PDA

View Full Version : water bottle in tub pen

Cerii
11-13-2009, 04:46 PM
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for attatching a water bottle to a tub/bin playpen? Little boris is in there now, he is much less scared than he was in the P@H playpen but I'd like to put a bottle in there so that he can stay in a little longer without me offering it by hand!

souffle
11-14-2009, 01:26 AM
It is easy to make a stand. Get a plastic drinks bottle. medium size and cut the top off. Fill the base with small pebbles or sand to weight it then cut a hole at the appropriate height for the ham. Put the bottle inside and push the spout through the hole and it will sit nocely in place. You can also buy free standing stands but why bother when it is easy to make one.

helenf
11-14-2009, 05:21 AM
At the moment I use glass water bottles with a sucker attachment that I got off ebay - they're okay, but I'd like to switch to normal water bottles soon.

I'm thinking of using some white sticky back velcro - I bought some from my local haberdashery shop. My thinking is I'll stick a line of velcro to the cage side in the right place, then I should be able to fix the bottle in place by putting the other half of velcro around it tight enough. Hard to explain what I mean - why I try it, I'll take pictures :)

sy278
12-03-2009, 08:34 AM
I have a small tub one we use for transporting Nibbles. I just drilled three holes in it, 1 just big enough for the spout to come through, 2 smaller ones further up then using the wire hook that comes with the water bottle rebent the ends so that the hooks are at a right angle to main body of the wire. This now easily supports the water bottle and the bottom hole for the spout is tight enough against the spout that Nibbles can't get to it to chew.

flogging_molly
12-04-2009, 07:23 AM
i used to use sticky hook and loop fasteners which is available from any stationery shop, affix the soft loop side to the bottle then the harder hook side to the tub/bin :) worked wonders for me

Amethyst_ice
12-16-2010, 05:25 AM
anyone got a picture of the home-made bottle stand? I think im going to have to do one for pumpkin because he keeps attacking the hole in the zoozone but i just can't visualise it x

Faerydae
12-16-2010, 02:53 PM
I use magnets, make sure they're strong though or it'll be pulled off! stick one to the outside of the bottle and then stick it to the bin with the other magnet on the outside of the bin :)

alexarcano
02-05-2011, 02:12 PM
Well, I'm kinda new to this but here's my solution.

I have already put a shelf in mine for 'Buster' to have more room in so I put 2 screws about 2 inches apart with the screws not all the way in, through the bin and into the shelf (drilling holes first ofc).
I had some mains cable laying around so stripped out the cores, but i guess you can use any kind of stiff wire as its on the outside of the tub, wrapped one end of each piece around the screw heads. I made an oval hole for the spout to fit through (making sure the height was ok). I did just a round hole to begin with and wondered why it was sitting at a funny angle! *Doh*
Then just twisted the cables together to hold the bottle in place.

Pretty easy realy, 2 screws, 2 bits of wire and a dremmel. Oh, i put the bottle on the outside so that there was more room left inside the 'bin' for Buster to go mad in :mad:

Hope this helps..