PDA

View Full Version : Pumpkin, In Memory Off...

SKB_Hamsters
06-29-2018, 09:12 AM
I had no idea that I would be making this thread anytime soon but thing happen so suddenly! It so heart breaking and difficult typing this this thread especially when my eyes are full of tears.

Sadly Pumpkin took her final breath – I am I so much shock right now as everything happened to sudden to fully process and I’m an emotional wreck. This morning just as I was about to leave for work something made me go and check on Pumpkin – she didn’t seem herself and was breathing heavily – I thought I was the weather as Pumpkin fell asleep on her granite tile. I made sure my room was kept nice and cold for her. When I got home from work (I only had a short shift), Pumpkin looked a lot worse than she did this morning – she kept collapsing as she walked and looked very unwell. So I immediately called the vet whilst in tears and they said I could bring her there straightaway. I told Pumpkin to stay strong as I was going to get help so I could make her better. She was still breathing albeit less frequent but very heavy – I was called in to see a vet nurse as soon as I arrived. However when I placed the carrier on the table – Pumpkin was gasping for breath and then fell in to her forever sleep. I felt so bad that I couldn’t get Pumpkin help sooner but the vets examined her and noticed a lot of fluid coming out of her mouth and nose – possible lung failure. The vet nurse reassured me that it wasn’t my fault and I did everything I could. Everything happened so suddenly yesterday Pumpkin was perfectly fine waiting for me at 8:30 for cuddles and enjoyed her evening treats - and Pumpkin was her usual self! So I had no idea this was all going to happen so quickly.

A Message to Pumpkin - I am missing you loads already – you were everything to me and I cant express in words how much I loved you – but I know you knew! I am so lucky that your previous owner returned you so I could spoil you rotten just like you deserved. I cant forget the feeling when you began to trust me and stopped trembling whilst you were in my hands - you quickly blossomed into such a cuddly girl who loved lots and lots of cuddles - just as much as me! You helped me through so many difficult times – like when my grandma was unwell and when I didn’t feel myself – you managed to cheer me up with your cheeky antics which never failed to make me smile. I am heartbroken right now as I just want to cuddle you and give you endless amount of love. I wish I could have gotten you help sooner – so sorry I couldn’t but I know you know that I did everything I could – it so devastating that I was just too late. I am so sad that you will miss out on celebrating your 2nd Birthday next month as I had already been buying you present which you were going to receive this Monday when I cleaned you cage out – so many lovely rainbow themed toys from p@h summer range – which I knew you would love. If only I could turn back time and somehow prevent this from happening I would. I am finding this so difficult but the best way to describe you is SPECIAL! You will forever and always be my sweet cuddly troublemaker and you will always remain in my heart and be very much missed. Pumpkin I’m sure there will be endless mealworms for you to endulge on across the bridge. I am sending you endless amount of kisses and cuddles XXXXX MISSING YOU LOADS!!!

I so pleased I have treasured every moment I spent with Pumpkin and captured so many wonderful moments with my camera – so I have so many photos as an endless reminder of our time together plus her thread which I can always read through when I feel the time is right.

Play well Pumpkin at the bridge!
I know Honey, Caramel, Cotton, Cookie, Toffee and Sherbet will all be waiting for you at the bridge and I’m sure you will get up to lots of mischief together as you are all my Sweet Troublemakers!

Pumpkin will buried this evening with all of her favourite things, in my flowerbed beside all my past hamster. I too will keep some of her toys as a forever reminder too.

I will be continuing to take a break for a forum due to my recent loss of Pumpkin as well as other personal commitments. I will pop back on the forum when I feel okay to do so and when I have time.

24th September 2016 – 29th June 2018 (approximately 1 year and 11 month old)

I feel so lucky to have this photo of Pumpkin’s pawprints – this was taken when I was ill and couldn’t get Pumpkin out in the evening she did evening she could that evening when throwing her hamtrum – even paddling in your water bowl!

Here is a a few collages made up of some of favourite photos of Pumpkin ...

cypher
06-29-2018, 09:31 AM
I'm so very sorry SKB, I'm shocked & saddened to hear this & I can only imagine how hard this must be for you, huge hugs. It's a terrible shock when this happens so suddenly & unexpectedly but you couldn't have done more for her, it was her time & you did everything you could for her.
Pumpkin was a beautiful girl & a great character, you had a wonderful bond with her & she had a truly great life with you, such a lovely memorial to your very special girl, she has left you with so many memories to treasure.
It was such a pleasure to share in her life, thank you & Pumpkin for that, she will be missed here by many & never forgotten.

