PDA

View Full Version : Crafting questions

jenn2728
10-14-2016, 12:59 PM
As a soon to be dwarf hamster owner I am working on some diy projects! I have bought some popsticles, but I have some questions about the glue.
I have read a lot of threats /watched a of YouTube videos, but I basically want to double check it with you guys. Since I am living in the Netherlands I am not able to buy the pva glue easily. I went to the toy store and bought "water based glue". My thoughts; water based glue is safe- but now I am doubting... Could someone please confirm to me whether water based glue is safe? Is this the same as pva just under another name?

Furthermore, I was wondering whether I could use water color / aquarelle paint for dying the popsticles? If it's safe I want to just use the cheap kids version. I googled it but I could not really find an answer.

Thank you in advance for helping me! I just don't want to make mistakes that could harm my hamster, if it is easy to avoid! (For example; I bought I terrarium second hand and I was stressing so much about the silicone kit. I almost bought pet safe aquarium silicone kit, before my mother pointed out to me that this is already made for pets so that it is probably safe hihi ...)

SKB_Hamsters
10-18-2016, 03:15 AM
Do you have a picture or a link to glue you bought as that may help to determine whether its safe or not?
I'm also unsure whether water colours are safe for hamsters.

Erin's Animals has a good video to make hamster safe glue (from flour and water) and paints from fruit and veg, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8q5B_grqI0 - both glue and paints are safe for your hamster to chew on.

jenn2728
10-27-2016, 02:33 PM
Thank you! I decided to go with another glue type after all- one of which I was sure that it was definitely safe!

Thanks for the video- I defentily got some inspiration from it!