PDA

View Full Version : Thank you.

FirstMate
11-29-2016, 03:53 PM
Thank you, Bonny, for the time you spent with me, from when I first smuggled you home, through clambering all over my shoulders, to that last cuddle cradled in my hands. You saw me through difficult times and were my constant companion during some big changes. I've owned a lot of hamsters before and loved all of them, but you were something special. Hopefully you didn't think I was too bad either.

And thank you to the various users of this forum who not only offered reassurance during her illness, but who educated me when I was lurking here before signing up. Whenever I needed to know how I could make Bonny happy, Google directed me to this forum, so it's thanks to you that I was able to make her life fun and comfortable while she was here (and also thanks to you that I realised when something was first wrong, and got her to take her antibiotics). I wish it had been longer and that I had happier reasons for posting.

She was PTS this afternoon. I found her out of her nest this morning, hunched up and shaking; when I gave her a gentle stroke she tried to walk away and fell over. I booked the appointment with the vet, who confirmed my suspicions that this was probably pyometra or something similar rather than a UTI, and although we talked briefly about spaying, we both agreed fairly quickly that she was too weak for the operation to be worth the distress it would cause her, assuming she ever recovered from the anaesthetic. She's buried under the tree I used to give her twigs from. I'm trying not to keep glancing at her empty cage, looking to see whether she's out of her house, and apologising to her when I bump against it.

Goodnight, my little captain.

http://i68.tinypic.com/nwc200.png

PumpKinSpiceLatte
11-29-2016, 04:42 PM
Rest In Peace Mate's little captain :(

InkyPen
11-29-2016, 05:01 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss :'( RIP Bonny

chesca_27
11-29-2016, 05:04 PM
Rest in peace, beautiful hamster :(

I'm very sorry for your loss

You did your best for her

Josie
11-29-2016, 05:14 PM
Play well at the bridge beautiful little girl hugs to you xxx

"Do not worry about me when I am gone and on the other side. Life is Eternal"

cypher
11-30-2016, 12:21 AM
So sorry for the loss of your special girl FirstMate, you did your best for her & I'm sure she knew that, take comfort knowing she's at peace now.

Run free & play well at the bridge Bonny.

Hamsterita
11-30-2016, 05:29 AM
So sorry for your lost.

Rest in peace Bonny

souffle
11-30-2016, 05:41 AM
So sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful girl
Play well at the bridge Bonny x

Quicksilver
11-30-2016, 03:14 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss.
Take care and hugs x

I wish you Bonny all the fun and joy on the other side x

Rads
11-30-2016, 03:55 PM
So sorry to hear about your loss of poor little Bonny, I hope she is causing riots and chaos where ever she is now...

Thin Lizzy
12-01-2016, 02:20 AM
So sorry to hear of your loss. Bonny your little captain was so gorgeous and I love that pic - such a cheeky cute face. Big Hugs to you xxx