PDA

View Full Version : Farewell, Tinkerbell ❤️

Gemma_xo
07-25-2017, 05:29 AM
Farewell, Tinkerbell.

I got given you for my 25 Birthday, and on that day I said you were hands down the best birthday present someone had ever got me, and to this day I stand by that. I adored you in the shop and I adore you now. You were so friendly and inquisitive & always up for a fuss. You were my little window licker because you licked the glass front in the shop and that habit never left you for you were forever licking (I called it house keeping) your glass front here at home.

You brought me many happy memories and endless smiles and everyone that met you, friends and strangers a like fell in love with you. I look back on your pictures and videos today with so many fond memories. Your little face never failed to cheer me up and I loved your little quirks, you were one of the best hamsters anyone could ever wish for and I am absolutely gutted you've gone, but on the plus side you went peacefully in your sleep and you were in no pain and you weren't suffering. You lived a good long 19 months with me & I will never forget any of the time we shared, I hope you enjoyed your life with me and remember me fondly as I will you.

I have your little spot on the shelf in the cabinet ready for you for when you come home to me from the vets in 3 weeks time, I'll miss you always, you've certainly left your paw print on my heart. I'll never forget you, my Tinkerbell, I hope you're playing well at the rainbow bridge, I can't wait to see you again x

I cried when I found you, I cried all the way to the vets, I cried in the vets and again on the way home, I'm crying as I type this, and I'll probably cry some more, for now they're sad tears, but soon they'll be happy tears because I'll remember the great times we spend together and the love you showed me. You're the first animal that was all mine to leave me, it's absolutely heart wrenching and I wish you never had to go, but I know you, Tinkerbell, you'll be with me forever wherever I'll go.

Love always, your furless mum x

flowerfairy
07-25-2017, 06:48 AM
What a lovely write up for your sweet Tinkerbell. She was clearly very dear to you.

cypher
07-25-2017, 06:53 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss Gemma, such a lovely tribute to your sweet girl, her life was so full of love I'm sure she was very happy with you & will always be there in your heart.

Run free & play well at the bridge Tinkerbell.

BorisPasha
07-25-2017, 07:39 AM
So sorry to hear about Tinkerbell. Tinkerbell sounds like she was a very lovely and special girl, full of personality.

Hugs to you and have fun at the bridge Tinkerbell xx

Rads
07-25-2017, 09:02 AM
So sorry for your loss, it is horrid and you feel so empty, Tinkerbell sounds like she was a bundle of fun, and very special too.
Where ever she is I hope she meets up with our Pip and Forrest and they create Hamster mayhem..!
Hugs.

Cinnamon Bear
07-25-2017, 09:25 AM
So sorry for your loss, that was a beautiful tribute, hope your tears will soon turn to happy tears knowing you gave her an awesome life as she was clearly loved.

Drago
07-25-2017, 10:21 AM
I'm so very sorry for your loss :( Through your tribute, I could feel just how loved little Tinkerbell was. Play well at the bridge little one XXX

https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/Grief_Support_Center/Grief_Support_Home.htm

CMB
07-25-2017, 12:13 PM
Sorry for your loss. She was a lovely hamster. Hope the sad tears turn to happy tears soon.

Quicksilver
07-25-2017, 12:21 PM
Am sorry for your loss. What a beautiful tribute to your Tinkerbell. Sending you big hugs xx

Princess Pixie
07-26-2017, 07:47 AM
I'm very sorry, love. ❤️

Coco61
07-26-2017, 12:37 PM
Tinkerbell sounds like she was adorable and an obvious heart ham. So sorry she has gone across the bridge leaving you so understandably sad. A beautiful memorial for her and one day you will smile at the special memories.

Thin Lizzy
07-26-2017, 12:44 PM
Oh Gemma, I've got a lump in my throat and watery eyes reading your beautiful tribute to your little girl Tinkerbell, your loss is felt by all of us and the unconditional love you had will never go away, they leave a huge hole in our hearts when they go. You'll have good days and bad days, I found that I'd be laughing at something they did and then end up in tears. I've found the support on the forum truly helpful.
Sending you big hugs xxx

Gemma_xo
07-26-2017, 04:31 PM
Hello everyone, thank you. I am honestly humbled by all of your kind words.

Things are still a little raw. I cleaned her cage when I got home from the vets and wrote the dates I was lucky enough to have her from and to on her house & that's now safely in a keep safe box. My heart yearns to see her running around in her cage or at the glass looking for a fuss. But then I see an empty cage and I remember she's gone. My friends are absolutely heart broken too, they loved Tinkerbell so dearly, dare I say they favoured her, but still love Pixie.

