PDA

View Full Version : From wooden cage to white cage

3mma
09-09-2016, 07:19 AM
Yesterday i got my hamster, Maja, a new cage. It came in a natural wooden color but since everything in my room is white i of course wanted the cage to be white as well. So i figured the easiest way to turn the cage white was by using contact paper in the outside. It sure was a struggle because of the airbubbles that always hunt me when i'm doing something with contact paper, but it was worth it. The cage turned out great :D

http://media.emmas.me/2016/09/till-hamstercentral.jpg

flowerfairy
09-10-2016, 01:43 AM
That looks wonderful. What cage is it? Lucky hamster. I like white for things as well.

chesca_27
09-10-2016, 02:10 AM
Flowerfairy I think it's a Living World Eco Green Habitat cage (something like that).

It looks really nice! You definitely have a great set up.

I would be carful with the bottle attached to the glass though - some hams aren't sure how to use the bottle and dehydrate. Also, be careful it doesn't fall off the glass. I have that bottle and mine won't even stay up for more than 30 seconds so I bought this waterbottle instead. (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lillypet-Hideout-Drinking-Plastic-Habitat/dp/B019I78002/ref=sr_1_4?rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1473498496&sr=8-4&keywords=hamster+water+bottle) They sell them everywhere online and work great. My WW loves to sleep in there too which is a great space saver for travelling.

What hamster do you have?

I love the Knuff Ikea shelf at the back too.

3mma
09-14-2016, 11:40 PM
That looks wonderful. What cage is it? Lucky hamster. I like white for things as well.

Thank you :) This is the Living World Green Eco Habitat in size M(58,5x98,5cm). I bought it of the zooplus website.

3mma
09-14-2016, 11:51 PM
Flowerfairy I think it's a Living World Eco Green Habitat cage (something like that).

It looks really nice! You definitely have a great set up.

I would be carful with the bottle attached to the glass though - some hams aren't sure how to use the bottle and dehydrate. Also, be careful it doesn't fall off the glass. I have that bottle and mine won't even stay up for more than 30 seconds so I bought this waterbottle instead. (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lillypet-Hideout-Drinking-Plastic-Habitat/dp/B019I78002/ref=sr_1_4?rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1473498496&sr=8-4&keywords=hamster+water+bottle) They sell them everywhere online and work great. My WW loves to sleep in there too which is a great space saver for travelling.

What hamster do you have?

I love the Knuff Ikea shelf at the back too.

Thank you :)

I have a syrian hamster but she is wery small and weigh about 100 grams.

Maja has no problem using that bottle and mine stays up until i remove it. I use a tiny bit of water between the glass and the suction cups, that way it's a struggle to remove them actually. I do want to use velcro though because it seems so practical but i'm nut sure were i want to place her bottle permanently.

Thank you for noticing that, it was a real struggle to glue the fence together with non toxic and waterbased childrens glue.. But now when it's dry it's very sturdy :)

chesca_27
09-15-2016, 02:28 PM
That's a great idea for the bottle! I've tried lolly-stick craft and it really does take ages.

Pebbles82
09-15-2016, 03:49 PM
Wow that looks amazing. I've always loved those. I've only ever seen it on the floor on wheels, and looks great on a table without wheels :-)

POLAR WHITES
09-16-2016, 06:26 AM
I like the look of them cages but my naughty syrians would chew the wood which puts me off them. But I think for a robo or small dwarf they would be fab.

Mollie
09-18-2016, 02:24 PM
That looks lovely! :D xx

I'm always eyeing up those cages lol. I've even worked out how I could squeeze one into my pet room in the future lol. It wouldn't fit at the moment but that doesn't stop me plotting! :lol:

flowerfairy
09-26-2016, 01:38 AM
It looks wonderful. I wish all mine had see through cages like that, but I like bar cages for fresh air and for handing them treats!

pinkneon
09-26-2016, 08:37 AM
It is soooo nice! Looks so refreshing in white too!