PDA

View Full Version : Heartbroken

Rsclio197
08-04-2017, 04:37 AM
Hi everyone

It's been a long time since I posted on here so I apologise for that. Sadly the reason I'm back is because my beautiful little lady, Poppy passed away yesterday morning. It was a total shock to me as there was no known health issues and she appeared ok the night before. I have no idea what happened but it did look like she passed peacefully.

She was the second hamster I've owned and we were extremely close. She had bags of character and enthusiasm or life so it's going to be difficult for me to move on from her.

I'll be picking her up later this after noon from the crematorium in a beautiful casket with her name on a plaque, which is fitting for her.

I'll try and post pictures of her when I go on my laptop. I know some of you on here have helped me with her during her early days so i would like to say a huge thank you to you all.

Rest in peace my beautiful little girl <3

Cinnamon Bear
08-04-2017, 07:00 AM
I didn't know Poppy but I'm sorry for your loss. Especially when you weren't expecting her to pass without any signs of aging. Hope you stay strong & are okay xx

cypher
08-04-2017, 07:31 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss, Poppy sounds like a very special girl & you had a great bond with her, give yourself time to grieve, it's always hard when they go but she had a life full of love & went to the bridge peacefully, no ham could ask for more.
The casket sounds lovely.

Run free & play well at the bridge Poppy.

BorisPasha
08-04-2017, 07:33 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Poppy, it must have been quite a shock as well as upsetting.

Have fun at the bridge Poppy xx

Rsclio197
08-04-2017, 08:06 AM
Thanks for the kind words everyone. Means a lot to me.

souffle
08-04-2017, 11:20 AM
I am so very sorry for your loss. She was such a special girl and will always hold a place in our heart. It takes time to come to terms with such a loss and I hope you will find that time lets you come to terms with it.
Play well at the bridge Poppy and send your rainbow when you can xx

CMB
08-04-2017, 11:43 AM
Sorry for your loss. It's nice to know she went peacefully. Run free at the bridge Poppy.

Gemma_xo
08-04-2017, 12:58 PM
Hi, I'm so sorry for your loss, I know exactly how you feel because I found my Tinkerbell dead after appearing absolutely fine, and she's my second, my first, Pixie is well over 2 years old, I was gearing myself up for her to go but it was Tinkerbell's time instead.

They always leave us far too soon and when it's unexplained it's even harder, sending you oodles of big hugs, I can't wait to get Tinkerbell back from the vets, I've still got a 2 (out of 3) week wait.

I'm sure Poppy has found Tinkerbell at the Rainbow Bridge and they're amusing each other all night long :) x

Pebbles82
08-04-2017, 02:03 PM
She is playing over the rainbow Bridge with Charlie and her other pals from here. Big hugs to you - I know you were a wonderful Hamster Mum to her xxx

Rsclio197
08-04-2017, 02:19 PM
Thanks a lot everyone. Great to hear from some familiar names :)

dreamtree1234
08-04-2017, 09:11 PM
Rsclio, I am terribly sorry for your loss of Poppy. She was a wonderful hammy and truly loved. It is always so tragic to have one that is so dear to your heart pass, but please find peace knowing that she had an amazing life filled with tender loving care and fun times with you. She also didn't appear to have passed peacefully so that is a true blessing, too. Focus on all the cherished times together and know that you are not alone. We are here for you and wish for time to heal your broken heart. Hugs to you, Rsclio! Rest in peace, sweet Poppy. May you have plenty of marvelous adventures at the Rainbow Bridge with all of your hammy friends who have passed before you.

Rsclio197
08-05-2017, 10:32 AM
Thanks a lot dreamtree, nice words.

Rsclio197
08-05-2017, 10:37 AM
This is the note I got with Poppys casket from the crematorium - it's beautiful.

'Our beloved pet's truly are some of nature's finest jewels, dazzling us in so many ways. Always mysterious free spirits we are privileged to care for their earthly needs.
We none of know just how long we are destined to stay on this earth, but if that time is spent with those whom we love faithfully and who in return love us as family, then surely our lives have been blessed.
Always remember your pet with love, knowing that kindred spirits Will, in the fullness of time, be re-united.'

cypher
08-05-2017, 10:56 AM
That's lovely & very thoughtful.

dreamtree1234
08-05-2017, 09:31 PM
That note is truly special and so very true. What a lovely and thoughtful gesture! Thanks for sharing it. Hugs to you.

WinnieTheHam
08-08-2017, 03:56 AM
I will miss looking after her a great deal, she really was full of character and had the sweetest face. She really did look peaceful after she passed, and I'm sure Suzi will be looking after her over rainbow bridge, as well as Winnie and Myrcella, and the other rainbow hams of HC. She had the best Ham Dad a hamster could have asked for, you spoilt her so much, she was a little queen. You gave her so much love throughout her entire life and cared for her so much and that's all she would have wanted. Sweet dreams Poppy, run free over rainbow bridge xxx

Kippynugget
08-08-2017, 04:07 AM
So sorry for your loss :( I lost my girl this morning so I know how you're feeling. Hugs xxx

Rsclio197
08-08-2017, 11:06 AM
Thank you so much for the kind words. Things are still extremely tough going on me right now so it's great to hear from you with such a supportive tribute, especially from someone who knew her so well.

Rsclio197
08-08-2017, 11:10 AM
I'm also terribly sorry to hear you lost your little angel this morning Kippy. I dread to think about how your feeling with the initial shock. I still haven't fully accepted the loss of Poppy and that's always the toughest phase of losing a loved one. Stay strong (easier said than done as I'm experiencing while I write this).

RIP to your little lady x

pinkneon
08-08-2017, 12:46 PM
I am so sorry to hear about beautiful Poppy :( I remember when you first got her

Poppy, have fun at the Rainbow Bridge <3

Thin Lizzy
08-08-2017, 08:54 PM
Rsclio, my heart sinks whenever I hear about a ham going to the rainbow bridge, Poppy was well and truly loved by you and always will be, they remain in our hearts forever, that emptiness they leave behind is hard, you get so use to their routines and funny antics, so trying to adjust takes time. We all know what you're going through having this forum is such a great support.
Her casket sounds so beautiful and the note brought a tear to my eyes.
Thinking of you xxxx