Run free & play well at the bridge Pumpkin.

Coco61
06-29-2018, 09:48 AM
Oh no SKB, I could not believe the thread title and what I was going to read about the loss of your beloved Pumpkin. Such a sudden loss is hard to understand and process. Pumpkin was a good age but I am truely sorry she did not reach her second birthday, something we would all have enjoyed too, sending lovely messages.
In truth she had a wonderful life with you, full of love and fun and laughter. Your photos of her were an absolute joy. They will make you smile again one day because she would want you to. Wonderful memories of a very special girl indeed.
Play well at the bridge Pumpkin. Whatever happened, you are now in full health again and full of mischief with your friends. Remember Mum is missing you and send her a sign of comfort to show you are well.
Hugs to you in this difficult time SKB. You need a break from HC you say, but don't be gone for too long as you will be much missed here.

BorisPasha
06-30-2018, 05:14 AM
I couldn't believe when I read yesterday evening that your beautiful and cheeky Pumpkin had gone to the bridge. What a terrible shock for you and my heart goes out to you SKB.

There was never a dull moment with Pumpkin, she was always so full of life, a wonderful bundle of energy and cheeky determination. She never failed to make me smile and, so often laugh with all her crazy mischief. Pumpkin was a beautiful girl and she was very lucky to have you, although I'm sure you feel just as lucky to have had her in your life.

I will miss Pumpkin terribly but I'm sure she'll be well looked after by her sisters and friends, creating her own merry mayhem in true Pumpkin style. Thank you so much SKB for sharing her with us.

Have fun at the bridge Pumpkin xx

Huge hugs to you SKB xx

Thin Lizzy
06-30-2018, 12:24 PM
Dear SKB, I'm numb with shock at this thread about your beautiful Princess Pumpkin. Sobbed my heart out and had to take time out before posting.
Your vet is right, you did all you could, these things happen quickly and take us by surprise leaving us in total shock.
Your tribute to your wonderful girl is beautiful and I know she'll be forever remembered for her posing and expressions. I always smiled from ear to ear everytime you updated her thread. I will miss Pumpkin so much, she gave me so many laughs. We all felt your love and bond you both shared.
Sending you love and hugs and that I'm thinking of you. I understand you taking some time away from the forum but, I want you to know I'm here should you need to talk anytime. XXXX

souffle
06-30-2018, 01:16 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss SKB. It was a terrible shock to read your post today. Pumpkin was a really special hamster and her charisma brightened up all our lives. She will be so very much missed.
You take care and I hope in time your memories will be of comfort.
Play well at the bridge Pumpkin xx

SKB_Hamsters
07-01-2018, 07:19 AM
Thank you so much Cypher, Boris Pasha, Thin Lizzy and Souffle for you lovely messages and support during this very difficult and sad time. I still can’t believe that everything happen so suddenly - but I was grateful that Pumpkin did pass away whilst at work also when I got home from work she greeted me before she quickly began to go downhill. I still wished that there was a way to get my amazing Pumpkin back but I know she will forever be in my garden and every time I walk past where she buried I tell her I love and miss her.

Yesterday, I decided to still go into work although I really didn’t want to as I was so distraught from losing Pumpkin but decided it would be a good to get out the house so I didn’t have to keep seeing Pumpkin Palace with a vital piece missing. When I got home from work I decided to go through all of Pumpkins things working out what could be sanitised and throw away. It something which helps me feel closer to Pumpkin as well as certain toys brought back so many wonderful memories which I will forever cherish.

What I’m finding the most difficult is the change in my usual routine especially 8:30pm would be the tIme Pumpkin got to come out for her evening cuddles and playtime - so it hits me when I realise that she isn’t going to be waiting for me.

I thought I would share these collages that I had planned to share this week composed of the final photos I took of Pumpkin and her last every cage theme in her DIY which was built espe for her.

I also realised I missed a photo of my collages in my memorial post - the photo which won Pumpkin Hamster of the Month for June 2017. I also want to thank you everyone who have voted for Pumpkin entry in any of the HOM contest I entered her into as it really means a lot to me right now and knowing that I have so many creative photos inspired by HOM

Initially I thought a break from the forum would be a good idea at this moment in time however I am finding the forum very comforting to read at the moment (which I couldn’t bare doing when I lost Sherbet). So I still plan to be active on the forum although still might not be able to post as often as I would like.

cypher
07-01-2018, 07:43 AM
Lovely to see these last photos of your beautiful Pumpkin, SKB, really touching & I hope they bring you comfort, it is so hard I know, they leave such a huge hole in our lives adjusting to the change & not having that routine is difficult but it will get easier with time.
I'm glad you're finding the forum a comfort too, we're all here for you, hugs.

