PDA

View Full Version : It was too early.....

Humphrey_hamster
10-12-2017, 11:33 PM
Hi everyone, it is with sad news that I return to this forum...

My darling little Humphrey has passed away :(:(:(

I went up to his cage in the evening of Wednesday, to do the daily routine, and instead found him rigid, half curled up with urine all over his belly and bottom, and blood all over his nose and mouth. We warmed him in case he was hibernating, we knew he probably wouldn't be, but we had to try.

Do you think he had a seizure?

I can't help but feel it's my fault....l

cypher
10-12-2017, 11:59 PM
So sorry to hear this, it must have been such a shock & so sad to lose your little Humphrey so unexpectedly.
There really isn't any way to tell for sure what might have happened, but try not to blame yourself, I know it's hard not to think we might have done something differently but even if something is wrong hams can be very good at hiding signs of illness & if he appeared well & active previously then there really is nothing you could have done differently.

Pebbles82
10-13-2017, 02:08 AM
I am so sorry - how devastating. Such a shock. It sounds as if something may have ruptured internally and there is nothing you could have known about that or done if he showed no signs of illness. Sadly these things can just happen. The only positive thing is he probably didn't suffer and it would have been a sudden thing. He is now playing free at the rainbow bridge. So hard for you xxx

souffle
10-13-2017, 02:09 AM
I am so sorry for your loss.
I would not dwell on the fluids you saw as this is normal after passing as the muscles relax and any fluids are released. It sounds as if he just slept away peacefully.
Run free at the bridge Humphrey xx

BorisPasha
10-13-2017, 04:54 AM
So sorry to hear about Humphrey :(

Have fun at the bridge little one x

dreamtree1234
10-13-2017, 05:24 AM
I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of your beloved Humphrey. Please do not blame yourself; sometimes our little ones pass no matter how attentive, loving, and caring we are to them. As others have said, hamsters are very good at hiding their signs of illness and/or injury and it sounds as though he probably died peacefully while he slept. Find peace knowing that he had a wonderful life with you and he is running free and happy at the rainbow bridge. Know that you are in my thoughts and I am send you extra hugs, too. RIP, dear Humphrey, and please send an extra special rainbow to your loving hamparent because you are so very missed. xxx

CMB
10-13-2017, 06:54 AM
Sorry for our loss.

Humphrey_hamster
10-13-2017, 01:01 PM
Hi all,
Thank you for your kind words x
He seemed fine in the morning so I didn’t think anything was wrong....

It really was such a shock

He will be getting cremated

Im trying to only think of the lovely times when he was alive, rather than the state he was in on Wednesday

Again, Thank you for your kind words

ChocoMintAnswersSincere
10-13-2017, 01:33 PM
Sorry for your loss:(

Thin Lizzy
10-14-2017, 03:17 PM
So very sorry and sad to read this about your beautiful Humphrey. Such a shock for you finding him.
Sending big hugs to you and that I'm thinking of you xxx