PDA

View Full Version : Pj :(

flogging_molly
01-04-2010, 02:02 AM
http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz229/benjerat/hamster/STA41761.jpg This morning i found PJ, she had escaped and one of my cats had got to her :( I feel so bad, the cage door was wide open when I looked at her cage and it definitely wasn't like that earlier. I feel awful about it cause i knew she was a bit of a houdini, her last cage she was in from the girl I rescued her from had a giant hole in it from where she had chewed the water bottle hole bigger. I just feel absolutely numb, I know i can't blame the cats, and i suppose it just goes to show anyone who has rodents and cats how the cats will always be natural predators and it's so important to be vigilant. I dunno what else to say, I am going to miss her so so much, I will never be able to see what a character she grows up to be

souffle
01-04-2010, 05:12 AM
So sorry to hear that Flogging molly. Poor PJ. :(
We just will not let the cats in the same room as the hamsters.

Tish36
01-04-2010, 05:13 AM
Oh no, poor PJ :(
Rest in Peace :(
I hope you feel much better soon x

flogging_molly
01-04-2010, 01:15 PM
thats whats worse about it, the door is almost always closed, but this flat has many quirks such as doors which have a little gap (big enough for a hamster to squeeze through) if it didn't have that she may have been caught and saved :(

Bailey-Benji
01-05-2010, 08:48 AM
Sorry for your loss x

babyboos
01-05-2010, 03:25 PM
even with the door closed if a houdini gets out the room what is a cat to do but what comes natural

do you think the cat opened the cage as well or was it pj

hamsters just don't realise we have them in their cages for thier own good :confused:

flogging_molly
01-06-2010, 02:54 AM
i reckon it was PJ, which is why i'm kicking myself about it cause i should have known to zip tie it or something, she was a real houdini

Fidgetthefirst
01-06-2010, 04:54 AM
So sorry :( bUt dont take it out on yourself - these things happen.

suga
01-06-2010, 09:29 AM
Sleep well little one. Sorry for the loss :-(

babyboos
01-06-2010, 04:09 PM
yeah but then she may have chewed through the cable tie or something if she wanted out she would have got i am sure

dont blame yourself and dont blame the cats :-)