lizzy, Pinkpixie, Ruth Edwards, and Sasha. I am so sorry that it has taken me a few days to respond to all of your touching and sweet posts. They do really mean the world to me, and I thank you so very much for your kind and comforting words, big hugs, and friendship. Having the compassion and love of my dear family and lots of wonderful friends like all of you on HC who truly understand what I am going through is truly helping me. I am totally devastated and still extremely shocked that Eros has gone to the bridge, but I'm taking it one day at a time. I find myself keep glancing into her cage expecting to see her adorable face filled with anticipation to come out and play with me. I was getting ready to sit down for my breakfast and was beginning to cut a piece of my cheesy bread and veggie meal for her yesterday morning and then I burst into tears when there was no eager Eros sitting patiently and ready to have her share. When I unlatched her cage cover screen last night to take her out for her extra playtime and cuddle session, my heart sank after seeing that her nest was untouched and realizing again that I would never be able to give my little sweetheart another cuddling or ever receive a bunch of her ticklish, whisker kisses on my cheeks. I know that I have to clean out her cage and store away her precious toys for another future ham, but my heart cannot seem to find the emotional strength to do it right now. Currently, the rain is pouring down outside just like my tears are constantly flowing so I will just have to try my best to do it in the next few days or if I see a lovely rainbow outside. I miss my darling heart-ham so much that words can’t truly seem to express how I am feeling inside and I know it will take time to heal my broken heart. I am so utterly grateful that I was blessed enough to have her in my life for as long as I did and we created so many precious and treasured memories together that will live on in my heart and mind forever. I just wish with all of my heart that hams were able to have a much longer lifespan so they do not have to leave all of their loved ones much too soon, but I know that they always make a point to pack so much love, adventure, and happiness into the short lives they live. These little ones are truly inspirational and wonderful cutie pies because they always make the most of each and every day and night. They are so tiny, but they have the hugest of hearts and have a larger than life personality to go with it. “I can’t do it” is just not in a hammy’s vocabulary.

I am comforted knowing that she did not suffer and passed peacefully and quickly, feeling all the love. It is such a lovely thought that she will never be lonely and will always be surrounded by those who love her dearly. I have a huge smile on my face thinking of the image of her being welcomed and greeted at the Rainbow Bridge by her piggy sister Snickers, all of my and my family’s beloved past hams, so many wonderful ham friends from HC, and most of the treasured ham gang pals from the Electric Ham-Orchestra except for Artie, Ghost, Tinwe, and Newt (who I’m sure are playing their musical instruments from their Earthly palaces). I know that she will have a wonderful time frolicking and playing, creating so many precious memories, getting into mischief, stuffing her cheek pouches with plenty of scrumptious goodies, and probably spying on all of us here with all of them there, lol. They will all be surrounded with infinite amounts of love, whisker kisses and, of course, the glorious sounds of lovely music created by the magnificent and beloved conductor Sir Mocho Rattle and orchestra leader Master Harvey, and the members of E.H.O. She will be in great company by so many beloved, little fluffs until we are all reunited once again.

Thank you once again for all of your comforting messages and love. Dreamtree xxx

mzwiwy
12-02-2018, 04:54 PM
So sorry to see this. Hugs.

SKB_Hamsters
12-03-2018, 05:17 AM
I am so very sorry Dreamtree to hear about your loss of your beloved Eros. Eros was a special little girl for finding her way into a incredibly loving home with you were you both could share so many wonderful adventures together. I am so gratefully that you decided to share Eros with us all on HC - she really captivated me with her beauty, personality and all those gorgeous funny photos of your stunning girl - that I was all so excited to see a new post on her thread. I am pleased that you got to spend lots of time with Eros before she left for the bridge and there to comfort her as she was getting her angel wings - plus tell your special girl how much she meant to you.

I read your post soon after you posted it but I found it so difficult to type a reply as my emotions took over, as Eros personality and character reminded me so much of my Pumpkin - so found it so difficult. I am in a flood of tears just typing this reply - but reassured that Eros and Pumpkin will get to met each other at the bridge and have lots of fun filled adventures together after stuffing their faces full of mealworms.

Rest in Peace Eros, plus enjoy your top secret missions at the rainbow bridge!

