PDA

View Full Version : Cleo, my grand old lady

velma
02-27-2017, 09:13 AM
Not unexpectedly but still sadly, Cleo passed away just before the weekend. She was about 2years 8months so a good old age. She'd been getting old for a while and her kidneys were a bit weak but in the last month she'd been very wobbley and doddery. She was getting a bit thinner but was still eating and drinking normally even though her fur was getting a but tufty. She was still interested in coming out to say hello every day but in the last week she got very thin so I'd decided to get through the weekend and then take her to the vet. In the end she went on her own terms. She passed away in her sleep, curled up in her nest. We buried her in the garden yesterday, near my dear old Hector.

Thank you for being such a lovely old lady. My granny ham. The first syrian I'd had in twenty years and the face in the pet shop that made me realise I wasn't only a dwarf ham keeper. Play well at the bridge, my dear.

Pebbles82
02-27-2017, 09:24 AM
Farewell Cleo - so sorry Velma - she is playing with Charlie now xxx

cypher
02-27-2017, 09:26 AM
I'm so sorry velma, Cleo really did have a good long life with you & her loss is so sad but I'm glad she was able to go into her forever sleep quietly & peacefully at home.
She had a very special place in your heart & your life & I can imagine how much you will be missing her.

Run free & play well at the bridge Cleo.

flowerfairy
02-27-2017, 09:52 AM
Rest in Peace Cleo. Bless her.

Drago
02-27-2017, 09:56 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss :( you provided a great home to her however and I'm sure she's glad to have had you as her ham parent! May she Rest In Peace

Fluffagrams
02-27-2017, 10:05 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that your grand old lady has crossed the bridge. Even if we know that their time is coming, it's still hard when we have to say goodbye.

Rest in Peace Cleo. xx

Cinnamon Bear
02-27-2017, 10:09 AM
Sorry for your loss, :(

souffle
02-27-2017, 10:56 AM
So very sorry for your loss Velma. She was an fab age and a real wee character who will be so missed.
Run free at the bridge Cleo x

Coco61
02-27-2017, 12:01 PM
So sorry at this news Velma. What a grand age Cleo was. She obviously had a wonderful long life with you. Resting near Hector is lovely. Now they can play together across the bridge. Rest in Peace sweet girl x

Pebbles82
02-28-2017, 09:08 AM
Glad she and Hector are nearby - they can play together now. Hope you are ok xxx

BorisPasha
02-28-2017, 09:48 AM
So sorry to hear about Cleo Velma :( Have fun at the bridge with Hector Cleo.

Thin Lizzy
03-01-2017, 06:22 AM
Velma I'm so very sorry to hear about Cleo, she truly was a beautiful girl and had a wonderful loving life with yourself. Such a grand age!
Big Hugs to You xxx

Hamsterita
03-01-2017, 07:52 AM
So sorry for your lost

dreamtree1234
03-01-2017, 06:47 PM
I am truly so sorry for your terrible loss, Velma. Cleo was such a lovely lady, and I can tell that she was very, VERY loved. Please remember that she will be with you forever in your heart and your memories. Gain peace in the knowledge that she is no longer in any pain or discomfort. She can now run free in the Rainbow Bridge with her other furry friends. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers during your time of sadness. Take care, Velma.