PDA

View Full Version : Hamster of the Month - VOTING NOW - Please vote

souffle
01-19-2010, 01:52 PM
Following on from the suggestion on the thread asking what we would like on the forum we are going to run a competition to choose the 'Hamster of the Month'. The winning hamster will appear on the front page of the forum so when someone comes on to the forum they will see the picture. :)

So it could be YOUR hamster who becomes famous. :-D

1. This competition is for the February Hamster of the month.

2. You may enter 1 picture and this should be accompanied by a few lines telling us a little about you hamster and why it should be chosen.

3. The picture should be clear and as charming as possible

4. The picture must be of a hamster of any species and it must belong to you or your family. It may be with you now or have passed to the bridge.

5. Closing date for entries is Monday 25th January.

6. The voting will be posted and new new pic will be displayed in February.

Please do not post any comments on this thread and only post entries. PM me with any queries. If you cannot post pics then e mail me the pic and I will post it on your behalf.

This competition is a little shorter than they will normally be as we want to get the February pic chosen.
Good luck everyone and can't wait to see your pics :)

DeweyTheHammy
01-19-2010, 02:10 PM
http://i34.tinypic.com/2s6q639.jpg
This is Nancy. She was a 2 and half year old russian dwarf hamster. About a year ago, she stabbed her eye on something sharp in her old cage. The eye had to be removed immediatly, but it didn't effect her at all after being removed. It often looked as if she were winking! Her favorite treat was milk bones and cucumber skins. She knew her name and whenever I called her she came to the front of the cage.
She left the world on the morning of December 25th of old age. She died peacefully in her nest and was buried in the backyard with the rest of our past pets.

denajolie
01-19-2010, 06:14 PM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4053/4288746387_5b6118f204_b.jpg
This is Mr. Whiskers, my 2 year old syrian hamster. He was adopted from the NYC hamster house, a shelter for hamsters who's owners give them up. I knew I wanted him, because he sat comfortably in my hands not even phased by the fact I was a completely new person when we first met. Now he enjoys watching tv on my lap, and occasionally licking peanut butter off my fingers (both of our favorite foods). He stole my heart, and I hope he'll steal yours too, Happy valentines day!

caerleon
01-20-2010, 06:38 AM
http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh347/caerleon76/archie/archie65.jpg

This is Archie ive had him about 2 months, his hobbies are trying to escape out of his pen, being grumpy and getting annoyed with things when they get in the way!and playing in sand and on his wheel. He should be chosen because hes cute!

Tish36
01-20-2010, 02:22 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/2gshptx.jpg

This is Skittles!
I got her on the 13th of October 2009, as a 2 day early birthday present from a friend.
She is a black and white Syrian, and is extremely active!
Her favourite food is banana chips as shown in the picture, but she also loves bits of digestive biscuits and carrots!
My boyfriend calls her the "Spider-Hamster" due to her ocassionally doing the monkey bars across the top of the cage, and even walking upside down on the top!
Skittles should be chosen as she is a fantastic little hamster, who is energetic and full of life and fun :)

annie81
01-21-2010, 03:33 PM
http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy313/annimauserl/My%20cuties/DSC00579.jpg

thats horst my first hamster ever, a russian dwarf. he had to be pts end of november when he was 2 years old because he had a tumour and i still miss him to bits. he was very special...climbing up walls, cuddling up with my dog (who had to be pts 2 weeks after horst) and waking up with me every morning and as soon as i came back from work to say hello. this picture was taken on the first day i got him (he was a christmas present). at this time he wouldnt even let me have a look at him without squeaking at me...but he turned out so lovely. he moved from germany to glasgow with me...so how many people can say their hamster experienced a flight ;-) although he only stayed with me in glasgow for 1 year i never regretted my decision

you dont see much of him on that picture but i think its cute. and that was the first thing i saw of him every morning and every time i got back from work. he made me realise what great little creatures hamsters are...

louise_81
01-22-2010, 01:51 AM
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk182/Louise_81/christmaspets062.jpg

Tis is Grace, my dominant spot Chinese Hammy. She is a rescue hammy and has had 2 homes already. Im not sure how old she is, but she will have a forever home here with me.

