PDA

View Full Version : See you later, Cosette

heidiblooms
05-24-2018, 09:24 PM
Two days ago my oldest hamster, Cosette passed away. She was very old and despite knowing that this day was coming, I didn't want to say goodbye to her. I picked her up and she couldn't even walk. She was cold to the touch and I wrapped her up in a warm piece of fleece so I could spend some more time with her. She got to have some scrambled eggs and watered down honey, two of her absolute favorite special treats before she passed.
I miss her dearly, and I think my other hams know that mommy hasn't been feeling too well. If anyone has any kind words to say or something encouraging that would be really sweet. Feel free to share any happy stories about your little furry friends, too. :(

cypher
05-24-2018, 10:13 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss, it sounds as though you had a great bond with Cosette & her life was full of love leaving you with lots of wonderful memories to cherish forever.

Run free & play well at the bridge Cosette.

souffle
05-25-2018, 04:06 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. She sounds to have had a long and happy life though and has made lots of lovely memories for you to treasure.
Play well at the bridge Cosette x

IamKat
05-25-2018, 05:57 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's a privilege to get to know and love our ham friends and it sounds like you made the most of your time with Cosette. I'm sure she knew how much you cared for her and it's wonderful that she was able to enjoy her favourite treats once more before she passed - what a lovely thing to do for her. It's devastating to lose a friend nonetheless and I'm sorry it was her time to go xxx

HamsterHugger777
05-25-2018, 12:25 PM
I'm sorry for your loss, bless Cosette, she sounded like she was very lucky to have you looking after her, she's at peace now xx

dreamtree1234
05-25-2018, 01:12 PM
I am so very sorry that your beloved Cosette went to the bridge. Regardless of how long we have with our little ones, it never is long enough. She had a wonderful, long life filled with so much love from you, and I am sure that you have tons of precious memories of your time together to remember her by. It was good that she had another opportunity to have cuddles from you and enjoy her favorite treats once more, and I know she would have felt truly loved and comforted being with you at the end. My heart goes out to you. May you gain comfort from your other hammies during this time. Hugs to you. RIP, darling Cosette. May your strength and full health be restored to you at the bridge, and may you have tons of grand adventures there, too.