PDA

View Full Version : Cinnamon Passed Away

Drago31
02-14-2017, 06:22 PM
Today I was cleaning our Hamster homes for Jinx & Biscuit and couldn't stop thinking about Cinnamon. She passed away this past November and I feel guilty because we moved and found her a new home before we left and week later I got a call she passed away. When we found her a home it was a single adult and we gave everything so she would have all her familiar things and home. I think what bothers me if we had of took her with us maybe she would have lived longer. I often feel there is a conection we make and this is why I feel so sad. After all these months later. We had her in our home for a year and six months.

Cinnamon came to us as a rescue Hamster. We didn't have the room, but we took her in and when we got her and all her supplies plus her home. She was already over a year old when we got her in May of 2015. Cinnamon was a Class Room School Hamster. Her daily routine was a tiny cage with only a water bottle (no hide away) and a 12inch ball the teacher let her Rome around the class room in. When we first got her I had to let her stay in the tiny cage only a couple of more days and got her a large DIY Bin I made myself. I got her a hide away plus much more. I never took any pictures and I wished I had, but for the first few weeks she would not use the hide away and would build her own. It was pretty awesome to see her pile all her bedding in the corner and make a hole to go into and with the bigger home and all the extra bedding she would make a really big burrow. The hide out I got her she would just turn over, but after trying a few different hide outs she started to use a diy I made from card board.

She also loved her ball. I would hold her ball down in the bin and she would crawl right in and look at me like what are you waiting on I'm ready. My other two don't want anything to do with their balls.

RIP Cinnamon

JLPrairie
02-14-2017, 06:34 PM
I'm so sorry. It sounds like you cared for her the best you could, much better than when she was a class pet. You obviously loved her very much.
RIP

Cinnamon Bear
02-14-2017, 06:35 PM
Sorry for your loss of Cinnamon, no sense looking to the past and feeling sad, you saved her from a bad situation. I also had a hamster named Cinnamon too that I lost about the same time.

Heaven, my Syrian loves her ball and I'm soooo happy as it lets her run all her energy off,

RIP Cinnamon

ladyntramp002
02-14-2017, 06:41 PM
Cinnamon was well loved. You gave her a better life than stuck in a classroom in inadequate housing.

RIP dear Cinnamon

Drago
02-14-2017, 07:43 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss :( may little cinnamon Rest in peace

BluerayDarkes
02-14-2017, 07:57 PM
I'm sorry for loss, but you saved her and gave her love.

Hamsterita
02-15-2017, 04:20 AM
So sorry for your lost, don't beat yourself, you rescued her when anybody wanted her, and you give her a better life.

cypher
02-15-2017, 05:57 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss, try not to have regrets you did your best for her & gave her a good life, it may just have been her time whatever the circumstances but it does take quite some time to come to terms with a loss like this.

Pebbles82
02-15-2017, 08:54 AM
I am so sorry about Cinnamon - it does sound like she was a very aged lady when she passed on if she was a year old in May 2015. It sounds like it was just her time. Whether you had moved her with you or not. xxx

souffle
02-15-2017, 09:33 AM
I am sorry for your lost.You gave her a great life and she was a good age so it was most likely just her time.
Play well at the bridge Cinnamon x

SweetPeaHammy
02-15-2017, 12:24 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. Rest over the bridge Cinnamon

Deanna
02-15-2017, 03:08 PM
sorry to hear about cinnamon its always sad when a hamster passes but you gave them a good life even though you didnt have the room and i agree with the connection part my hamster bubbles before he passed would only move when i looked in on him its a sad thing but i know i gave him so much love and affection and from what ive read you gave cinnamon all the love and care that they could ask for, r.i.p cinnamon <3

Josie
02-15-2017, 06:04 PM
Cinnamon was well loved. You gave her a better life than stuck in a classroom in a tiny cage, play well at the bridge Cinnamon :-({|=

Thin Lizzy
02-15-2017, 08:04 PM
I'm sorry about Cinnamon but, remember you saved her and took care of her. She got to experience the good life with yourself and you should feel proud for giving her that.

Pebbles82
02-16-2017, 02:21 AM
I think I know how you feel - hugs. It's normal to think we could have done more - it's part of the grieving process. But deep down you know you gave her to someone who cared and that was the right thing at the time and she probably had more attention as a result - moves are stressful things and she went to a nice stable home instead of having the chaos of a house move. I think it was just her time and it sounds like it was peaceful. xxx

dreamtree1234
03-01-2017, 07:03 PM
Draco, I am terrible sorry for your loss of Cinnamon. I know that you are feeling regrets, but you must remember that you saved Cinnamon from a sad life as a classroom hamster and gave her SO much love and attention. She was truly dear to you, and she knew that you did absolutely everything you could for her. You gave her a life of pure, selfless love and that is all a hamster could ever hope to have. It was probably just her time since she had a long and happy life with you. Please try to focus on all of your precious memories made together with her. Know that Cinnamon loved you with all of her heart and would want you to find peace in all that you did for her. Although she is no longer physically there with you, she will forever remain a large part of your heart and the love that you shared between the two of you will get you through this hard time. Take care and know that my thoughts are with you. Rest in peace, Cinnamon. May you run happily with your furry friends.