PDA

View Full Version : Bin Cage Stacking! plz answer!

Skwee
12-01-2005, 09:50 AM
Ok. This is going to sound really odd and i'm sure it's been thought of and ruled out...

But you know how great bin cages are? That they are good for size and design etc? Well what if you have millions of hamsters or are breeding them and want bin cages but don't have room to fit them all in...

Would it not be possible to use the drawers? you see like the bin cages but are usually 3 'bins' as pull out drawers? they can be the same length and depth as normal bins but pre stacked and easier to pull out...

All that needs doing is to replace the front of the drawer with mesh and ta-da. Three bin cages that can easily be put somewhere and look a lot neater!!

Am i being stupid or is this posible? I know some of the drawers aren't compatible with that idea.. like too shallow or something but after browsing about, some look really good and to be honest, i can't think of any bad points about using the drawers that dont apply to the 'wonderful' bin cages that people are already using!

Just want your thoughts on this!!

Emma
12-01-2005, 01:46 PM
I've often thought this!!! But never seen any big enough to justify it. One of the big advantages of bin cages is that you can give your pet a decent sized living space - I've never seen a set of drawers that would give any more floorspace than a standard wire cage.

Skwee
12-01-2005, 02:26 PM
see thats what i thought... but i found some (can't for the life of my find them again, might have been homebase)

where the draws are long, about a meter long!! not so wide... but in the end... it is the same as a normal hamster cage and if they have a enough stimulus or stimuli? :? such as toys and wheels etc... i think it would be ok, especially if it was dwarfs etc.

nooboo
12-01-2005, 04:31 PM
i was half thinking of getting my brother to bulid me something, he does woodwork, some sort of fram that i could put runners on so my big tubs could be pulled in and out , and stoond up say three or four high... but he really lives too far away mmust bribe him and christmas

i am sure it would be ok for dwarfs, even syrians if you can find them big enough