PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye to Cindy

BluerayDarkes
07-29-2017, 05:21 AM
Our last remaining hamster Cindy was put to sleep today at the vets, she was two and a bit years old.

She had started to squeak earlier this week for no obvious reason, today I held her she tried to bite me and looked like she had diarrhea. Vet found Cindy also had ulcers in her mouth possibly from chewing on the wire mesh, vet said she was obviously in some sort of discomfort and was getting easily out of breath. Cindy had also lost some weight. We were told we could do treatments like painkillers and antibiotics, I thought it best to let her go due to her age and treating the symptoms just prolongs her suffering.

Our little hurricane will be missed.

cypher
07-29-2017, 07:02 AM
Cindy was such a beautiful girl & a real little character, I'm so sorry to hear she's gone now, she had a really good long life & you did the kindest thing for her but I'm sure she'll be sadly missed.

Run free & play well at the bridge Cindy.

BluerayDarkes
07-29-2017, 07:05 AM
Thank you Cypher x

Coco61
07-29-2017, 07:09 AM
I am so sorry to hear this news. Cindy was a great age and she was a ham with such a personality. You made the right decision but that does not mean it was easy to do. You will miss your little girl but she had a good long life and loving home with you.
Play well at the bridge Cindy with all the other BRD hams.

Drago
07-29-2017, 08:50 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss :( I didn't know Cindy well, but it sounds like she was well cared for. You obviously made the kindest decision. Play well at the bridge little one xxx

https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/Grief_Support_Center/Grief_Support_Home.htm

BluerayDarkes
07-29-2017, 09:30 AM
Thank you both of you x

LindaandHarry
07-29-2017, 12:31 PM
So sorry for your loss.
Well done for getting her to such a great age.
RIP Cindy xx

CMB
07-29-2017, 02:09 PM
Sorry for your loss. Enjoy the rainbow bridge Cindy.

Turrican
07-29-2017, 02:46 PM
Just wanted to say I'm so sorry for your loss. Poor sweet Cindy. May she rest in peace. Hope you're ok x

Rads
07-29-2017, 02:47 PM
Hi BRD,
So sorry to hear about Cindy, hope she meets up with Pip and Forrest and creates some Ham-chaos where ever they are..

Thin Lizzy
07-30-2017, 05:58 AM
Oh no, I'm really sad to read this Blueray.
When I saw the thread, my heart sank. Cindy was a little beauty and a little warrior.
I will miss her dearly. I know she had lost weight and started squeaking, you did the kindest act of love and she's now at peace.
My eyes are starting to blur with tears, big hugs to you Blue and that I'm thinking of you. XXX

BluerayDarkes
07-30-2017, 06:19 AM
Thank you Thin Lizzy she was a little fighter for such a small hybrid, she was with us the longest. I miss her. xxx

Thank you to all for the kind messages

Thin Lizzy
07-30-2017, 06:30 AM
It's always hard when they go, Cindy was a true warrior and her being with you the longest only adds to that pain. She's having fun at the bridge and will be free of pain.
xxx

Cinnamon Bear
07-30-2017, 10:09 AM
Sorry to hear the heart breaking passing away of your hammy, Cindy. Although I didn't know her I'm hoping that there will be happy memories for you soon. xx

BorisPasha
07-30-2017, 01:11 PM
So sorry to hear about Cindy.

Hugs to you and have fun at the bridge Cindy xx

dreamtree1234
07-31-2017, 03:56 AM
I am so sorry to hear of the heartbreaking news of Cindy's passing. She will no longer feel the pain and she lived a long, fulfilled life with you. Please take comfort in that and knowing that you did the most loving thing for her to end her suffering. She will live on in your heart and memories. Hugs to you, BluerayDarkes. You are in my thoughts and prayers. RIP, sweet Cindy. Play well at the Rainbow Bridge.

SKB_Hamsters
07-31-2017, 06:56 AM
I am deeply sorry to hear about Cindy - play well at the bridge.

Thin Lizzy
07-31-2017, 03:22 PM
Hope you're doing OK Blue, thinking of you xxx

BluerayDarkes
08-01-2017, 04:08 AM
Thank you all I am doing a bit better these days, just missing seeing a little pink nose hearing the wheel go round and round.

Thin Lizzy
08-01-2017, 07:18 AM
Take each day as it comes, those little pink noses are so adorable. It's strange the things that you think of, I would miss the wheel spinning and hearing them eat.

souffle
08-02-2017, 04:17 AM
So sorry for your loss - play well at the bridge Cindy you will be much missed x