PDA

View Full Version : Run forever free sweet Zen

cypher
11-06-2017, 12:07 AM
My very precious Zen has lost her fight against the kidney disease that she’s had for some time now & gone to sleep for the final time.
She had been very quiet for the last few days & hasn’t wanted to come out much for a while but was still having a run in her wheel & would run up my sleeve, have a little explore inside my top, come out under my chin to give me whisker kisses then settle herself down under my arm to eat her seeds, I am going to miss that, so very much I'm going to miss.
Yesterday I didn’t see her in the morning or hear her digging around underground as usual & when she didn’t come out for her veg in the evening I knew in my heart that she had gone to the bridge.
I found her sleeping in her little house looking very peaceful so I’m hoping she didn’t suffer at the end, I wish I could have been there for her though.
There is so much to say about her life & the time we had together, her wonderful contribution to my life but I’m lost for words really, nothing I can say will pay tribute to the very special & unique girl she was or how much love she gave me.
Her life was far too short but I hope she knew how much I love her & that her life was a happy one.
She will live forever in my heart & I know with time her lasting presence there will heal the pain but for now I just feel broken & totally devastated.
She will be buried in the garden later today & I will choose a memorial for a lasting tribute.

Run free & play well at the bridge my special girl, dig, burrow & build mountains to your hearts content.
I will always love you so very much sweetheart.

So many good times to remember that it’s hard to choose a few photos for her memorial.

Rads
11-06-2017, 12:14 AM
Cypher,
I am so sorry to hear about Zen, hope she meets up with so many of the others that have passed from here and has mountains of fun getting up to all sorts of mischief..
Ghost and I send you an e-hug..

Fluffagrams
11-06-2017, 02:17 AM
I’m so sorry to hear of your precious girl’s passing. It was a pleasure getting to know her through your posts here and I’ll miss reading about all her antics and seeing her sweet little face in your photos.

Sleep well little one. x

Pygmypuff
11-06-2017, 02:36 AM
Cypher,

This is a really beautiful and touching tribute to a really beautiful girl. She has left a little paw print on all of our hearts, and she will never be forgotten.

Take care of yourself and hold on to the wonderful memories you have with here x

Hamsterita
11-06-2017, 04:18 AM
I couldn't believe the news when I read them, and neither I wanted to do it.
Zen was a lovely and beautiful ham, and I can't imagine how much you are going to miss her. But I hope you'll find some comfort knowing that she will remain forever in our hearts thanks to you sharing her adventures and mischiefs. I know she had a beautiful life because there aren't many moms as devoted as you are.
Take care, and think that now she is free of any pain that she could have.

Again, rest in peace little Zen

cypher
11-06-2017, 06:35 AM
Thank you so much for the kind words & support Rads, Fluffagrams, Pygmypuff & Hamsterita, I really appreciate it & it means a lot.

I've buried her now, the finality of it is pretty awful, I had her in her carrier in my bedroom & now expect to see her in there almost as much as I expect to see her in her cage, she's left such a huge void but so many special memories too & I know it will get easier with time.

She looked very peaceful, so beautiful too, she still had such a lovely shine to her coat & just looked as though she was sleeping peacefully, I wrapped her in her corner crush & put her in the little house on top of a nice bed of fitch.
One of the garden robins has taken up station there now & is watching over her for me.
I've ordered her memorial & I know how much better I'll feel when I have that for her.

velma
11-06-2017, 08:48 AM
Oh cypher, I'm so sorry to read about Zen. Failing kidneys is hard because there isn't much to be done. I remember with Hector, I tweaked his diet but after that it's a bit of a waiting game. And when it's such a special ham who you've had such a close bond with, it's even harder. Play well little one x

Pebbles82
11-06-2017, 09:56 AM
I am so sorry about Zen. She was a beautiful girl. But I'm glad her passing was peaceful in her nest. xxx

