PDA

View Full Version : I'm devastated

Drago
11-02-2017, 06:02 AM
Hello all, hope you've been well. I've come to share some news with a heavy heart. My sweet little Duncan, passed on just a few days ago. The same day my first ever hamster passed as well. I'm shocked and absolutely devastated, he was my heart ham. I will dearly miss my little man ham. I want a good and meaningful way to honor his passing, so if anyone has suggestions, I'd love to hear xx

Pebbles82
11-02-2017, 06:05 AM
I am so sorry about Duncan xxxx I planted a little flower bed where our last hammy Charlie was buried and had a small stone engraved. It's like a large black pebbleand the writing is etched out so it's naturally white and never fades.

I am sure there are lots of other ideas from people as well - not just for a burial but as a memory or something creative and lasting.

You could name a star for him maybe?

Thin Lizzy
11-02-2017, 06:09 AM
Oh god Drago, I'm so shocked to hear about Duncan your heart-ham. I so adored him and my heart goes out to you.
Big Hugs to you xxx

CMB
11-02-2017, 07:18 AM
Sorry for your loss. Run free at the bridge Duncan.

BethandLil
11-02-2017, 08:17 AM
Oh Drago, I'm so terribly sorry to here that :( my condolences

cypher
11-02-2017, 08:25 AM
I'm so very sorry Drago, Duncan was such a lovely special ham, I know how you must be missing your little man.

I too have a little memorial garden with stones or plaques for my hams, it's a lasting tribute & can be a lovely place to sit & remember the happy times.

Run free & play well at the bridge Duncan.

BorisPasha
11-02-2017, 08:36 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Duncan :( He was such a special ham, always so energetic and full of mischief. He will be missed very much.

Max was cremated and I know most people bury their hams so I'm probably not much help when it comes to tributes. Max's urn is a little cuddle stone with his initial on it. He is in the hamster room and every night I give him a little cuddle and wish him a goodnight along with the other hams. I think whatever you decide to do as a tribute will be right for you and Duncan :)

Sending big hugs to you Drago xx

Have lots of fun at the bridge getting up to all sorts of mischief Duncan xx

Ruth Edwards
11-02-2017, 09:29 AM
Sorry to hear this, he was a very handsome chap, I hope you feel better soon

Coco61
11-02-2017, 11:45 AM
Drago I am so sorry about the loss of your lovely Duncan. I lost Mocho in September and he is buried in a lovely glazed pot with a plant. I have had a memorial stone made with his name and dates on it. It will go on the earth in the pot when I can bring myself to put it out. Right now it is on the table where his cage was with some of his cage bits.
You see the photos on his memorial thread Farewell My Little Mocho.

Rads
11-02-2017, 12:53 PM
Hi Drago, Bloody Hell I was shocked at your sad news about wee Duncan, I know how you are feeling after losing Pip so suddenly earlier in the year.
I can do no more than send my kindest thoughts and wishes and an E-Hug to you.
I do hope that Duncan where ever he is now meets up with Pip and Forrest and causes all sorts of Hamster Naughtiness so much so that we will hear then laughing...
Rads and Ghost

souffle
11-02-2017, 01:06 PM
I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss Drago. I hope your memories will be of comfort.
Run free at the bridge Duncan x

Pygmypuff
11-02-2017, 02:39 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Duncan's passing Drago. Rest easy little one.

I remember when Puff passed away I planted a rose over where she was buried. It felt so wonderful to know that she was living on in something new, and her passing had given a beautiful plant the opportunity to flourish.

Take care x

SKB_Hamsters
11-02-2017, 04:51 PM
I am so very sorry Drago! I was shocked when I saw this thread. Duncan was such a lucky hamster to have a wonderful loving home with you.
Play well at the bridge Duncan!

SabreRose
11-03-2017, 05:49 AM
I am so sorry x

Fluffagrams
11-03-2017, 09:11 AM
I’m so sorry to hear about Duncan’s passing Drago. Hopefully you’ll find a fitting tribute for him.

When any of my hams cross the bridge, most of them are buried in the memorial garden where every year sunflowers are planted. When the sunflowers are in bloom they are a reminder of how happy each hamster made me feel and then as the flower heads die off the seeds are harvested and then enjoyed by the current Metallica Hamsters. It’s nothing too complicated but it’s a nice way to remember my past hamsters.

flowerfairy
11-03-2017, 11:06 AM
Rest in Peace Duncan.

My lovely Kashi is buried in a large outdoor pot with a rose and some bulbs.

Turrican
11-03-2017, 01:13 PM
So sorry for your loss. Rest in peace, sweet Duncan.

Crystalroborovski
11-03-2017, 06:57 PM
Oh no Drago, I am so terribly sorry that little Duncan passed.

He was such a cheeky little ham, always full of mischief.

Sleep well sweet ham <3

Burakki
11-04-2017, 04:31 AM
I’m very sorry for your loss! Be free at the bridge, little guy!

dreamtree1234
11-04-2017, 04:35 AM
Oh no, Drago! I am teary eyed reading about Duncan passing on to the Rainbow Bridge. I am terribly sorry for your loss of the beloved, amazing Duncan. He was truly special and always full of fun and mischief. He was an expert at stealing hearts and he stole mine when I first read about him and all of his cuteness and silly antics. He will be truly missed, but will live on in all the hearts of those that he has touched. May the sweet, treasured memories of your darling Duncan give you comfort during this hard time. Please know that we are here for you and you are in my thoughts. I am sending you lots of hugs and Eros and Snickers are giving you tons of whisker kisses, too. Take care, Drago, and know that Duncan is playing with his hammy friends at the bridge. RIP, dear Duncan. May you have plenty of amazing adventures at the Rainbow Bridge. Please send a special rainbow to your Mum because she misses and loves you so.

Gibbs
11-15-2017, 01:36 AM
Sorry you lost your little guy. Full props on his name though. Duncan is really cool. I have 2 lemon trees I keep in the house that I grew from seeds. I buried my hamster in the pot. It might be creepy but it made a loss useful. Better than throwing it in the trash. Plus my daughters made a little gravestone that they thought was cool

SimonandSyril
11-15-2017, 11:59 AM
Im so sorry to hear this drago run free on the bridge Duncan