PDA

View Full Version : Digging tower out of juice box???

Burakki
05-14-2017, 03:17 PM
I want to make my Marti a digging tower and was wondering if an empty juice box would be a good diy material? I would cut out the top, make a hole at the side near the bottom, insert an toilet paper roll in it and then fill it up. I have spare ladders to attach to it for Marti to be able to climb in.

Would it work?

Drago
05-14-2017, 03:27 PM
I personally wouldn't use a juice box as there's always going to be some sort of residue. I wouldn't ever use cardboard that held liquids at a certain point as I just find it gross, and it will need to be rinsed which can make it soggy if any water gets on the outside. Plus, a juice box seems like it would hold maybe, 4 inches of bedding max! An empty cereal box or a Popsicle/lolli stick hut would be better :)

Burakki
05-14-2017, 03:59 PM
I personally wouldn't use a juice box as there's always going to be some sort of residue. I wouldn't ever use cardboard that held liquids at a certain point as I just find it gross, and it will need to be rinsed which can make it soggy if any water gets on the outside. Plus, a juice box seems like it would hold maybe, 4 inches of bedding max! An empty cereal box or a Popsicle/lolli stick hut would be better :)

If it's a 2litres box, then it can hold more)) I was also worried about residue, though. Thank you for the cereal box idea! I haven't thought of that and I do have some. I'll try that) It's tricky to find popsicle sticks where I live, so I'll make use of cereal boxes)