PDA

View Full Version : Go Play at the Bridge Panda xxx

Tammy22
09-22-2009, 03:35 PM
Some of you might remember Panda and i know she is very special to a couple of you, and quite a few others have met her too.

Panda has been showing her age for a while now, and i have been bathing her eyes for a good few weeks, and placing foods nearer to her nest. She hasnt been looking too good over the past couple of months, although she was still eating, drinking, coming out etc. Last week i noticed that she wasnt doing too well, and was struggling to come out of her bed - i tried to coax her out but she didnt seem able to get out. She hadnt been spending much time out of her nest anyway due to her age, but she was still coping fine - but i thought the time had come for me to let her pass over quickly and peacefully

I phoned the vet and booked her in, then i picked up her and her nest in one scoop with both of my hands and placed her into a small travel box. I then took her into the house and waited for my brother's girlfriend to come and pick me up and take me to the vets. While i was waiting in the house Panda manged to get out of her bed to have a look round and see what was going on. My mam took the lid off the box and gave her a small piece of brown bread - immediately Panda sat up, took the bread between her paws and sarted to eat it.

I just couldnt take her to be put to sleep when she was clearly still so 'alive' - eating and drinking etc. she wasnt quite as mobile as she has been, but to me it just didnt seem right to take her to be put to sleep. I had to ring and cancel the appointment, and tell Charlotte that i changed my mind, but i just couldnt do it.

My mam was so taken with her when she saw her eating the bread from her, that she let her stay in our utility which is quite warm as the tumble drier is in there. I think the couple of cold days we had last week had taken its toll on her, and i think that is why she couldnt get out of her nest quickly - only when she was taken into the house.

Panda reintroduced me to Syrian hamsters over three years ago now, and also introduced me to Syrian breeding when she had her accidental litter last April when she was well over 14 months old. She has always had such a special place in my heart and she always will have.

Panda passed away this evening, after a very long life - she was well over 3 years old and i enjoyed every minute that i spent with her. She had an extra week in our utility in the warm, and passed away peacefully, stopping me having to make the decision for her.

Sleep peacefully Panda and play well at the bridge xxxxx You will be very missed

Tammy xxxx

PS. Just wanted to say that i have just read the poem and looked at the picture posted by Souffle and Pophammy, and even though the tears are rolling down my face, i feel so much happier now and can imagine Panda playing in those meadows and fields, now able to run aound like when she was a youngster

Fluffy
09-22-2009, 08:45 PM
I am very sorry to hear about your loss. It is always hard when we lose a pet, especially one we have grown close to. My condolences on your lose.

Jason

suga
09-22-2009, 11:35 PM
Sleep well little one - :-(

souffle
09-23-2009, 02:26 AM
Aww Tammy I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I know how very special a lady Panda was to you and how beautiful too. She will be much missed but be comforted in the knowledge that you knew what to do for her and that her long life was full of love.
Play well at the bridge Panda
XXX