PDA

View Full Version : Gone Way too Soon

bekabee
01-05-2017, 08:33 AM
Little Chewy (a.k.a. Trooper) passed away last night. When my daughter went to feed and water him before bed she told me he was very sleepy. I knew before I even saw him something had to be wrong. He seems to have had symptoms of Torpor, cold to the touch, limbs splayed out, shallow breathing, eyes closed. I warmed him slowly with a heating pad and layers of blanket, making sure he could breath. I also tried to offer water with a medicine dropper. He passed away soon after.
Poor little guy, I feel awful. He has been living in our upstairs bathroom that stays fairly warm all of the time. We just moved him downstairs on Monday after we put away the Christmas stuff and then the outside temperatures dropped drastically Tuesday PM. Our guinea pigs and parakeet live in the same room for the past few years, so I didn't even think about it maybe being too cold for Chewy.
RIP little Ham-Man.

Drago
01-05-2017, 10:48 AM
I'm very sorry for your loss, you did all that was possible, but sometimes your all isn't enough. My sympathy goes to you and just remember that you provided an excellent life for him when he was alive.

Josie
01-05-2017, 05:50 PM
So sorry to hear about Chewy, hope that you are ok, play well at the bridge little boy hugs to you xx

cypher
01-05-2017, 10:59 PM
I'm so sorry bekabee, this must be so hard for you & your daughter, hope you're ok.
His time with you was so short but so full of love.

Run free & play well at the bridge little Chewy.

Hamsterita
01-06-2017, 01:34 AM
So sorry for your lost, it must be really hard for you and your daughter

Ahateumezalea
01-08-2017, 02:53 AM
Sorry for your loss.

xbuttons94
01-08-2017, 01:54 PM
Very sorry to hear about Chewy

Thin Lizzy
01-09-2017, 06:56 AM
So sorry to hear about Chewy xxx

SyrianHammie
01-09-2017, 08:32 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss :( Must be hard for you and your daughter.

Sleep well little Chewy <3