Sammybingo
01-22-2010, 01:14 PM
Those pictures are fantastic, I LOVE the peeping one a lot :D All of your hammies are so beautiful. *sigh* I wish I could have lots!! I want to make Chewy a cape now!

Due to some mild bullying ;) here is that picture of Chewy again

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a229/sam123watson/Chewyunderneaths.jpg

I don't think Chewy should be chosen, as I inadvertantly washed my hands with something appealing today and got a nip! But if he is, I am sure he would be very pleased with himself. He's a very energetic little thing, still a wee bit nervous, but such a poser :D

Pompompoms
01-24-2010, 05:25 PM
This is Jam, he's my 10 month old Agouti. I think of him as the most gentle and also indestructable hamster! He has so far survived his borther turning on him and injuring his foot, followed but biting him hard on the bum. Then while they were living divided again but in the same cage, The Cloud got him again through the divide with a huge cut to the back. Finally the last attempt at introduction ended in him with four huge cuts, and nearly lost as he was so badly injured.

Since the seperation he has bloomed! He comes when you call him, he comes when you say yum yum as he knows he's getting something tasty, and he spends a couple of hours each evening trundleing all over the sofa and me stopping for naps in my sleeve, little snacks, and strokes.
We nearly lost him again in December when he ingested his cotton wool bedding (see Roborovski forum :() and yet he came back from death's door yet again to be back to his normal self.

So he's a fighter, a gentle little ball of warm fur, and I'm so happy he's still with me, he's a little rock star!

souffle
01-25-2010, 03:56 AM
Please remember the closing date for entries is midnight tonight :)
Thanks everyone for the fab entries. It will be a VERY hard choice.

souffle
01-27-2010, 04:35 AM
Entries are now closed and I have posted the Poll for voting. Please look at all the gorgeous pics and read the information then vote for the hamster you would like to see on the forum front page as February Hamster of the Month.
Please play fair and make a genuine choice and do not vote for your own hamster.
Thank you all for the entries. We certainly have some star quality hamsters on the forum :)

BigD
01-28-2010, 06:08 AM
That was a difficult choice, I don't come on the forum much but I like to see all the pics. Good luck everyone.

gellerbing
01-28-2010, 04:04 PM
all such cuties but i made my choice :) good luck everyone

souffle
01-31-2010, 10:55 AM
Thank you everyone for your votes. It was a close race but we are pleased to announce that the hamster of the month for February is the handsome Jam the robo.
Congratulations :)
The photo should be on the front page on 1st February.

Sammybingo
01-31-2010, 11:06 AM
Well deserved :) A little beauty with a story that almost made me cry!! <3

annie81
01-31-2010, 03:16 PM
congratulations to jam ;-)

Iluvhamsters
01-31-2010, 03:17 PM
Congrats, Jam. A well deserved first place :)

Pompompoms
01-31-2010, 04:07 PM
Thank you for voting for me among all these beautiful hamsters, I feel very very lucky.

Sniff sniff squeak

Love from JamJam xxx

Sammybingo
01-31-2010, 04:26 PM
Jam, you are melting my insides with your cute powers.

Edit just add, reminded me, Chewy did a mini piddle on my keyboard earlier haha.

Tish36
01-31-2010, 04:34 PM
Well Done Jam :D

Pompompoms
01-31-2010, 04:43 PM
Jam just did one in my white jumper while having a sleep in my sleeve, he's hastily been put back in his cage and I've made a dash to the washing machine!

Thank you everyone, As well as the pictures, I've loved the stories of all the hamsters on here. There are some truely kind and caring people on this forum, I've been shown that quite a few times on a personal level, and seen it infinate times reading through. I'm glad me and my robo's found you all, your advice has kept Jam alive, and helped The Cloud more than I ever could have to be the happy (as well adjusted as he ever will be ;)) hammie he is today.

:D:D

suga
02-01-2010, 12:20 AM
Congratulations - Jam is a very deserving winner :-)

caerleon
02-01-2010, 11:57 AM
well done jam you little cutie you!