SKB_Hamsters
07-01-2018, 08:00 AM
Thank you cypher, it so lovely having access to a wonderful forum like HC at a time like this and having the support is really comforting. Its so wonderful to have captured so many special moments with my camera as I will have these photos to forever remind me of what an incredible girl Pumpkin was. I always find adjusting to a new routine so difficult - but like you say it does get easier with time. I am pleased you enjoyed the last photos of Pumpkin - I was looking forward to sharing them on her thread this week before she passed away so it sad I'm sharing them in her memorial thread.

Coco61
07-01-2018, 10:30 AM
Wonderful photos of Pumpkin, SKB and that HOM winner was always a stunner. A real stand out photo. I loved it then and am so glad you posted it here again in Pumpkin's memory.
Such a character so it is not surprising you are finding it hard. We will all miss her.

Scarlett Empress
07-01-2018, 10:41 AM
I am so sorry to hear that Pumpkin has passed away, she was a beautiful girl. Your photos of her are beautiful and I hope will be a comfort to you as you look back on happy memories.

I do think that being on this forum is a great help, it is so good to be able to talk about our much loved and much missed pets with people who really understand how it feels xxx

livedinhogwarts
07-01-2018, 10:45 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss SKB. Pumpkin was such a sweet beautiful hamster and seeing the last photos of her is really touching. The love you have for her and your bond with her is so clear, and I'm sure she feels your love shining down on her. My heart really goes out to you during this difficult time. I hope that the happy memories you shared with her will be comforting to you.

RIP Pumpkin xx You were so special and full of such bubbly personality. You will be missed by all.

superhammygirl
07-01-2018, 01:05 PM
I am so sorry.
you were a great owner.
I am sure pumpkin had a wonderful life and is now happy resting
R.I.P pumpkin.

Thin Lizzy
07-02-2018, 01:47 AM
Thank you SKB for letting us into Pumpkin's life, the joy she brought to me was huge, I always loved logging on and getting updates but, what I loved the most was your amazing bond, the photo shoots, your little girl's expressions and poses always made me giggle, she stole my heart and melted it over and over.
She'll be forever loved and never forgotten. Gone too soon xxx

Ruth Edwards
07-05-2018, 01:58 AM
Pumpkin was so lucky to find you, SKB. I enjoyed your posts so much, she had a lovely relationship with you. I wish you the best for the future and hope you can give another animal this much love in the future. xxx Ruth

Razor
07-05-2018, 06:17 AM
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about Pumpkin SKB. I just saw this thread right now, and had to read it twice to digest it. She was a wonderful little ham and I'm so glad that she had spent her time with you, and you've poured her with all the love and care of the world. I'm sure she feels the same as she looks down with her loving eyes from across the bridge.
Run free at the bridge Pumpkin. You will be missed by all of us.

Josie
07-05-2018, 07:57 AM
I am so sorry to hear that Pumpkin has passed away, such lovely photos of Pumpkin and such a lovely memorial to such a special little girl. Play well at the Bridge Pumpkin hugs to you xxxxxx :(

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is not to die"

SKB_Hamsters
07-05-2018, 09:57 AM
Thank you Scarlett Empress, livedinhogwarts, superhammygirl, Thin Lizzy, Ruth Edwards, Razor and Josie all your lovely messages they really do mean a lot. I am still finding it very difficult and upsetting not having my amazing Pumpkin around as I can’t explain in words how much she meant to be and she also made up a big part of my life and daily routine. The realisation that tomorrow will mark a week since she left for the bridge is very sad - but I talk to her when I’m in my garden so she will never be too far from me. I feel so lucky to have some many photos to mark our time together albeit it the time we spent together was a little shorter than I had imagined or hoped for these thousands of photos I have of her will always be a wonderful reminder of our time shared together.

It hard to see Pumpkin Palace empty as her cage as it in my eye-line when I’m in bed - so waking up seeing her cage empty does make me emotional. Especially as I made the cage specially for her.

I know with time it will get easier and by having this amazing forum as a support network is a big help to me. So I can’t thank you all enough for your being hear for me during this tough time!

