PDA

View Full Version : Rest in Peace Woodstock

flowerfairy
12-15-2016, 02:46 AM
My lovely Woodstock has not been himself for a few days. His back legs stopped working and his eyes had to be bathed open each day.

He wanted to move about but couldnt. Still had strong front legs and neck. I decided to take him to the vet. He was put to sleep Tuesday morning. RIP my little gentle friend.

http://www.hamstercentral.com/community/syrian-hamster/64005-woodstocks-thread.html

ps I was pleased that the vet anaesthatised him (whiff of anaesthetic he told me) before bringing him back to me and giving him the final injection.

BorisPasha
12-15-2016, 02:48 AM
:( So sorry to hear about Woodstock Flowerfairy.

Have fun at the bridge Woodstock.

cypher
12-15-2016, 03:06 AM
I'm so very sorry flowerfairy, Woodstock was a lovely little guy & I know how special he was to you, I'm sure you must be missing him very much *hugs*

Run free & play well at the bridge Woodstock.

SKB_Hamsters
12-15-2016, 03:40 AM
I'm am so sorrry to hear about Woodstock. He was a special hamster who had such a lovely life with you. My thoughts are with you and I hope you are ok.
Play well at the bridge Woodstock

Coco61
12-15-2016, 11:45 AM
Oh flower fairy, I am so very sorry about your special Woodstock. He was a lovely fluffy boy and then had to battle Cushings. You know I felt that keenly for him and for you as well. A gentle loving boy who has gone to the bridge to be restored to full health.
Play well Woodstock and enjoy things there now. RIP.

Scarlett Empress
12-15-2016, 11:57 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Woodstock, and glad you could be with him at the end - sending hugs xxx

Bec
12-15-2016, 12:57 PM
So very sorry to hear about Woodstock, a very special ham.
Play well at the bridge little one x

Cinnamon Bear
12-15-2016, 01:01 PM
So sorry about Woodstock, know how much you loved him, he's at peace now from Cushings. It's so sad:(

Hammy992
12-15-2016, 02:38 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Woodstock flowerfairy.
He was a very special boy who didnt let Cushings hold him back from living a happy fulfilling life. Glad that he had you by his side all the way and is now at peace.

Play well at the bridge Woodstock x

chesca_27
12-15-2016, 03:24 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss :(.

He was a beautiful hammy who had an amazing life.

RIP Woodstock

Thin Lizzy
12-15-2016, 03:32 PM
Oh flowerfairy I'm so sad to read this about your beloved Woodstock, you did the right thing and your little beautiful boy is at peace and pain free. He didn't let Cushings get in his way, a little trooper. Its never easy making that decision but you did it with love.
Big Hugs to you ff xxx

Hamsterita
12-16-2016, 03:52 AM
Sorry for your lost. He was a fighter, now finally he can rest in peace.

Fluffagrams
12-16-2016, 06:10 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this Flowerfairy.

Sleep well Woodstock.

flowerfairy
12-16-2016, 01:17 PM
Thank you so much for your lovely messages everyone. Woodstock is now buried in a large pot with some mint and basil growing in it.

The vet sent a lovely card saying 'with sympathy'.

All the others are doing well.