Burakki
12-03-2018, 05:48 AM
Oh no! Not Eros.... Dreamtree, I’m so SO sorry. My heart broke when I saw this thread. I know I haven’t posted a in while, but I tried to stay updated on my best ham pal here, and I just can’t believe she’s not here anymore. I know how hard it is for you right now. I don’t think I ever met a person who cared about their ham as much as you. Eros was SO, SO loved, and so incredibly lucky to have you as her caretaker. I have no doubt that she loved you with all her heart, and this love was what called you to her in the middle of the night. Probably her spirit was still there and she wanted to see you one last time. I truly believe that one day we will all meet our beloved somewhere over the rainbow, and I’m sure, Eros will often visit your dreams.

Play free over the bridge, gorgeous Eros. Know that your friend Marti misses you greatly, and hopes that you’ll visit her dreams too. Say hello to our sweet Prince Lemon up there and know that you will never be forgotten...

BorisPasha
12-03-2018, 09:07 AM
My heart broke when I saw this thread and I avoided looking at it for a couple of days because I just didn't want it to be true :( So I apologise for taking so long to respond to your post.

I'm so very sorry dreamtree, she was so so special. Always so entertaining and photogenic and just the sweetest girl with a huge personality and she'll be missed terribly. Eros will always have a special place in my heart.

Sending you much love and hugs dreamtree, you'll be in my thoughts at this time xx

Have fun at the bridge Eros, though I know you'll be entertaining all your friends at the rainbow bridge with your stories. Sleep well Baby bee xx

Thin Lizzy
12-03-2018, 09:13 PM
Dreamtree, my heart goes out to you knowing you're going through a very sad time, your little girl will be forever remembered and loved. I'm so pleased she went peacefully at home with you. I miss her dearly. We are all here for you.
I want to thank you for sharing Eros's adventures, the posing pics, her expressions and well for making me giggle so much. Her Majesty Eros007 captured our hearts.
Lots of Love xxx

dreamtree1234
12-09-2018, 04:18 AM
I'm so sorry that it has taken a few days to post my reply. I am having a really hard time dealing with all of my emotions of sadness and loss so I'm at a total loss for words. Thank you so much for your kind and comforting words, Mzwiwy, SKB, Burakki, BP, and Thin Lizzy. Your friendship and understanding means the world to me. I feel so blessed to have had my darling Eros for such a long time and for having such wonderful friends who truly care. It really touches my heart that Eros has touched so many hearts during her life and will live on with all of you as well. I know that she will be in such great company with so many beloved hams and Snickers who are at the bridge. She has made so many amazing hampals on HC, and I'm sure those that are now at the bridge will all be having many grand adventures together, stuffing their cheek pouches with tons of goodies, and going on plenty of secret missions with each other. I am sure Santa Paws will somehow manage to give them all an extra huge bag full of special surprises when Christmastime is here since they were all so very deserving of being extra spoiled at the bridge for being such loving and good, darling hams.

I took Arwen and Hinata to see Santa Claus yesterday since it will be their very first Christmas this year. Even though it was so heartbreaking to not have Snickers and Eros there with us, I could not let the wonderful opportunity pass us since it is one of my very special traditions with all of my fluffies. There were many moments during my piggies' time with Santa that I was overcome with so much emotions that tears flowed from my eyes. Santa said he remembers that Snickers and Eros should be here with all of us, too; he won't forget about them and all of their dear, furry friends at the bridge as well. This is a picture that I managed to capture showing all of the love given yesterday. It was a true circle of love - never-ending and everlasting. I just love that Arwen, Hinata, and Santa's arms/hands form a perfect heart and my two little piggies were giving each other some sweet whisker kisses, too. :)
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/c7/6f/6e/c76f6e0c468acfab0447d803a58ccce6.jpg

Pebbles82
12-09-2018, 05:24 AM
Dear Dreamtree - I am so very sorry to be so late posting on here and have only just seen it. It is such a hard time for you - and we miss our little ham friends so terribly when they are gone and keep forgetting they are not there.

I was very moved by yours and Eros final moments together - and I completely understand. I read a thing once - that said that when you are very close in love, your hearts are attached by an invisible string. And when the loved one is gone and that string is broken - the end that is attached to you is waving around feeling lost - which is why it feels like losing part of you. But that in time the string stops waving around feeling lost and goes permanently into your heart. Because they are always in your heart even if no longer physically with us.

I am so sorry for your loss. But that you and Eros had that time to be close before she left is so very special and her passing seemed peaceful and at home. I had a similar closeness with Charlie before he went but it went on for a long time and he didn't pass peacefully at home. I think it is a blessing your little girl passed peacefully in her home.

But still such a painful loss. Her burial is wonderful and special. You don't have to reply if you don't want to - I know things are still very raw and it is hard to be normal or put things into words.