I keep telling myself once Pixie goes that's it, I can't do this every 2 or so years, I can't let myself go through the agony of losing another ham, but I love them so much and I know I can offer many more a loving home (and I've the supplies for a hamster Amy in my living room too), but then I just remind myself of how I feel now and how I can't do it again, and I can easily pass the supplies on because this hurts so bad, I know it'll get easier in time, but for now getting another hamster and putting them in 'Tinkerbell's cage' (the cage was made for her especially) just haunts me, I can't replace her, I can't simply get another and expect him or her to fill the void she's left..

It just all seems so hard and the indecisiveness is killing me even more.
I don't know what to do, I've never lost an animal that's all mine before :/ x

Thin Lizzy
07-26-2017, 08:45 PM
Don't be so hard on yourself Gemma, I remember saying that too about not wanting to go through that again every couple of years and that was 16 years ago.
For now it's important you grieve for Tinkerbell and take comfort in Pixie, she'll have sensed something is wrong and having her will really help you.
You have so much love to give another hammy, I so felt that reading Tinkerbell's tribute. XXX

cypher
07-26-2017, 11:04 PM
It is very hard Gemma, I think losing your first ham is always especially hard somehow but as Lizzy said you need to give yourself time to grieve right now.
We never replace a ham that's gone to the bridge, they always stay with us & live on in our hearts but our hearts just get bigger & we find more love for another, different ham when the time is right, it doesn't mean we love the ones that went before any less.
Take comfort in Pixie now & don't think so much about whether you can do this again or not just now, if the time is right for you to get another ham you will know, it is sad that they live such short lives & I've often felt I can't do it again too but in the end I always feel that the time we have with them is so special & the rewards so great it's always been worth it for me.

BorisPasha
07-27-2017, 08:51 AM
I agree with everything Lizzy and Cypher have said :) Don't put yourself under pressure, the decision to get another ham doesn't have to be made just now. Just take your time, grieve for Tinkerbell and let Pixie comfort you. The decision as to whether you want to get another one will make itself once you have had a chance to grieve properly :)

I know how you feel about another hamster using Tinkerbell's cage. I lost my little Max just over a month ago and I couldn't cope with the thought of anyone else living in his cage or using his house or bowl. I ended up buying a new cage and house etc. I'm sure I will re-use his cage at some point but for now I couldn't do it. He was my first ham that went to the bridge and it hurt.

Again though this isn't something you need to decide right away. Just take as much time as you need. It's lovely that you're friends loved Tinkerbell so much too and I'm sure that must be a great comfort for you too.

Big hugs to you xx
Big hugs to you

Hamsterita
07-27-2017, 08:56 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. I agree with TL, cypher and BP.

If it comes, you will know when the time is right.

Now take time to grieve and try no to be too hard on yourself

Gemma_xo
07-30-2017, 06:43 AM
Thank you all.
I'm going to take your advice and give it time. Time is a great healer after all :) x

Thin Lizzy
07-30-2017, 03:28 PM
Glad to hear it. Big Hugs xx

dreamtree1234
07-31-2017, 04:20 AM
Gemma, I am so extremely sorry to hear of your terrible loss of Tinkerbell. What a lovely tribute you gave her; I was teary-eyed reading all the love that you poured out in your words. She sounds like she was truly such a special hammy, and she was loved by everyone who knew her. The loss of someone so dear to your heart is overwhelming and heartbreaking, but don't let the pain of loss prevent you from experiencing the immense joy that loving and caring for a little one adds to your life. Right now your feelings are so raw and filled immense grief, maybe in time after you have fully had an opportunity to heal your broken heart, your tears of sadness over such a loss will turn into tears of happiness over such a wonderful life Tinkerbell had. Don't feel the pressure of making any big decisions right now. You will know in your heart if and when the time to make those decisions is right for you. Whether or not you choose to give another hammy a loving home, do what is right for you so you can always find peace in your decision. Time is a wonderful healer so just focus on snuggling with Pixie and letting her comfort each other with love and care. Big hugs to you; we are all here for you. Surround yourself with friends who loved Tinkerbell as well and find peace knowing that she had the greatest life any hammy could wish for because she was truly loved and cherished. May the treasured memories make your days brighter. Rest in peace, sweet, sweet Tinkerbell. May you play well at the Rainbow Bridge and send a ray of sunshine down to your loving mum who misses you dearly.

SKB_Hamsters
07-31-2017, 06:53 AM
I am so sorry to hear about Tinkerbell - this is a lovely tribute to her and she sounded like a really special hamster.
Play well at the Bridge Tinkerbell.

souffle
08-02-2017, 04:16 AM
So sorry for your loss - play well at the bridge Tinkerbell x
She really was a most special little lady x

BluerayDarkes
08-02-2017, 06:03 AM
I'm sorry for your loss x

Josie
08-02-2017, 03:51 PM
So sorry for your loss, such a lovely tribute to your sweet girl, play well at the bridge Tinkerbell xxxx :(