PDA

View Full Version : Mitch

EnerHam
06-26-2017, 11:13 AM
You had the cheekiest little face. I used to sit and watch you running around your cage when you were small, ready to catch you when you decided to hang from the top.

For the first two years, you barely seemed to age. Sure, you were a little slower to wake and I didn't have to worry about catching you because you stopped dangling from the top door, but there was nothing else. You were always so strong and quick.

But you were still an old man. Four months after your second birthday, I found you wobbling all over the place with a head tilt, seemingly unable to work out how to use your front leg. I honestly thought that was the beginning of the end, but it wasn't. You seemed to recover from the stroke, and even though you were slowing down more than ever, you seemed just as bright, alert and happy as always. Still the same cheeky face, even if you were finally beginning to look your age.

Until yesterday evening, I assumed you'd keep going for another few weeks. But something was off. You were eating, sure, and walking around a little too, but you still weren't quite 'you'.

I knew what I'd see when I looked at your home this evening. I didn't want to be right, but I knew I would be. You were gone.

Two years and seven months old. You fought bravely, little man, and you lived a great, long life. I'll never forget you.

http://i67.tinypic.com/2hycx03.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/2m29qb6.jpg

cypher
06-26-2017, 12:15 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss EnerHam, Mitch was such a lovely little man, he had a wonderful long life & did so well to continue living happily for some time after his stroke, what a little trooper & a real tribute to your care for him, so sad that he's gone to the bridge now but he will live forever in your heart now.

Run free & play well at the bridge Mitch.

dreamtree1234
06-26-2017, 12:48 PM
EnerHam, I am truly so sorry to hear about the passing of your beloved, sweet Mitch. He was surely a handsome, wonderful hammy. He fought bravely to be with you as long as possible, and I can tell that you must have had a strong, loving bond with him. My thoughts are with you, and I hope that the memories that you created with him will help give you peace and comfort during this sad time. Hugs to you, Enerham. RIP, little Mitch. May you run free and happy at the Rainbow Bridge. You are gone but never forgotten. You will live on always in the heart of your Mum who loves you so.

BorisPasha
06-26-2017, 01:39 PM
Sorry to hear about Mitch EnerHam :(

Have fun at the bridge little one x

Gerbil
06-26-2017, 01:44 PM
What an articulate, loving tribute. Sounds like he lived a long, happy life with a wonderful owner. Sorry for your loss <3

CMB
06-26-2017, 03:15 PM
Sorry for your loss.

Thin Lizzy
06-26-2017, 06:57 PM
EnerHam, I'm so very sorry to hear about your beautiful boy Mitch, what a wonderful, long life he had with you. 2 years & 7 months is a grand age, thinking of you xx

EnerHam
06-27-2017, 10:23 AM
Thanks everyone. My other two are keeping me entertained, but it hurts to look at his home and I have a feeling it will for a while to come.

Drago
06-27-2017, 01:09 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss :( It's clear you loved him dearly, and that you two had a special bond. Play well at the bridge little one X

https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/Grief_Support_Center/Grief_Support_Home.htm

Thin Lizzy
06-28-2017, 09:07 PM
I'm so glad you have your other 2 who are keeping you entertained, really helps taking comfort in them, they will have sensed something's wrong. They'll also enjoy that extra attention.

souffle
08-02-2017, 04:11 AM
So sorry for your loss.
That is a lovely tribute - play well at the bridge Mitch x

Turrican
08-03-2017, 08:29 PM
Goodbye Mitch and what a great age you lived too. Sorry for your loss, he looks lovely and clearly you had a wonderful bond. May he rest in peace at the Bridge.