PDA

View Full Version : Connecting Bin Cage to Habitrail system

charminglochie
01-16-2010, 10:57 AM
Hi,
I am new and hoping someone can give me some advice. When we first bought Robert the Syrian we bought a Habitrail Ovo Pad and Maze and then realised that of course it was way too small for him. So we've made him a bin cage following everyones wonderful advice on here. However, I would like to be able to connect the bin cage to the habitrail add ons using the habitrail tubes and was wondering if anyone could advice me on how to do that?
Thanks for any replies,
Kelly

Flissy
01-16-2010, 01:09 PM
Hi welcome to the forum!

Bin cages are great - this is the one I used to use as I wanted to extend Sausage's cage:

http://felicitywigmore.webs.com/IMG_3933.JPG

I just got my dad to cut a hole in the bin cage roughly the size of the tubes I was using and threaded the tubes through the hole :)

annie81
01-16-2010, 01:27 PM
amazing work flissy...btw my herbert looks exactly like your sausage ;-)

charminglochie
01-16-2010, 02:50 PM
THat is an excellent set up!! I'm going to get Roberts done asap but we're still waiting for some more habitrail tubes and the habitrail playground to arrive.

littlepeanut
01-16-2010, 03:05 PM
Where do you get the extension bit that comes out of the cage? The part that fits on the opening which the tubes go into?

I'm not making much sense, am I?

Flissy
01-16-2010, 03:09 PM
Where do you get the extension bit that comes out of the cage? The part that fits on the opening which the tubes go into?

I'm not making much sense, am I?

Ummm no lol! Do you mean the yellow square bits I have on the blue cage which the tubes connect to? :confused:

littlepeanut
01-16-2010, 03:22 PM
Yeah, the yellow square that is attached to the roof of the Ham Heaven, the tube connector bit...

annie81
01-16-2010, 03:25 PM
shouldnt that come with a "tube"-cage?? when i bought my criteci 15 it had those square bits on it

Flissy
01-16-2010, 04:03 PM
shouldnt that come with a "tube"-cage?? when i bought my criteci 15 it had those square bits on it

yeah it does come with cages like the savic peggy and hamster heaven, you can buy them separately though from pets at home - i had to order one as i broke one once :)