I am so pleased your darling little piggies had such a beautiful and special moment with Santa and I am sure it was a special tribute to Eros also. I personally shall miss Eros very much as well. She was a darling on the forum.

Play well over the Rainbow Bridge Eros and say hello to all our other missed ham friends. Xxxx

dreamtree1234
12-09-2018, 06:04 AM
Thank you so much, Serendipity. I really, REALLY appreciate your kindness and caring words. You described my feelings perfectly and the analogy of the string is so true and beautiful. My eyes are flooding with tears all over again, but it truly gave me a lot of comfort as well. I am really blessed that Eros and I had the extra cherished time prior to her peaceful passing and she did not suffer. I am really extremely grateful for that. I know how special Charlie was to you and how much he is missed regardless of how much time has passed. He was a truly special and amazing heart-ham who is missed by all of us here, too. He was one of the first hams that I ever read about when I first joined HC, and I loved him, too. Hugs to you, Serendipity.

cypher
12-09-2018, 09:13 AM
It's such a difficult, emotional time dreamtree but I'm so glad you have your sweet Arwen and Hinata to comfort you now, so lovely to see them with santa & I have no doubt both Eros & Snickers were with you in spirit & will be watching over you.

Thin Lizzy
12-09-2018, 10:09 PM
We all feel your loss dreamtree, I'm so happy that Arwen & Hinata met Santa Claus and looking forward to their first Christmas. Eros wouldn't want them missing out and that goes for Snickers also. They know they'll be forever in your heart. Big hugs to you, I felt emotional reading it.

Coco61
12-10-2018, 02:36 PM
What the others have said is so true, dreamtree. Sometimes a moment or a thought catches us unawares and the tears flow again. Eros was a very special heartham to you but to many others here on HC. It is not surprising if the memories are sometimes hard to enjoy right now.
Snickers and the others over the bridge will have settled Eros there. Arwen and Hinata are helping you and they are such lovely piggies. Your friends here continue to send hugs and much understanding over your loss. X

Thin Lizzy
12-10-2018, 08:33 PM
Coco's right about Eros being welcomed with open paws, loads of ham-hug and lots of music.
Snickers was given the same welcome and was there waiting for Eros when she arrived. Extra hugs from myself & Noah xxx

SunnyOy
12-10-2018, 09:19 PM
oh no....sorry dreamtree, I don't know how to comfort you cuz me myself burst into tears... sorry... I love Eros, still remember the High Four from Myachick...

BorisPasha
12-11-2018, 08:19 AM
Sending lots of hugs your way dreamtree. We can all understand how hard it is and not a day goes by when I don't think about my 4 boys at the bridge and some days it's very hard to hold back the tears. I'm so glad you have Arwen and Hinata to comfort you. The picture of them with Santa is beautiful and, as cypher said, I know Eros and Snickers will be with you in spirit x

dreamtree1234
12-24-2018, 04:45 PM
Thank you for your kind words, support, and friendship, Cypher, Thin Lizzy, Coco, SunnyOy, and BP!

BubbyandHamper
02-27-2019, 05:02 PM
I am so sorry for your loss, Dream. Eros was truly a wonderful girl and will get to meet up with many friends! She is forever loved, never forgotten. xoxoxoxo

dreamtree1234
03-03-2019, 07:00 AM
Thank you for your very kind words, BubbandHamper. I miss her with all of my heart, but I'm comforted knowing that she is having so much fun getting to play with her many cherished friends at the bridge. I am terribly sorry for your loss of the precious Hamper. He was truly special and a joy to get to know. He will be greatly missed. Huge hugs to you.

Razor
03-11-2019, 10:29 AM
Oh dreamtree I'm so sorry for your loss. I haven't been very active here of late, but something told me I should check on Eros, and I did not expect to read this. Eros was a precious little girl who stole all of our hearts. It was always such a joy reading stories of her adventures. I certainly will miss her, as will Gaby. I'm sure Eros plays with Alli and all her friends on the rainbow bridge, but always remembering what wonderful ham-mum she had. My thoughts and wishes are with you Eros, and you too dreamtree. Run free little one. ❤

dreamtree1234
03-14-2019, 04:38 AM
Thank you so much, Razor. Your words truly touched my heart. I miss her terribly, but having such wonderful friends on HC really does help. Hugs to you and cuddles to Gaby.

Turrican
09-13-2019, 03:45 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss. I haven't been on the site for a while after having my son but Just catching up tonight and found your post. Eros was so very loved x