Sasha04
07-05-2018, 07:07 PM
I’m so sorry to hear about Pumkin SKB. Pumkin was such a lucky girl to be able to taken home by such a lovely person. She will be missed by all us, hugs to you!

Play well at the bridge with your fellow troublemakers, Pumkin.

Fluffagrams
07-06-2018, 03:20 PM
I was so sorry to hear this news SKB. It doesn’t feel like we get enough time with them sometimes.

Pumpkin was a beautiful girl and thank you for sharing her with us.

SKB_Hamsters
07-16-2018, 04:58 AM
Thank you Sasha04 and fluffagrams, Pumpkin is still very much missed but I know her and my other girls are having lots of fun together now.

Pebbles82
07-16-2018, 04:35 PM
Dear SKB

I am sorry I have only just seen this - it's been a busy time recently. Such a shock about Pumpkin - she was a wonderful beautiful girl - I am so sorry. Yes losing the usual routine makes things so much harder. All I can say is I am glad her time was not long and painful and that she is now playing free - she had a loving owner and a happy life. But you must miss her terribly xxx

BluerayDarkes
07-19-2018, 02:52 PM
I'm terribly sorry for your loss, you did all you could. Play well at the bridge Pumpkin, I miss your jazz hands

dreamtree1234
07-27-2018, 10:12 AM
Oh no, I am so, SO sorry SKB! I'm in total shock and can't stop crying as I am typing this. My heart and mind didn't want to accept that your lovely, cheeky, and most amazing Pumpkin had passed to the bridge so I read your beautifully touching and heartfelt memorial to your heart-ham twice so I could fully grasp the thought of her heartbreaking passing. I'm so extremely sorry that I haven't posted on Pumpkin's memorial thread sooner, but I was away on vacation for several weeks and just returned home a couple of days ago so I wasn't checking HC for quite some time. All of her photo collages including her final one and cage setups were amazing as always, and it was great to see Pumpkin in all of her glory doing what she loved best. She was so lucky to have you as her most devoted, loving mum just as you were so blessed to have her in your life brightening all of your days. Your loving relationship with one another was truly exceptional and your many photos of her are treasures that will bring you joy and comfort. Pumpkin is now your fluffy, guardian angel sending you whisker kisses from the bridge and watching over you with love. She will be with you in your heart and memories always. SKB, thank you so much for sharing her wonderful life and gorgeous, cute pics with all of us. Pumpkin was always so full of loads of fun, mischief, and silly antics. I fell totally in love with her from the very beginning, and she was always so extra special. Her incredibly loving bond with you was truly evident and so extremely touching. She was truly an absolutely unforgettable ham with infinite charisma and charm. I was always so excited to see all of your gorgeous Pumpkin's updates and pics on her entertaining and beloved thread. Pumpkin's personality and expressions always managed to brighten my days, make me beam from ear to ear, and make me laugh; she will be greatly missed by all of us here on HC. She was truly loved by all of us, and she will live on in our hearts because she has touched us all. I am sending you my deepest condolences, and my heart goes out to you during this very sad time. We are always here for you, SKB. I am sending you HUGE hugs from me and TONS of whisker kisses from Eros, too.

RIP, darling Pumpkin. May you find plenty of great adventures and infinite amounts of mealworms at the bridge. Have the grandest of times with all of your hamster pals and my Snickers who passed before you. You will live on in all of our hearts. You were truly one of a kind and dear to all of our hearts; we love and miss you so. Please send the most gorgeous rainbow down to your most amazing mum who loves and misses you dearly.

Jeanbird7
07-27-2018, 05:38 PM
So sorry for your loss. No doubt she was loved, and a ham for the camera as well. Beautiful pictures.

SKB_Hamsters
08-01-2018, 06:39 AM
Thank you Serendipty7000, BluerayDarkes, dreamtree1234 and Jeanbird7 I do still miss her terribly she had such a special personality which can never be replaced and will forever hold a firm place in my heart beside all my hamsters. Your sweet replies really mean a lot. I still have days were I still find things difficult but remembering all the amazing times we shared together and seeing her personality shine though in photos really help as I was lucky to have her in my life even though she wasn't with me as long as I hoped.

Just wanted to Thank everyone who has posted in Pumpkin's memorial thread - I am so grateful for your lovely replies and they have been a great help in the grieving process. Its lovely that my Pumpkin touched so many hearts from her thread and I really enjoyed sharing everyone of her adventures with you all. Pumpkin will never be forgotten as we can always revisit her thread. So thank you again!