Coco61
11-06-2017, 12:26 PM
Oh no cypher, when I saw the thread title my heart sank and went out to you.
Zen was such a sweet girl and those photos you have chosen are heartmelting.
I know how you are feeling now and my condolences at this hard time.
Relieved she passed peacefully in her nest like Mocho.
Run free at the bridge sweet Zen and find comfort with your hamily there.

souffle
11-06-2017, 01:24 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss Cypher. What a stunning girl and a true heartham she was to you. Take her in your heart now and hold her close as she will always rest there now.
Play well at the bridge sweet Zen and wait, where time has no meaning. till your mama comes home to you x

SKB_Hamsters
11-06-2017, 03:54 PM
I am deeply saddened to see this thread, I am so very sorry cypher to hear that Zen has gone to the bridge. She was extremely lucky to have an amazing loving home with you. Zen was a beautiful girl and those pictures of her really show of her special personality really well. My condolences go out to you during this very sad time.
Play well at the bridge Zen.

Thin Lizzy
11-06-2017, 08:07 PM
Heartbroken reading this Cypher, I can't believe your radiant, gorgeous girl has gone, I know she had her kidney problems but Zen was a little trooper who oozed beauty and confidence. So pleased she went in her sleep in her nest.
Big Hugs to you xxx

cypher
11-06-2017, 10:54 PM
velma thank you, it is hard with kidney problems being able to do so little to help & Zen’s passing wasn’t entirely unexpected but I had hoped we would have a little more time together at least I know she won’t suffer now & is at peace.

Thanks Serendipity.

Cocoa thank you, I really am missing her but it is a comfort to know that she went peacefully in her nest like Mocho did, it makes the grief just a little easier.

Souffle, thank you so much for your kind words, that was really touching.

SKB & Lizzy thank you both so much for your kind words & support, it means a lot.

flowerfairy
11-07-2017, 08:27 AM
Rest in peace lovely Zen.

I am so sorry for your loss cypher. Bless her.

BorisPasha
11-07-2017, 11:08 AM
I know we have spoken already but I still want to leave my condolences and pay my erespects here to Zen.

Zen you were a beautiful girl, so full of character. I loved to hear how you were getting on at what you'd been getting up to and seeing your bright little face. I'll always remember you and your adventures in the hamousine with Artie. Have fun at the bridge Zen xx

Sending some more hugs to you cypher xx

CMB
11-07-2017, 11:39 AM
Sorry to hear about Zen. She was a lovely hamster. Play well at the bridge.

Josie
11-07-2017, 03:21 PM
So sorry to hear about Zen, Cypher she was such a beautiful little girl, play well at the bridge Zen hugs to you xxxxxx

"Do not worry about me when I am gone and on the other side. Life is Eternal"

dreamtree1234
11-07-2017, 03:54 PM
Oh, no! Cypher, I am so very heartbroken to hear of your terrible loss of beautiful, loving Zen. She was truly an amazing ham so full of charming personality and sweetness, and your loving bond with one another was so evident in her special thread. She will live on in all of our hearts because you shared her beautiful and unforgettable story with us so thank you for allowing us to get to know her. She had a wonderful life with an exceptionally loving and devoted mum, and she passed peacefully in her nest knowing that she was truly and deeply loved by you and all that she touched. That is all any ham could wish for and you made it all come true by being the wonderful person you are. Please take comfort in that and let the precious memories of her bring you peace. She is no longer in any pain and she will be surrounded by all the loving garden friends that you nurture. Take care and know that we are here for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers, Cypher. Hugs to you and cuddles from my furry girls. RIP, darling Zen! You are gone but never ever forgotten. You were loved and always will be.

chesca_27
11-07-2017, 06:17 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Zen, Cypher :(. She was a beautiful ham who was full of character. Play well at the bridge Zen. RIP

She was so lucky to have such an amazing dedicated owner!

cypher
11-07-2017, 10:15 PM
Thank you all so much for your kind words everyone, it's wonderful to have such caring support at a time like this & I know Zen must be happy to hear such lovely things too.

