PDA

View Full Version : The London Championship Show - Reading - 12th September 09

Tammy22
08-31-2009, 04:26 AM
The Southern Hamster Club will not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage
THE SOUTHERN HAMSTER CLUB
Present an Open Show at
London Championship Show, Rivermead Leisure Centre, Reading, Berkshire, RG1 8PA
On Saturday 12th September, 2009 at 10.00 am.
Send entries with money. TO ARRIVE NO LATER THAN 9pm Wednesday 9th September 2009.
To:-Mrs Sue Carter, 24 Shepherds Rise, Vernham Dean, Andover, Hants, SP11 0HD,
Tel: 01264 737414 or email: [email protected]
Please make cheques/postal orders payable to The Southern Hamster Club Please enclose a SAE for return of pen-labels.
PLEASE READ YOUR SCHEDULE CAREFULLY AS MANY CLASSES/CLASS NUMBERS HAVE CHANGED FOR THIS SHOW
NO HAMSTER to be removed before end of Show (except Pets) without Show Secretary’s permission.
All Hamsters to be benched by 10.00 am. Judging commences at 10:30 am.

SYRIAN SECTION (to NHC STANDARDS)
SH Judge: Andrew Bryan LH Judge: Wendy Barry
SHORT HAIR CLASSES
1. GOLDEN
2. CREAM
3. AOC MALE
4. AOC FEMALE
5. PATTERNED (Banded, Tort, Dom Spot etc)
6. SATIN
7. Rex (includes satin and patterned)
LONG HAIR CLASSES
A1. CREAM
A2. SELF (Black, White, Sable etc) (excluding Cream)
A3. AOC MALE
A4. AOC FEMALE
A5. PATTERNED (as Class 5)
A6. SATIN
A7. Rex (includes satin and patterned)
DUPLICATE CLASSES All Hamsters to be entered into one of the above classes before duplicating
9 & A9. JUNIOR (all Juniors to be under 16 yrs)
10 & A10. NOVICE (owner not to have won more than 2 x 1st at any SHC shows in classes of 7 or more)
11 & A11. SMALL HAMSTERY (owners of 12 or less Syrian Hamsters)
12 & A12. YOUNG STOCK (ALL STOCK TO BE AGED BETWEEN 8-16 WEEKS) please put date of birth on entry form.
13 & A13. BREEDER (exhibitor to have bred Hamster)
14 & A14. MEMBERS POINTS CLASS (points go to annual award)
15 & A15. GRAND CHALLENGE
SPECIAL CLASS HAMSTER CAN ONLY BE ENTERED INTO THIS CLASSES
16. Short Hair Non-Standard A16. Long Hair Non-Standard

DWARF/GOSH SECTION (to NHC STANDARDS)
Judge: Justine Bibby Book Steward: David Baglin
D1. NORMAL CAMPBELL
D2. ARGENTE CAMPBELL
D3, AC SELF CAMPBELL (to include albino, black & dove)
D4. MOTTLED CAMPBELL (to included black, normal,
dove & argente mottled)
D5. NORMAL CHINESE
D6. DOM SPOT CHINESE
D7. NORMAL WINTERWHITE
D8. PEARL WINTERWHITE
D9. SAPPHIRE WINTER WHITE
D10. NORMAL ROBOROVSKI (to be in Syrian Show Pens)
DUPLICATE CLASSES. All Hamsters to be entered into one of the above classes before duplicating (all classes-criteria as for Syrians)
D11. JUNIOR
D12. NOVICE
D13. SMALL HAMSTERY
D14 YOUNG STOCK
D15. BREEDER
D16. MEMBERS POINTS CLASS (points go to annual award)
D17. GRAND CHALLENGE
SPECIAL CLASS
D14. NON-STANDARD

ENTRY FEES
Main Class (1 to 7, A1 to A7, 16, A16 & D1 to D10, D14) 25p per entry. Duplicate Classes (9 to 15, A9 to A15 & D11 to D17) 5p per entry.

SHOW PENS Very limited number for hire 50p each, MUST BE ORDERED IN ADVANCE WITH YOUR ENTRY. Please put number
required on entry sheet stating whether Syrian or Dwarf. No more than 2 Dwarf Hamsters per show pen. Borrower to supply shavings for short hair Syrians & Dwarfs or wood based cat litter for long hair Syrians. Please remove all contents and label before returning at the end of the show.
ALL HAMSTERS TO HAVE A SMALL AMOUNT OF FRESH FRUIT OR VEGETABLE, A SMALL DOG BISCUIT (which will be
supplied by the club) IS ALSO REQUIRED (this applies to the main show exhibits)

