PDA

View Full Version : The big weekend - TWO Hamster Shows 10th/11th December

babyboos
11-28-2005, 05:15 PM
The Hamster Society (http://www.hamsoc.org.uk)

(Affiliated to the British Hamster Association)

Presents an open show on Saturday December 10th 2005

At Rocky Lane Methodist Church, Rocky Lane, Perry Barr Birmingham

Show Secretary: Bill Greig, Elhannan, 48 Howburn Rd., Thurso, Caithness, KW14 7ND Tel. (01847) 894 985 [email protected]

Syrian Judge: Andrew Bryan

Book Steward: Volunteers required

Dwarf Judge: Anne Dray

Book Steward: Volunteers required

Pen Steward: Morag MacLachlan (Hamster Central's very own babyboos :wink: )

Doors open at 10:30am

Judging at 11:30 am

Pet Class Judging 1pm

Hot and Cold refreshments. This is our Christmas Show so there will be more to see and do. Competitions etc.

Syrian Classes:

(Classes 1-4 to include Rex, Classes 5 - 8 to include Rex and Satin)

Shorthaired:

1. Self

2. Agouti

3. Patterned

4. Satin

Longhaired:

5. Self Male

6. Self Female

7. Non-self Male

8. Non-self Female

9. Junior (Entrant to be under 16)

10. Small Hamstery (Entrant not to have more than 12 Syrian Hamsters)

11. Novice (Entrant not to have won more than 3 firsts at separate shows under BHA rules in classes of 4 or more)

12. Breeders

13. Grand Challenge

14. Non Standard

15. Pet Hamster Class

Dwarf Classes:

D1. Chinese

D2. Campbell's *

D3. Winter White **

D4. Non-standard

D5. Junior ***

D6. Novice ****

D7. Breeders

D8. Small Hamstery

D9. Grand Challenge

* (Normal, Albino & Red-Eyed Argente)

** (inc. Pearl & Sapphire)

*** Entrant to be under 16

**** Entrant not to have won more than 3 firsts at separate shows under BHA rules in classes of 4 or more

SP1 Special Pets Class (Any small mammal guinea pig size or less.)

Entry Fees:

Classes 1-8, D1-D4: 40p

Classes 9-14, D5-D9: 20p

Classes 15 and SP1 50p

No prize money - there are cards to fourth place and rosettes for 1st place in each class. Framed certificate for Best In Show. All Syrian & Dwarf classes MUST be shown in “Hagen” type carrying boxes, a quantity of which are available for hire, but must be arranged in advance of the show. All animals to be shown on wood pelleted cat litter. A small piece of fresh fruit or vegetable and dog biscuit should be available throughout the day.

Directions to the show:-

From M6 junction 7 take the A34 towards Birmingham.

After about 1 mile you will come to a large crossroads with traffic lights and the Scott Arms pub forward right. Go straight through these traffic lights.

After about 0.5 mile you will come to another crossroads with traffic lights and a Bingo hall (old cinema) forward right. Go straight through these lights.

Go down the dual carriageway for about half a mile pulling across to the right hand lane where you need to turn right at the traffic lights by some shops where the Crematorium is on your left. This is Rocky Lane.

If you come to a flyover before you turn onto Rocky Lane you have gone too far!

The church is on the left hand side of Rocky Lane on the corner of the 2nd left hand turning – which is Lavendon road. The Church has a small car park to its left and there is road side parking.

We don’t know the post code of the Church but no 66 Lavendon Road is B42 1QG – you may be able to find the church on the internet via this postcode as it is situated on the corner of Lavendon Road and Rocky Lane.

Please note, Hamster and other small livestock sales and hamster related items are allowed at this show. 10% of all sales proceeds to go to HAMSOC. All hamsters sold must be provided with a strong container to go home in, details of breed, birth date and background and the sellers name.

Prizes for hamster hamper raffle and ordinary raffle appreciated

And if this wasn't enough my other Club - The Northern Hamster Club (http://www.northernhamsterclub.com) are holding their Christmas Show the following day in Penistone near Sheffield.

Start time: 11:50 Duration: 4 Hours For more details please phone Sue, the Show Manager on (01226)218439 or email Ken, the chairperson at [email protected]

Emma
11-29-2005, 05:26 AM
Ooooh.....I could get to this, its about 2 hours away. Then I could finally meet you IRL and get to play at a hamster show too!

Happy to volunteer as book steward - who do I volunteer to?

babyboos
11-29-2005, 06:30 AM
To meet another fellow Hamster Central member would be amazing :P Have sent you a PM :wink:

nooboo
11-29-2005, 10:58 AM
if I can find a lift to the Northen one I will be there - I am now a member!!

souffle
11-30-2005, 06:20 AM
We will be at Northern. It's the member's Christmas party too so hope to see you there Nooboo

littlemissdwarfhamster
11-30-2005, 08:03 AM
I will be at the Northern one too :)

babyboos
11-30-2005, 09:40 AM
Well guys looks I will be at both but no hamsters!!!!

I was house sitting (in Livingston) on the 7th to look after a friend's cats for the evening and then planned to go home on Thursday night get the guys primped and then on Friday night into their travel pens, ready to drive down to Birmingham on Saturday morning. My other half is working night shift in Glasgow Wednesday, Thursday and Friday nights so he is staying there - I was going to drive past Glasgow on my way to Birmingham and pick him up... Was all a bit tight timewise - especially the drive to Birmingham as it is 350 miles from Glasgow but we could have done it until... I have to go on a training course Thursday and Friday in East Kilbride which is south of Glasgow and noway can I go home each night from there it is just too far, and no way can I have hamsters living in my car in this weather, and I have had really bad experiences with hamsters and hotels in the past - they just wont let them in, plus it would not be fair to have them in travel pens from Tuesday night until Monday morning. I hate more than 24 hours personally. So disappointed as this is the Christmas shows and probably one of the only times I will get to a Northern Show because they don't usually fall the same weekend as the HAMSOC shows. Pretty disappointed but if I didn't have my job I couldn't have my hamsters so I will just have to get over it and coo over all your hamsters instead. Hope this makes sense I am a bit stressed with trying to work out where and when I am going to be over the coming weeks.

souffle
11-30-2005, 09:54 AM
Ahh Babyboos it will be great to meet you anyway and I hope you don't go home with lots of hams!!! We don't like the hams in the travel pens for more than a few hours and the show pens give us heart attacks as I'm sure they can;t like it much!!! Are you coming to the Bradford show in Harrowgate in January?

babyboos
11-30-2005, 01:26 PM
I use 35 litre storage bins as travel pens so it isn't quite as bad as transporting them all that way in their show Hagens like some people do :twisted: but I will bring a couple of empty ones as I am due to get a couple of hamsters down there and I am staying with friends rather than hotels while in England. I hope to be in Harrogate in January - I have plenty of holidays saved up to get another long weekend it just depends what shifts Jules is on as he has to do most of the driving, again I have family in Skipton and surrounding area so can do an overnighter or two.

Muddles
12-07-2005, 10:38 AM
Booo I could get to the birmingham one no problem but my fiance has secondered this weekend for christmas shopping and getting his hair cut n things. I wonder if I could persuade him. (rubs hands together)

I would love to go to a hamster show and I would love to show blossom as she is so pretty.

Hey ho.

Lisa x