PDA

View Full Version : Goodnight Marty McVitie

Scarlett Empress
06-15-2018, 05:10 AM
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8310/28639242362_af8e31df3a_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/KCKAYJ)

I had to have Marty PTS this morning. It was her second Gotcha Day on 11th June, and I was told she was 9 weeks old when I got her, so I'm happy she had a good run.

The vet said she may have had a womb infection or a tumour - either way I did not want her messed about at her age, I wanted her to go peacefully and with dignity.

I will miss her so much, she was such a little character.

She is now buried in my garden - I have some miniature garden settings where UI photograph my 1/3 scale dolls, so I chose to bury her in one of these. She is under some decking that I stand a swing seat on, it's up a peaceful corner surrounded by plants.

souffle
06-15-2018, 05:51 AM
I am so very sorry for your loss. Such a little beauty and so full of character she will be much missed.
Run free at the bridge Marty Mc Vitie xx

Josie
06-15-2018, 07:00 AM
So sorry for your loss, such a beautiful little girl, play well at the bridge Marty McVitie hugs to you xxxx :(

"The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world, but it will change the world for that one animal"

dreamtree1234
06-15-2018, 07:29 AM
I am terribly sorry for the your loss of beloved Marty. She was such magnificent and lovely ham with so much personality and charm. She had a long life filled with so much happiness and love, and I'm sure you have so many greatest memories of her to help you through this very sad and emotional time. Her paw prints will forever be in your heart. Her final resting place sounds absolutely lovely. Huge hugs to you.

RIP, gorgeous Marty! May your adventures be grand at the bridge. You will be greatly missed.

Scarlett Empress
06-15-2018, 07:53 AM
Thank you so much soufflé, Josie and dreamtree1234, I am sure Marty will be causing mayhem at the bridge right now!

The vet said she was beautiful, which was lovely of her. I have been looking through her photos this afternoon - a lot of them are of Marty stuffing her face, as that is the only time she sat still! Lots of happy memories.

cypher
06-15-2018, 08:15 AM
So sorry for your loss, Marty was such a lovely girl I'm sure she will be very sadly missed but she had a good long life full of love with you, so many happy memories to treasure as she lives on in your heart.

Run free & play well at the bridge Marty McVitie.

HamsterHugger777
06-15-2018, 08:17 AM
I'm sorry for your loss, she really was a beautiful hamster x

Coco61
06-15-2018, 11:06 AM
Very sorry to hear that Marty has gone to the bridge. Fabulous photo of her to start the memorial. Gorgeous girl and full of character I remember. Wonderful memories to make you smile. Play well at the bridge Marty and find Smokey to have fun together.

Pebbles82
06-15-2018, 11:58 PM
I am sorry to hear of your loss of Marty - she was an amazing, active and funny character and was lucky to have an owner who made her an amazing habitat. I can't believe she was nearly two! Time flies. She is playing free at the rainbow bridge now.

Scarlett Empress
06-17-2018, 10:57 AM
Thank you cypher, HamsterHugger777, Coco61 and Serendipity7000. It's a great comfort that she had a long life. It's a nice thought that she has found Smokey to play with - she is only buried a few feet away from Marty.

I am missing her loads but have been cleaning out her cage and getting it set up for when I can welcome another hamster home, I don't think I will manage to go long without a little furry in my life!

BorisPasha
06-19-2018, 03:53 AM
Awww I'm so sorry to hear about Marty :(

Have fun at the bridge Marty x

Scarlett Empress
06-19-2018, 12:45 PM
Thank you BorisPasha - I am sure she is creating havoc at the bridge!

My friend's daughter's little dwarf hamster, Primrose, died today - she got her round about the same time that I got Marty, so we are hoping they have found each other there.

dreamtree1234
06-19-2018, 02:58 PM
I'm so sorry to about Primrose's passing, too. Hopefully, Marty and Primrose have found one another and are playing happily together at the bridge. RIP, Primrose.

Thin Lizzy
06-25-2018, 04:59 AM
So sad to hear about your beautiful girl, she had a such a cute, cheeky and innocent face. You can't help but smile at her.
Big Hugs to you xxx

SKB_Hamsters
07-01-2018, 08:09 AM
I am so sorry to hear that Marty has gone to the bridge. Marty was absolutely gorgeous and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing every photo you took of her as they really captured her wonderful personality. I'm sure she will be having fun at the bridge!

Play well at the Bridge Marty!

livedinhogwarts
07-01-2018, 11:04 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Marty. She was such a beautiful hammy and seemed so playful. RIP Marty xx Run free and play well at the bridge