SALE OF STOCK to comply with NHC sales rules From 10:30am to 4pm only. All stock is to be healthy and aged 5 weeks or over. The SELLER must provide boxes for their removal & cards giving date of birth etc. and the seller’s name/phone number (please put your name on your boxes).
The Sales Manager may refuse to sell stock without giving a reason. MINUMUM of 20% of all sales to be donated to the SHC. ALL sales animals MUST be booked in with Mark Harris by 9pm Thursday 10th September 2009 phone 01264 737414

PETS (JUDGED ON TAMENESS & CONDTION) (Judged at 2.00pm on SATURDAY & SUNDAY) Pets can be exhibited either in their own cage or a suitable secure travelling box. Pets can be entered either in advance or on the day. £1 per entry.
P1 Male Syrian Hamsters P2 Female Syrian Hamsters P3 Dwarf Hamsters

AWARDS Trophies provided by the London Champs for overall BIS and juvenile winner, Rosettes for Best in Show & Reserve Best in Show in each section: SH Syrian, LH Syrian & Dwarf.

IMPORTANT The car park at the London Champs is a “pay & display” car park. The parking meter fee is £5for all day but you are able to reclaim £2.50 of this from the centre's reception. Failure to get a ticket will result in wheel clamping. There is also an entry fee into the venue, payable on the day only. Adults £4 & Juniors £3 for all exhibitors (including pets).
The Southern Hamster Club will not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage.

Directions: Rivermead Leisure Complex, Richfield Avenue, Reading, RG1 8EQ Tel: 0118 901 5000
From London: Leave M4 at Junction 11, signposted "Reading Central". Go past Reading FC Stadium. B&Q etc. Straight through all the traffic lights. Over the first roundabout you come to. You will come to a fork in the road with Traffic lights take the right fork (bends to the right) signposted to the Oracle. Keep to the left. Once you hit the Main A329 (IDR) turn left but keep right ie: do not go up the slip road off of the IDR (if you do, come straight back down the other side of the roundabout). Go straight across all traffic lights heading toward Caversham. You will pass the post office on the right and at the next roundabout (TGI Fridays is on the right) turn left onto the Caversham Road. 400 yards a pub called The Moderation is on the left turn left at the roundabout. Rivermead leisure centre is about 400 yards down on the right hand side.
From West on M4: Leave M4 at Junction 12. Take Bath Road through all traffic lights and all mini roundabouts until you hit the A329 (IDR) turn left down the slip road onto the IDR. Past the Post Office and the next roundabout (TGI Fridays is on the right) turn left onto the Caversham Road. 400 yards a pub called The Moderation is on the left turn left at the roundabout. Rivermead leisure centre is about 400 yards down on the right hand side.
From the North on the M40: Leave at junction 9 (A34 to Newbury) and head towards Oxford. Look out for the turn off marked Wallingford/Reading A4074 a left turn ie: away from Oxford Centre. Take the A4074 via Wallingford to Caversham (North Reading) (16 miles). Stay on A4074 all the way into Caversham until you reach a set of traffic lights at the junction of a main road you just passed the Griffin pub on your right and now have the Sawanna Thai Restaurant on your right (highly recommended BTW). Turn right, cross the bridge over the Thames, then turn right at the roundabout by the Holiday Inn onto Richfield Avenue. The Rivermead is about 400 yards on your right.
There is also a display on the second day (Sunday) and any offer of help at would be greatly appreciated.

Hugs
08-31-2009, 01:22 PM
How old is "young stock" in the Dwarf classes?

internet_nobody
09-01-2009, 06:41 AM
Young stock is up to 16 weeks.

Jammy
09-08-2009, 02:06 AM
Hi all

May i ask if you have to be a member to show in the pet class ?

souffle
09-08-2009, 03:31 AM
No you don't need to be a member Jammy and you can enter on the day.
Pet class is judged on tameness and condition and the judge likes to see you have provided for the hamsters needs during the day such a some food, a fluid source like a water bottle or a bit of fruit or veg and some nesting material and perhaps a small toy.
Let us know how you get on :)

Jammy
09-08-2009, 07:26 AM
Thankyou Souffle i shall post how i get on :D

Also i have the daftest soppiest boy i want to enter in pets but he only has 1 eye ? ? ?

souffle
09-08-2009, 07:40 AM
It doesn't matter if he only has one eye for pets. I'm sure it makes him all the more endearing :) Bet he is a charmer!

Jammy
09-10-2009, 03:01 PM
It doesn't matter if he only has one eye for pets. I'm sure it makes him all the more endearing :) Bet he is a charmer!

He is the sweetest little lad and his name ofcourse just had to be............................ One Eyed Willie :D

I am very much looking forward to london champs myself and a friend are siting my caravan friday night and shall be there until sunday evening :D
I am showing my rats with the NRFS and entering 2 hamsters in pets with the NHC show we have even got our old hamster show cages out the loft for the occasion :D

internet_nobody
09-11-2009, 01:57 AM
Don't forget to introduce yourself to us :P Although you'll probably be easy to recognise with the one eyed hammie.