PDA

View Full Version : Christmas time for hamsters

babyboos
11-23-2005, 04:26 PM
Hi guys are you planning on getting your little one/s a present for Christmas? Will you wrap it and let them open it? What will you get?

i-love-paddy
11-24-2005, 02:48 AM
I'm just going to make a special hamster Christmas cake.

Tony thinks I'm completely barmy

pinksalamander
11-24-2005, 02:52 AM
I'll probably make some sort of cake (banana cake is always good). I might also get some sort of smelly treat and wrap it up in toilet paper :D

souffle
11-24-2005, 06:12 AM
Oh absolutly, Usually treats and a toy. They hang up a little stocking and Santa always comes. They also have cards and an advent calendar. Are we mad or what!!!!!!!!!!!

Skwee
11-24-2005, 07:26 AM
I shall make another few batches of my hamster biscuits, maybe a batch of neonate biscuits as we have a good few babies, and a batch of biscuits for chinchillas/guinea pigs/lemmings (completely sugar free)

hamsters:

pizza flavour (tomato and basil)

neonates:

lactol

sugar intolerant animals:

plain/charcoal/chopped hay or alfalfa

don't ask how, or for recipes though :p because it's one my friend and I made up. They are more complicated and difficult to make than any other recipes that I have seen online so far but ours last ages, other versions go mouldy...

babyboos
11-24-2005, 11:33 AM
oh you can't say that and not expect us to ask you to share :oops:

we don't mind complicated - bring on the recipe for hamsters biscuits

Skwee
11-24-2005, 11:53 AM
yeah but it wont be much fun for my friend and I if in the future we do manage to start making them regularly etc. :P and selling them, even locally!

babyboos
11-24-2005, 01:01 PM
I am sure for convenience sake many people would still buy them off you even if they had access to the recipe :wink:

Skwee
11-24-2005, 02:19 PM
maybe if I'm nice enough I might make a huge batch and post you some :P to see :? if you liked them :) because I only know that my hamsters adore them... :o what if no one else's does???

babyboos
11-25-2005, 03:27 PM
Oh I am sure they will... :lol: :wink: