PDA

View Full Version : Searching for a syrian breeder in south england

Phan Trash
07-26-2017, 02:41 PM
Hi so this is going to sound complicated but just bare with me. So I'm looking for a Syrian breeder in south England (Preferably west). But I'm looking to get this hamster in about October....of 2018. I don't want to own more than 2 hamsters and I have 2 currently, basically i (before i 'retire' from owning hamsters, because 4 animals is a lot for me) want to own an amazing properly bred syrian. Now my hamsters are very close in age (3 months apart) and the youngest is 1 in september. So they're going to be 2 this time next year. You cant predict when a hamster is going to die so this is a sticky situation seeing as most breeders have waitlists. So I'm looking for a breeder that plans to still be breeding by october next year, is in south england and has a very long or no waitlist. I don't expect to find one that fits all these criteria but its worth a shot

flowerfairy
07-27-2017, 03:16 AM
I have put myself on a waiting list with Vectis hamstery in Southampton. They breed syrians and vectis is on here.

I already have one breeder syrian, Gopal. He is wonderful.

Good luck with your search.

AprilPearl
07-27-2017, 03:38 AM
You can find breeders listed with the Nstional Hamster Council here:
https://hamsters-uk.org/content/view/108/85/

Breeders also often sell hamsters at shows. So, you could check out the shows happening in 2018 and see if there are any near you. I don't think the list of 2018 shows is up on the website yet, but there tends to be the same shows in the same places at much the same times every year, so looking at the list of 2017 shows should give you an idea of what is likely to be happening in 2018.

Princess Pixie
07-27-2017, 06:26 AM
There's a list of hamster breeders on Google.