PDA

View Full Version : Nutmeg xx

Gimleyand Meeko
09-06-2017, 12:35 AM
Dear all,

It is with a heavy heart that I write about Nutmeg's passing. She had reached a grand old age of 2 years and 9 days. I knew her time was coming although yesterday, unfortunately, I saw her sitting head down in the corner of her cage breathing very heavily and very subdued, I stayed with her and massaged her to help her metabolism and rise her temperature, a heater was also next to her. Whilst massaging her she fell over and retreated herself to her house, I left her alone whilst checking in her every 20 mins.

At around 10pm she was lying still in her house, I thought she had passed but she was still breathing very lightly! At this point I sat in the room and said my goodbye and told her I love her, I then went to get her some fresh water in case and some food but it was within that 5 minutes that I had gone she had passed; I thought this was her saying thank you.

She is and was so lovely! Her cause of death wasn't the tumour on her foot; that reduced in size! I think it was a bleeding of sorts as her bedding was stained red completely, there was no blood on her yesterday but when she fell over I could see something wrong. Poor her! I am glad she is free of pain now and has crossed the bridge <3

Kind regards,

Gimleyand Meeko

cypher
09-06-2017, 02:50 AM
So sorry for your loss, Nutmeg lived to a good age in spite of the health problems she had but it was clearly her time to go & although I'm sure she will be sadly missed take comfort knowing she is at peace now.
Cherish the memories.

Run free & play well at the bridge little Nutmeg.

Pebbles82
09-06-2017, 04:25 AM
I am so sorry. Play well at the Rainbow Bridge little Nutmeg. She passed at home with love from you xxx

dreamtree1234
09-06-2017, 05:50 AM
I am terribly sorry to hear of darling Nutmeg's passing. She was a grand old age, and I'm sure she had a life filled with love, caring, and fun with you. Please find peace knowing that she is no longer in any pain and is happily playing at the Rainbow Bridge with all of the others who have passed before her. May your treasured memories of her help you through this very difficult time. RIP, sweet Nutmeg. Hugs to you. xxx

souffle
09-07-2017, 04:39 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. She lived to a wonderful age and was much loved.
Play well at the bridge Nutmeg x

Thin Lizzy
09-07-2017, 04:40 AM
My heart sank reading about your beautiful Nutmeg, I'm so glad you were with her and comforted her, she will have felt your love, warmth and kindness a comfort.
Big Hugs to you and that I'm thinking of you xxx

CMB
09-07-2017, 04:40 AM
Sorry for your loss. Run free at the rainbow bridge Nutmeg.

Gimleyand Meeko
09-07-2017, 01:32 PM
Thank you all for your kind words xx

BorisPasha
09-08-2017, 03:50 AM
I was so sad to see this, especially as you had just been celebrating her second birthday. I'm so sorry for your loss, have lots of fun at the bridge Nutmeg xx

SKB_Hamsters
09-08-2017, 06:42 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. Play well at the bridge Nutmeg