I spent sometime yesterday going through photos of her which was painfully sad but at the same time brought back so many happy memories & I ordered a Zen calendar for next year & some prints for the album, her memorial is coming today (I'll post a photo later) which will be a real comfort.

cypher
11-08-2017, 03:29 AM
Her final tribute has arrived.

The memorial garden looks quite bleak & cold now so I'm glad I have this to mark her spot there, I think I might just sit & hug it for a while first though.

Fluffagrams
11-08-2017, 09:38 AM
What a lovely memorial and a fitting tribute to your lovely girl.

Coco61
11-08-2017, 11:59 AM
That is simply beautiful, cypher. A very fitting tribute for such a special girl. When you are ready for it to go outside, it will be all the better for taking your hugs with it.

cypher
11-08-2017, 10:36 PM
Thank you both, I am really pleased with, it's nice to have it here indoors with me but I might put it out today, I tidied up her spot yesterday & put some gravel down so it looks nicer but still a bit bleak so I think she needs it more than me now.

Thin Lizzy
11-09-2017, 07:56 AM
Perfect! Hugging the tribute will have a piece of you and will be such a comfort to Zen. xx

BorisPasha
11-09-2017, 09:38 AM
It's a beautiful memorial, suits Zen perfectly I think :)

SimonandSyril
11-09-2017, 10:40 AM
Rest in peace precious Zen. It warms my hearts seeing another hammy have such a great life <3

SKB_Hamsters
11-10-2017, 04:26 PM
That is such a beautiful memorial for the beautiful Zen!

dreamtree1234
11-16-2017, 01:07 PM
What a lovely and precious tribute for the gorgeous Zen! I'm sure that she would have loved it; I'm sure it will bring extra hugs to your sweetheart now that you have hugged it for a while. Take care, Cypher; I am sending you extra hugs, too.

cypher
11-16-2017, 10:27 PM
Thank you all, the memorial stone did get lots of hugs but now it's out where it belongs with Zen, I always feel so much better when I've put them outside & created a nice space for them.

Thin Lizzy
11-19-2017, 10:55 PM
Zen will be delighted with her stone and that you gave it plenty of hugs.
Master Harvey says Zen will be assisting Sir Mocho in arranging The Ham-Heaven Orchestra. She'll be forever remembered for raising the roof with her hamtarist playing in the Electric Ham-Orchestra and her love for Artie. xxx

cypher
11-19-2017, 11:42 PM
Thank you Lizzy, the thought of the Ham-Heaven Orchestra really makes me smile.

Pebbles82
11-20-2017, 09:31 AM
That's a beautiful tribute for Zen and it looks very huggable as well xxx

Coco61
11-20-2017, 12:42 PM
Aww TL, the Ham-Heaven Orchestra made me smile and blink hard. So many fine potential members, bless them all.

cypher
11-23-2017, 01:44 AM
The first rainbow after a ham has gone to the bridge is always so special & Zen sent me a lovely one this morning... tears & smiles.

BorisPasha
11-23-2017, 08:53 AM
Awww brings a tear to my eye, hugs to you :) It looks so close as well.

Coco61
11-23-2017, 01:18 PM
A special girl, a wonderful view and a beautiful rainbow. Brought a lump to my throat.

herbi7
11-28-2017, 02:02 PM
I'm so sorry about Zen, Cypher. What a lovely memorial and I know her life with you will have been very full and happy. Take care x

cypher
11-28-2017, 11:17 PM
Thank you herbi, I miss her terribly every day still but we had some wonderful times together & I'll always be grateful for that.

dreamtree1234
11-29-2017, 07:13 PM
What a gorgeous rainbow from your darling Zen! It brought tears to my eyes and touched my heart. Zen will always be with you and I'm sure she just wanted to add a special loving touch to your day. What a beautiful and touching sight! Hugs to you, Cypher!

Thin Lizzy
12-06-2017, 05:38 AM
That's a beautiful rainbow from Zen, it made me think of my little ones, brought a tear to my eyes but, also a smile.